Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I also find it hard to believe she doesn't speak Sapnish and lived in the Kendall area. Most English speakers left that area due to the fact that there was virtually no English spoken there. I hated that district due to that fact. Unless a police officer was black they would speak Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why don't they report on how children who are brought to the United States have been uprooted,are in a country that is unfamiliar to them,a country where they do not speak the language and is hard for them in school,a country where they know they do not belong and the parents have forced them to be criminals.

These stories are one sided and I Do Not Sympathize with them at All !

Our reporters should be pointing out how difficult it is on children being brought to the USA illegally !!

Did you notice the parents both have good jobs already ??? So jobs are available in these countries despite what the Illegals say !!!!!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Why don't they report on how children who are brought to the United States have been uprooted,are in a country that is unfamiliar to them,a country where they do not speak the language and is hard for them in school,a country where they know they do not belong and the parents have forced them to be criminals.

These stories are one sided and I Do Not Sympathize with them at All !

Our reporters should be pointing out how difficult it is on children being brought to the USA illegally !!

Did you notice the parents both have good jobs already ??? So jobs are available in these countries despite what the Illegals say !!!!!!

What a great point "uspatriot" I never looked at it that way, I wonder why? They are surely being uprooted to come here and put in schools with English speaking children , yes, someone answer this please!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm always sad for the kids and if there weren't so many, I might be a little more compassionate. But using this logic to excuse these families is specious. It means if an illegal dad stole a car for his teenaged daughter, she'd have the right to keep it. Due to the vast numbers, millions, it's irresponsible to excuse their theft of citizenship in the face of millions of others who are waiting their turns.
    '58 Airedale

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    No one wants to be held accountable for their decisions, I do feel bad for these kids my heart breaks for them, but I will not destroy a whole country for them, sometimes we have to make tough decisions.
    I agree. But I always go back to one thing. What about the American kids who can't get the American Dream. What about us?!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderFox
    No one wants to be held accountable for their decisions, I do feel bad for these kids my heart breaks for them, but I will not destroy a whole country for them, sometimes we have to make tough decisions.
    I agree. But I always go back to one thing. What about the American kids who can't get the American Dream. What about us?!
    Yea what about the Americans that are losing there jobs and homes and businesses because of them?!?!?!?!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BorderFox

EXACTLY
    Take care of your own first, and Americans certainly have alot of their own to take care of that are being neglected.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

What a great point "uspatriot" I never looked at it that way, I wonder why? They are surely being uprooted to come here and put in schools with English speaking children , yes, someone answer this please!!!!
    I took a class at a local community college on culture and diversity. The teacher told us about an example of what made her support Americans learning foreign languages. She said that she attended a lecture at a public school and the lecturer handed her a paper and told her to read it. She said that it was in a foreign language and she felt stupid. This is the argument for teaching OUR children someone else's language!! It's just ridiculous how educators are coddling illegals. The invaders should have to go to school to learn ENGLISH before they can attend public schools! Better yet they should go HOME!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like your comment US Patriot. I never thought of it that way either. There are comments after that article and I read what you wrote on it. The comments some people made just shows me how angry and fed up Americans are with these illegals demanding more and more. One woman who is a legal immigrant from Ireland stated that they should that ICE should put up a road block in West Kendall and check all people's immigration status and deport any illegal not matter if they are 4 or 85 years old. Another person stated they could fill numerous airbuses full of illegals that are in Miami. Someone else said that the newspaper needs a new editor that is not pro illegal. Many claimed we need more ICE agents.

This is something one person wrote in the comments after the article. I don't know about the last two sentences but agree with the rest.

http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.a ... m&tid=5055

Date: 2007-08-23T19:45:40

I must admit that only government could make the mess that we are currently in with regards to immigration. However, two wrongs do not make it right. Laws are written in this country to define the citizen?s intentions to maintain a civilized society. Laws are not written to be FLUID. Could you imagine the tax laws as being fluid, who would be stupid to pay taxes?

Just for the record Wet Foot / Dry Foot was a policy that was founded by the Clinton Administration in 1995. This policy has led to the trafficking of humans that is reminiscent of the slave trade or at least indentured servitude. Since the federal government has no intention of eliminating the policy the only hope is that the two beast that rule the island of Cuba will soon be tossed into the pit of Hades, and the policy will be no longer needed. What the policy did was, draw a line in the sand, literally. What it also did was allowed the federal government to shorten the time that the Federal government had to warehouse these people at a location like Krome Detention, and shifted their expenses to the State and local charities. I have seen where the migrant already has an apartment, a job and food stamp cards and related items before they leave the island.

Next I would like to touch on the fact that all of the people of the western hemisphere are immigrants, this includes the Indian populations. At this time I would also like to point out that when Europeans came to this hemisphere, they found no problem enslaving the people that where already here. At least those that survived after the runs of Small Pox, Yellow Fever, Syphilis and Gonorrhea, just to name a few plagues. I should also like to mention that many of the countries of South America are starting to experience the same influx of illegal migrants as the US. The point being that once borders are established and laws are enacted, the concept has changed. You can not just show up in a city and establish yourself and become a member. Things just do not work that way anymore.

In relation to the cases of Ms. Maza and the Gomez brothers, I do feel sorry for them. The fact that they are being penalized for a crime that they did not commit is unfair, but the fact is that life is not fair. This is something that we all are aware of. Now they, and others like them may be able to get citizenship by enlisting in the military, I do not know this for a fact, but I have heard from people in this position that this is possible. The irony in this situation is that in Latin culture, they are judged by the actions of their forefathers. This is one reason for the hyphenated surnames. In the US, we only recognize one hyphenated name, but in their home country they can have several. All of the surnames are used to set their status in the community. All of this is something I do not agree with, since a person should only be judged on their own moral fiber and not what some relative did or did not do, a year ago or 100 centuries ago. Should these kids have to go through a 10 year process to reenter legally, I do not think so. However, they should have to go through some process.

As usual the Herald presents the cream of the crop to state its case. But the laws have to apply to all. I am sure that all those affected do not make good poster children. What do you all propose to do with them, let us all remember that the law must be blind for equal justice to prevail, like it or not. As to what the futures hold for these kids is totally unknown. They may be Rhodes scholars or they could be mass murders. No one can tell with certainty. If you can the please tell me the next set of winning Lotto numbers because the ones I have are not working.

The parents willfully chose to break the law. Questions that need to be answered are:

Why does it take the Federal government 20 years to deport an Illegal?
    Why are companies not being prosecuted for hiring Illegal?s?
    Why are social security numbers not being checked for validity?
    How did these kids pass through the school system when their parents where illegal?
    How does an Illegal own property without a valid Social Security number? For that matter, bank accounts, businesses or even a driver?s license or identification?

We all know that the SS number is tied to everything. In this day and age the computer is tied to everything. Nailing illegals should occur the first time they come in contact with the government. Deportation should occur within 30 days, provided the person needs to liquidate assets to pay for their trip home, although, they should have no assets to liquidate.

I agree the effects of enforcing lawful immigration in South Florida will be devastating to the economy of the region. For once employers will have to pay a living wage and time and half for all work over 40 hours. Home prices will plummet as the glut of houses will drive the prices to their actual worth. Gone to will be the need for all the illegal additions that have been built, so those can be torn down. Congestion on the roads will drop so the cost of widening and upgrading and extending them will be saved. Social services will finally have a chance to catch their breath. The medical industry will be able to provide proper health services instead the current slaughterhouse procedures that are now used. The expense of using Medicaid as Worker?s Comp will be paid by the employer as Worker?s Comp, instead of Medicaid by State tax dollars. Developers and Contractors will no longer be able to afford to bribe our local government. Since they will have to pay real wages and provide benefits as well as pay all the expenses of their business without government subsidies.

As the first order of business in this direction I propose that the three hyphenated legislators propose a bill in Congress to close the loopholes in the current immigration legislation. Second, I propose that they uphold the oath of office that they took for their positions and stop kowtowing to special interest groups in order to retain their elected positions. Should they choose not to up hold the law of the United States they should be removed from office and tried as the traitors that they are. The fact is that we have laws in this country and they must be upheld. To ignore them completely will lead to chaos. A chaos that is many times worst then we currently live with here in Miami. The fact is that living condition have steadily and rapidly degraded here in South Florida. If the current policy continues the problem will spread further and will be harder to eliminate.

In closing I would like to state that the United States is a country of immigrants, LEGAL immigrants. In year past a person with out papers was referred to as a WOP, a derogatory term associated with Italians, meaning With Out Papers. They too where exploited as cheap disposable labor, which is why we have laws against it now. Second, I would like to point out that the US was not the only country that stole the land of the Indians; all nations of the western hemisphere did the same. Third, I object to the racist terms that you use to describe yourself. Latin is a language group. French and Italian are also a part of that group. Term Hispanic is a term that I would find the origins of before I used it to describe myself. The term was created to remove the pervious term Mulatto, since the meaning of the word has negative meanings in Spanish. The two terms are in fact racists and are used by people that are racist. Since the government pays employers to hire minorities, when you check the box Hispanic you are stating that you are inferior and are a mulatto. Although I do not believe that any of you think that you are, that is what you are saying. Same as when you describe yourself as a XXXXX-American. The fact is you are an American or you are not. This country does not recognize dual citizenship, so you can not be a hyphenated anything. My last comment in this will be to state that before you start screaming racist, that Adolph Hitler came to power with a constitution that was very similar to the American constitution. How you describe yourself may not effect you but it could your children or theirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast