Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: AZ Businesses that Cater To Illegals Begin To Tumble

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    So, are we supposed to feel sorry for them or what? They build their income based on illegal aliens and are sad they're going away. How screwed up is that?
    Excerpt:

"Supporters say their departure will save the state money because taxpayers won't have to cover the cost of education or social services for their children, including those of Sanchez and Ramirez, who were on the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, the state's health-care program for indigents. But the effect of illegal immigrants leaving Arizona is not that clear-cut.'

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... z0sE411Ykd

Note: notice how the article refers to "immigrants" and not "illegal immigrants" That way it can make those who oppose illegal immigration come across as being heartless against 'immigrants' Of course the sympathy-seeking article was written by a Hispanic, Daniel Gonzales, likely someone with Mexican roots and an ax to grind. Get ready for sob story fest prior to July 29th, 2010.
    THEY ALWAYS LEAVE THE WORD ILLEGAL OUT ON PURPOSE BUT I CALLS EM LIKE I SEE EM, ILLEGAL BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY ARE

I know some nice citizens that will be very happy for the landscaping work and I hear that jobs are opening up for them now that the illegals are leaving. Yayyyy!

Meanwhile I do not at all feel sorry for businesses that are suffering. They at least had the means to get into a business catering to illegals whereas many citizens never even had the opportunity to do that - they will have to regroup and try something else, just as so many of us have had to do throughout our working life. But no, they would prefer to whine. Did they get into the business by whining?

Mr. Rankin will not be able to rent his properties until citizens feel safe to live there. Oh well.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Rankin said he is having trouble renting the empty apartments because many families are waiting to see if the law survives legal challenges. If the law takes effect on July 29, he expects more families to move out.

Rankin said the law comes just as the housing market was starting to improve. He bought seven four-unit buildings in 2001. He lost one building to foreclosure in May and another at the beginning of June. He fears he will lose more buildings if he keeps losing renters and can't pay the mortgage.

"We are probably going to lose the whole thing," Rankin said.
    I see...so a slum lord who caters to illegal invaders might be in for a rough ride! Too bad...This is exactly what we need! The market will eliminate those business who's business success depended on illegal invaders to begin with! Change your business model or go under!
    I'm supposed to feel sorry for a person who made his money from illegals? I don't think so. What is really happening here is this guy is making money hand over fist by renting at probably whatever rates he feels he can charge and in the meantime the taxpayers of Arizona covering all other exprenses for these families.

Three cheers for Pennsylvania, hope they are ready for the influx. Word of mouth travels fast and who knows what is being passed along in Mexican newspapers in the "specialty" food stores.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    THREE FAMILIES SHARING A TWO BEDROOM APT. NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING THEY WOULD DO, AND ALSO HOW ARE THEY BEING ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT IN MOST PLACES, YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
    One family to each bedroom (both about 9'w by 12' deep) and the third family occupies the living room area (9'x18'). There is a small bathroom and kitchen they must share.

There are laws against it alright but those are ignored right along with every immigration law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard wrote:
    Quote:

Judith Gans, manager of the immigration-policy program at the University of Arizona, agreed that some American workers may benefit by illegal immigrants leaving the state. And she agreed that illegal immigrants tend to consume more services than what they pay for in taxes because they work in low-paying jobs. But low-skilled legal workers also consume more in services than they pay for in taxes, she said. If anything, she said, replacing illegal workers may increase government costs because legal workers are entitled to social services that illegal immigrants don't qualify for.

"If we fill all of those jobs with legal, low-skilled, native-born workers, the fiscal burdens don't change. It's inherent in the job itself, not in somebody's immigration status," she said. "It's sort of a myth that if these illegal immigrants weren't here these fiscal burdens would somehow magically change."
    Let's put this into perspective: Legal immigrants use more public services than illegals? I doubt it. The Arizona law will bring less slum lords, thus increase in property values over time. Wages will go up. Property taxes I bet would be less outrageous. Less crime...better car insurance rates. Less write offs at local hospitals for unpaid expenses. There are so many reasons why this is good for the economy, and public interest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123