Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ-DPS officer hurt, illegals in custody, traffic backed up

DPS officer hurt, illegals in custody, traffic backed up on I-10

October 01, 2009 10:30 AM
    By Doug Murphy

A DPS officer was slightly injured and 24 suspected illegal immigrants are in custody after an early-morning routine traffic stop that became anything but routine.

According to the Department of Public Safety, an officer attempted to pull over a pickup truck with expired plates heading west on Interstate 10 near the Broadway curve Thursday morning. A DPS motorcycle officer assisting in the stop parked in front of the pickup and when the driver attempted to drive away the motorcycle was struck, hitting the officer.

In the confusion an estimated 24 suspected illegal immigrants, including the driver of the pickup, fled along the freeway.

Traffic was backed up to Pecos Road as law enforcement officers and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) took the suspects into custody and the DPS officers was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.

http://www.ahwatukee.com/news/officer-7 ... ickup.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AZ-DPS

The report is not clear as to whether the driver was one of the 24 apprehended. Anyone have that info?

ELE
    I hope the officer is alright. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question Texan123. You were right about the report being unclear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)