Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona-Style Immigration Bills Threaten Colorado Ski Touris

Arizona-Style Immigration Bills Threaten Colorado Ski Tourism, Says Official

Published February 08, 2011

If new anti-immigrant laws are passed in Colorado, they would damage the state's ski industry that attracts ever-growing numbers of Mexican and Brazilian tourists.

Colorado Ski Country, U.S.A., Inc., representing 22 resorts, said in a recent report that Mexico and Brazil have become two of the leading countries from which skiers come to the state.

CSCUSA president Melanie Mills expressed concern at the potential impact of anti-immigrant bills currently being studied in the state legislature.

Mills was referring to SB11-054, sponsored by Sen. Kent Lambert (R-Colorado Springs), which would authorize local police to arrest anyone they have "probable cause" to think is undocumented.

"If you're in the business of putting out the welcome mat for foreign visitors, it doesn't help if you create an environment of suspicion," Mills said, while acknowledging that Lambert's bill is unlikely to become law.

Every year almost 12 million skiers come to Colorado, generating some $2.6 billion yearly for the state's economy, according to information provided to Efe by CSCUSA spokesperson Jennifer Rudolph.

SB11-054 and 10 other similar bills introduced into the Colorado legislature will make the situation worse and will harm the state's convention and tourism business, Mills contends.

The wording of the bills is so vague it is not clear what criteria the local police and highway patrol will use to determine if people are immigrants or not, and if they are, whether they have their papers in order, she said.

"We have to question how officers will make the determination that someone is illegal. Is it speaking a foreign language? Or wearing a different style of jacket?," Mills asked rhetorically.
    Christian Rubi, a Mexican resident of Denver, brings dozens of groups of Hispanic tourists each year to the principal skiing resorts in western Colorado. But his work could be impeded or severely restricted if the state legislature passes these new anti-immigrant laws.

"Three years ago I brought some of my relatives from Mexico, who had never been to the mountains before and who enjoyed a day of skiing. Last year they came back with more relatives and friends. And this year just that group numbered more than 30 people," Rubi told Efe.

"Tourists come to enjoy themselves, not to be afraid they'll be stopped on the highway. And if the bills now being debated are approved, I'm sure that both Mexican tourists and who many who live in Colorado will think twice before going to the mountains.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... z1DNJ5Rm6Z
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As a tourist, I stay out of places with large populations of illegals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"This is a joke!" Right? Well I guess before the IA's showed up we just sat here in the dark going "What do we do! The people in Aspen can't get they're rooms cleaned or anything to eat, Oh! My!"

I just realized that IA's are a Tax Shelter for the rich and beautiful people!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Tourists come to enjoy themselves, not to be afraid they'll be stopped on the highway. And if the bills now being debated are approved, I'm sure that both Mexican tourists and who many who live in Colorado will think twice before going to the mountains.
    Shouldn't be a problem, all tourists from abroad must have passports to get into the US. Simply showing their passports will clear up the matter, won't it?

If we don't enforce immigration laws, not many American tourists will be spending $$$$ at these resorts.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    As a tourist, I stay out of places with large populations of illegals.
    "Where might that be?"

Just more jibberish. If they are on vacation they would have the passports and visas to prove it and it would not effect their precious industry. They are more worried about illegal workers in those areas I would think.

This woman is just blowing smoke up peoples a___.

Other countries around the world have tourism and they also have laws on illegal aliens and enforce their laws more then we do.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Talk about alarmist propaganda! Is there any lengths the pro-illegal invader MSM will not go to stir up hysteria, against efforts to protect ourselves against this illegal invasion!

Last time I checked, a valid passport with a current visa is considered valid identification. And if “touristsâ€

"We have to question how officers will make the determination that someone is illegal. Is it speaking a foreign language? Or wearing a different style of jacket?," Mills asked rhetorically.
    Christian Rubi, a Mexican resident of Denver, brings dozens of groups of Hispanic tourists each year to the principal skiing resorts in western Colorado. But his work could be impeded or severely restricted if the state legislature passes these new anti-immigrant laws
    And as American citizens we have to question how you do business and HIRE illegals to do our jobs to put more money in your pockets. And as tourists and VISA holders ,it is known they are the highest percentages of people that come legally and then allow their visas to expire and overstay ILLEGALLY. That is BLATANTLY breaking our laws and civil disobedience (Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power)

You have to think of that as well Miss Mills!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "This is a joke!" Right? Well I guess before the IA's showed up we just sat here in the dark going "What do we do! The people in Aspen can't get they're rooms cleaned or anything to eat, Oh! My!"
    Yes, we just all sat around saying "Oh me, oh my! We are all going to die!"

Well, since the whole d...mn country is going to fall apart if we send all the illegals home, guess I'm just going to go make me a margarita now and watch Machete or It's a Wonderful Life? or something... whatever...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Mouth piece Mills and the CO. Ski Industry are just scared to death DHS will arrest them and they will lose all their Illegal workers at the ski slopes. They do not care about our laws they only care about Cheap,Ceap Labor at our expense .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast