Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    Driver said she didn't know she hit child
    Suspect thought she just hit grandmother, boyfriend explains

Arellano de Hogue was driving Mondragon's red 1999 Dodge Ram pickup home from Wal-Mart, he said.

A native of Mexico, mother of four -- the youngest of whom is 11 -- and grandmother of one, she has lived in the United States for about 30 years, he said. She was in the country legally, police said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... -headlines
    So, this sub-human piece of garbage has been in the US for 30 years and she still cannot speak English? Just goes to show you just how much these people want to become Americans. I would also like to know what they consider "legal".

My guess is much more about this will come out in the future.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... -headlines
    From the Baltimore Sun

Hearing today in toddler's death
    Criminal charge possible in accident

By Chris Emery
    sun reporter

December 4, 2006

A bail hearing is scheduled today for the woman charged in the hit-and-run dragging death of a toddler whose stroller was struck at a Towson intersection and caught under the pickup truck she was driving.

Lazara Arellano de Hogue, 40, could face a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $5,000 fine if convicted of leaving the scene of a fatal accident, attorneys familiar with such cases said yesterday. Police said earlier that other charges might be lodged in connection with the incident.

The vehicle struck Elijah Cozart, 3, and his grandmother, 55-year-old Marjorie Thomas, as she pushed him in a stroller across Goucher Boulevard near the boy's Glenmont home, Baltimore County police said.

The boy was dragged underneath the truck for nearly three-quarters of a mile before tumbling free, according to police. He was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital shortly afterward.

Arellano de Hogue was arrested at a home in the 500 block of Castle Drive where she was living with her boyfriend, Cirilo Mondragon. He said Saturday that she was driving his red 1999 Dodge Ram pickup home from Wal-Mart with her daughter Kenya Santos, 21, as a passenger. Police said an infant boy was also riding in the truck.

Steven D. Silverman, a Baltimore attorney, said yesterday that the hit-and-run charge on which the woman was being held is considered a traffic violation, not a criminal offense. But he and other lawyers interviewed by The Sun said that would change if authorities charge her with vehicular manslaughter, a criminal offense carrying heavier penalties, if they conclude that Arellano de Hogue was grossly negligent.

"But that is much more difficult to prove," said Silverman, whose firm defends clients charged in traffic cases, particularly those that are alcohol-related. "It usually involves two simultaneous acts of negligence, such as drinking and speeding excessively."

However, leaving the scene of a fatal accident might be considered a form of negligence, lawyers said. "She had a duty to stop and remain at the scene," said James E. Crawford Jr., another Baltimore attorney who defends people charged with traffic violations.

Arellano de Hogue was being held over the weekend at the Baltimore County Detention Center on $2 million bail.

Elijah's parents, Marsha C. Cozart and Kevin L. Cozart, declined to talk to reporters yesterday.

"They are devastated," said Susanna Stafford, a family friend. "We're all devastated. It's too much to understand."

She said the family is preparing a public statement and would begin making preparations for the boy's funeral service today.

"You think about calling a funeral home to arrange a child's funeral, and it just doesn't make sense," Stafford said.

The grandmother was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. The hospital would not divulge her condition last night.

According to police accounts, the toddler tumbled free of the pickup truck as it descended a steep section of the 1500 block of Regester Ave. The truck then stopped on Regester, and a woman got out of the vehicle and dislodged the stroller from its undercarriage, police said.

A woman holding an infant also got out of the truck and looked underneath, witnesses said. Both women got back in the truck and drove away.

Witnesses took down the truck's license plate number and found the boy on a hill in a clump of grass near the road. They said he was moving slightly.

Police said they tracked the truck to Castle Drive, where they arrested Arellano de Hogue.

Arellano de Hogue said she had swerved to avoid hitting the grandmother and did not realize she had struck the boy, according Mondragon, who said she called him from police custody Saturday.

chris.emery@baltsun.com
    Copyright © 2006, The Baltimore Sun | Get Sun home delivery
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Hi Loservillelabor,
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Coto please. The senator article was way off topic.
    If you want the posting deleted, go right ahead or advise me to. I prefer to leave it there.

What I did was draw upon the commonality of what the illegal did - cold blooded murder (which may be reduced to a traffic violation), and the drowning of Mary Jo, and the mysterious murder of Vincent Foster. Hillary didn't pull the trigger, but, according to this, one of her handlers did:
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200509210002
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCH ... oster.html

3 commonalities (direct and/or indirect) are:
    Murders/deaths
    Purpetrators above the law.
    No remorse for their victims (sociopaths)

Those who are "above the law." The illegal will probably walk due to an aggressive legal defense and the catch and release practices.

I respect what you post, and enjoy reading your writings. I drew an inference between the illegal's commission of murder, and Hillary's involvement with the murder of Vincent Foster.

I have absolute total disrespect for Hillary - the same or more than I disrespect a mass murderer or a traitor. Heard on the radio, this morning, that Hillary is predicted to win.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

COTO

leave it up please. I see your point in relationship to illegal immigration and the problem with their violence. As well as taking into consideration that this is the mind set of senators who are pushing for open borders AND also have checkered pasts.

The Rule of Law is being weakened every single day by these scum.

clinton has also been involved in pardons directly related to the security of our country re: the PR terrorists

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... ?track=rss

Bail reduced for woman held in toddler's death
    Driver faces 5 years in prison for Towson hit-and-run accident
    By Chris Emery and Jennifer McMenamin
    sun reporters
    Originally published December 4, 2006, 12:56 PM EST

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo ... 727327.jpg (picture of little boy)

A judge has reduced the bail for the woman charged in the hit-and-run dragging death of a toddler whose stroller was struck at a Baltimore County intersection and caught under the pick-up truck the woman was driving.

Bail was set at $250,000 this morning for Lazara Arellano de Hogue, who had been held on $2 million bail over the weekend.

During a hearing in District Court in Towson, Judge Philip N. Tirabassi also ordered that the woman be placed on home detention if released on bail, and that she surrender her passport.

Dressed in an orange jumpsuit and slip-on shoes, Arellano de Hogue was weepy in court, and seemed distraught. Through a Spanish-speaking interpreter, the 40-year-old woman told the judge that she felt "really bad," and that she hadn't slept or eaten.

"I'm thinking about my kids," she said. "I'm a father and a mother to my kids. I will come to court whenever you tell me to. Don't be afraid. I'm not going anywhere."

Allan J. Webster, an assistant state's attorney, asked the judge to maintain the $2 million bail.

Noting that Arellano de Hogue is alleged to have left the scene of an accident, Webster said that alone suggests that she is a flight risk.

The charge of leaving the scene of a fatal accident carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, court officials said.

Webster, the prosecutor, told the judge today that auto manslaughter charges might be filed "down the road."

During the hearing, a lawyer representing the woman said his client does not drink or abuse any medication.

"This was a tragic accident, and that's it," the lawyer, Michael A. Zwaig, told reporters after the hearing. "The crime in this case is the flight after the accident."

The vehicle struck Elijah Cozart, 3, and his grandmother, 55-year-old Marjorie Thomas, as she pushed him in a stroller across Goucher Boulevard near the boy's Glenmont home, Baltimore County police said.

The boy was dragged underneath the truck for nearly three-quarters of a mile before tumbling free, according to police. He was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital shortly afterward.

Arellano de Hogue was arrested at a home in the 500 block of Castle Drive where she was living with her boyfriend, Cirilo Mondragon. He said Saturday that she was driving his red 1999 Dodge Ram pickup home from Wal-Mart with her daughter Kenya Santos, 21, as a passenger. Police said an infant boy was also riding in the truck.

Steven D. Silverman, a Baltimore attorney, said yesterday that the hit-and-run charge on which the woman was being held is considered a traffic violation, not a criminal offense. But he and other lawyers interviewed by The Sun said that would change if authorities charge her with vehicular manslaughter, a criminal offense carrying heavier penalties, if they conclude that Arellano de Hogue was grossly negligent.

"But that is much more difficult to prove," said Silverman, whose firm defends clients charged in traffic cases, particularly those that are alcohol-related. "It usually involves two simultaneous acts of negligence, such as drinking and speeding excessively."

However, leaving the scene of a fatal accident might be considered a form of negligence, lawyers said. "She had a duty to stop and remain at the scene," said James E. Crawford Jr., another Baltimore attorney who defends people charged with traffic violations.

Arellano de Hogue was being held over the weekend at the Baltimore County Detention Center on $2 million bail.

Elijah's parents, Marsha C. Cozart and Kevin L. Cozart, declined to talk to reporters yesterday.

"They are devastated," said Susanna Stafford, a family friend. "We're all devastated. It's too much to understand."

She said the family is preparing a public statement and would begin making preparations for the boy's funeral service today.

"You think about calling a funeral home to arrange a child's funeral, and it just doesn't make sense," Stafford said.

The grandmother was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. The hospital would not divulge her condition last night.

According to police accounts, the toddler tumbled free of the pickup truck as it descended a steep section of the 1500 block of Regester Ave. The truck then stopped on Regester, and a woman got out of the vehicle and dislodged the stroller from its undercarriage, police said.

A woman holding an infant also got out of the truck and looked underneath, witnesses said. Both women got back in the truck and drove away.

Witnesses took down the truck's license plate number and found the boy on a hill in a clump of grass near the road. They said he was moving slightly.

Police said they tracked the truck to Castle Drive, where they arrested Arellano de Hogue.

Arellano de Hogue said she had swerved to avoid hitting the grandmother and did not realize she had struck the boy, according Mondragon, who said she called him from police custody Saturday.

What the hell is wrong with these judges??

What......this is unbelievably disrespectful to a very tiny American citizen!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't you get it yet? American citizens simply don't matter to this administration, our Government, our liberal Judges nor to our Media anymore! Took me a while to wake up to that fact,now I Know, everyone else should fast be coming to that conclusion themselves by now!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Five years is unbelievable!

This lying piece of scum stopped and removed the stroller leaving the child lying by the side of the road to die.

She should spend the rest of her sorry life in prison and so should her daughter who was more concerned with damage to the truck than this child's life.

Anybody that would do something like this once, would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by the illegal, and murderer
    I'm thinking about my kids,"
    That illegal was thinking about herself, the only "sorry" she feels is that of having got caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illegal
    "I'm a father and a mother to my kids. I will come to court whenever you tell me to.
    kids? ahem. her anchor babies
    Quote Originally Posted by the illegal
    Don't be afraid. I'm not going anywhere.
    Of course not, she's on the fast track to full citizenship and anxious to get back behind the wheel!

How much of the 5 years will be behind bars?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12