Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Arizona Military Testing Range a Hotbed of Border Smuggling Activity

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    They would need current evidence that they aren't doing their job per the contract and unless we know what the contract requires them to do, we have no idea whether they're in breach of their obligations or not. Terminating a contract without valid cause is very difficult. And the President has no authority to do that under government procurement laws. Mattis might be able to lodge a complaint and open an investigation within DOD.

Based on my 15 years of working on this issue of illegal immigration, it's been my experience and conclusion that the US Department of Defense has absolutely no interest in the illegal immigration issue or its consequences on the American people. They're focused on Russia and regime changes in other countries and that's been the sad state of affairs for my lifetime.

Maybe you've observed something different.
    April 3, 2018

President Trump on Tuesday said that the U.S. will secure the southern border with the military until a wall can be built, calling the move a “big step.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/03/trump-says-military-will-secure-southern-border-until-wall-can-be-built.html

Another broken promise, US isn't securing the border with the military, not even their own Militray bases, not even the National Parks, much less anything else.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

From your article:

The Pentagon was scrambling to come up with a response to Trump's statement on the military guarding the border. But according to a memo obtained by Fox News and discussions with officials, one area where the Pentagon could contribute immediately is the Air Force’s Barry Goldwater live-fire range, which shares a 35-mile border with Mexico in southern Arizona.

The Defense Department is already offering some support to the border, including U.S. Navy ships patrolling waters to seize drugs as well as missions involving over 100 personnel from U.S. military’s northern command -- including eight planes and a drone -- to help border patrol.
    The proper response from the Pentagon to the President's statement should have been scrambling about 20,000 troops and 400 aircraft and tanks and special forces and SEALS to the Southern Border within 5 days. Not a stupid response claiming they're already helping with 8 planes, 1 drone and 100 "personnel".

Like I said, the US Department of Defense has absolutely no interest in securing the borders of the United States against illegal immigration. Instead of scrambling an appropriate troop and assets response to stop the invasion, they "scramble" "memos" explaining why they don't want to do that, can't do that, are already stressed doing this or that, and defy the order. They've done this with 3 Presidents, Bush, Obama and now Trump and gotten away with it. Why do they get away with it? Because key members of Congress on the take with the cartels who want this border to remain open are on key committees that control their appropriations and authorizations and I'm sure pass the money around throughout key hands and pockets in DOD.

I think all 3 Presidents decided much to their chagrin and disappointment, that you can't trust DOD on the border for that reason, and for President Trump, not even a DOD under the command of Mad Dog Mattis.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-09-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    If you think trying to build a wall around the base to protect it and our country from illegal aliens is turning a blind eye, then I guess so.
    How long has this been going on? According to the article illegal aliens and drug smugglers cross through these areas at will, yet BP agents must seek and gain permission while sometimes be denied. How much sense does that make? Border Patrol should only have to show proper identification to gain access to these government owned wilderness areas and there should be no denials! I don't see a reason the Trump administration can't insist money for a wall be appropriated from the military budget since it will be used to protect a military installation. This is something that should have already been done!

Oh, and I'm not buying into your conspiracy/excuse that members of our U.S. Congress are actually in league with the drug cartels.
    Last edited by MW; 09-09-2018 at 09:46 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Obviously the DOD doesn't listen to or pay any attention to the President of the United States any more, not Trump, not Obama, not Bush. Obviously, the DOD doesn't see illegal immigration crossing their base as a threat to their installation, just a mere occasional annoyance or inconvenience they happily tolerate and work around.

You posted once that you're retired Air Force, this is an Air Force Base, why don't you know the answer to your own questions?
    Last edited by Judy; 09-09-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From your article:

The Pentagon was scrambling to come up with a response to Trump's statement on the military guarding the border. But according to a memo obtained by Fox News and discussions with officials, one area where the Pentagon could contribute immediately is the Air Force’s Barry Goldwater live-fire range, which shares a 35-mile border with Mexico in southern Arizona.

The Defense Department is already offering some support to the border, including U.S. Navy ships patrolling waters to seize drugs as well as missions involving over 100 personnel from U.S. military’s northern command -- including eight planes and a drone -- to help border patrol.

The proper response from the Pentagon to the President's statement should have been scrambling about 20,000 troops and 400 aircraft and tanks and special forces and SEALS to the Southern Border within 5 days. Not a stupid response claiming they're already helping with 8 planes, 1 drone and 100 "personnel".

Like I said, the US Department of Defense has absolutely no interest in securing the borders of the United States against illegal immigration. Instead of scrambling an appropriate troop and assets response to stop the invasion, they will "scramble" "memos" explaining why they don't want to do that, can't do that, and defy the order. They've done this with 3 Presidents, Bush, Obama and now Trump and gotten away with it. Why do they get away with it? Because key members of Congress on the take with the cartels who want this border to remain open are on key committees that control their appropriations and authorizations and I'm sure pass the money around throughout key hands and pockets in DOD.
    When Mattis was appointed to DOD, I was very happy. All articles I had read had given him great reviews. Now, I am very disappointed in him on the protection of our Southern Border. Every interview, he slips, slides, makes excuses, you'll have to ask DHS, or comes right out and says troops will not be active in defending the border. I now believe if Trump is interested in securing the border he either needs to have a chat with Mattis, or he needs to replace Mattis with someone who is interested in securing the border.

We can't blame Congress for all of this. While they may control appropriations, they do not tell Mattis or Trump he can not order our Military to guard the border of the Barry Goldwater Air Force Range and the Gila Bend Air Force Auxiliary Field.

I agree with you on this. I didn't know anything one way or the other about "Mad Dog Mattis". Never heard of him before. But Trump was so excited about him, had so much confidence in him, I thought, okay. I'm always a little leery of military people who read all the time. But, so he's got some quirks, we'll see how it goes. Well, Mattis was wrong about Afghanistan, highly predictable, Trump was right and should have followed his own instincts. Trump was right about Syria and stuck to his guns, and Russia will settle that one. The rest I don't know. Not much going on anywhere to be tested really, so there's no reason on God's Green Earth that we can't use our military to secure this border.

But watch, it won't happen or it already would have. Trump ordered it and DOD has refused deferring to the state National Guards assigning them to fixing flats and cleaning out horse stalls more than 100 miles from the border. This is what's happened now 3 times under 3 Presidents.

I'll repeat, the US Department of Defense has absolutely no interest in securing the United States from illegal immigration, none, nada, zero, zip and what the DOD isn't interested in, it simply refuses to do. That is the sad state of affairs of the US government and it's not limited to DOD, the same is true with the DOJ.

Trump will figure it out and find a solution. He has to get through these mid-terms first to know what support and resources are available to correct these unacceptable situations.

These are the most important mid-term elections in the history of our country. All hands need to be on deck to win them or we all lose bigly.

SAVE OUR NATION. VOTE REPUBLICAN IN 2018!!!
    Last edited by Judy; 09-09-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Obviously the DOD doesn't listen to or pay any attention to the President of the United States any more, not Trump, not Obama, not Bush. Obviously, the DOD doesn't see illegal immigration crossing their base as a threat to their installation, just a mere occasional annoyance or inconvenience they happily tolerate and work around.

Trump is their boss, he is CIC, it is his duty to defend this nation from invaders. If it is truly his desire to defend this country, then they follow his orders, otherwise he is just using them as an excuse to do nothing, and pass the blame to others.

You posted once that you're retired Air Force, this is an Air Force Base, why don't you know the answer to your own questions?
    Is that directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Is that directed at me?
    No, at MW.

I agree with you on this. I didn't know anything one way or the other about "Mad Dog Mattis". Never heard of him before. But Trump was so excited about him, had so much confidence in him, I thought, okay. I'm always a little leery of military people who read all the time. But, so he's got some quirks, we'll see how it goes. Well, Mattis was wrong about Afghanistan, highly predictable, Trump was right and should have followed his own instincts. Trump was right about Syria and stuck to his guns, and Russia will settle that one. The rest I don't know. Not much going on anywhere to be tested really, so there's no reason on God's Green Earth that we can't use our military to secure this border.

But watch, it won't happen or it already would have. Trump ordered it and DOD has refused deferring to the state National Guards assigning them to fixing flats and cleaning out horse stalls more than 100 miles from the border. This is what's happened now 3 times under 3 Presidents.

I'll repeat, the US Department of Defense has absolutely no interest in securing the United States from illegal immigration, none, nada, zero, zip and what the DOD isn't interested in, it simply refuses to do. That is the sad state of affairs of the US government and it's not limited to DOD, the same is true with the DOJ.

Trump will figure it out and find a solution. He has to get through these mid-terms first to know what support and resources are available to correct these unacceptable situations.
    If Trump really ordered it and Mattis refused, Trump does know how to say "you're fired". I think this is more likely another one of Trump's exaggerations.

No more waiting to get through the mid-terms excuses---that line is wore smack dab out. This is an emergency.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast