Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Immigrants' activist sees mass exodus to Mexico

100 comments left so far at the source link.
    ~~~

Immigrants' activist sees mass exodus to Mexico
    December 19th, 2008 @ 5:03am
    by Jim Cross/KTAR

Tens of thousands of immigrants are making a Christmas pilgrimage to their homeland of Mexico and many will not come back, according to Valley immigrant rights activist Elias Bermudez.

Bermudez, of the group Immigrants without Borders, said the bad U.S. economy is forcing immigrants to make hard choices, and many will return to their native land for the first time in years, or perhaps ever.

"What they're telling me is, 'If I'm going to die of hunger here, I'd rather die of hunger there,'" Bermudez said. "They're going back not to enjoy their families, they're going back to cry with their families."

Arizona could easily see 200,000 immigrants leave permanently, on top of the 100,000 people who already have left the country, said Bermudez.

"In this kind of situation right now, those who are leaving, 80 to 90 percent of those are not coming back," he said. "You will get the 10 percent of those who are legal, who have legal permanent residency, who actually visit their families and come back."

He added, "The main reason people are leaving is because they don't have jobs. Or the employer sanctions situation in Arizona. It is not solving our economic problems, it really aggravates our economic problems."

Many immigrants risked their lives to reach the United States, and many will risk their lives by returning to Mexico, Bermudez said, noting the spreading violence in Mexico.

"Federal representatives, congressmen from Mexico City, are at every port of entry, receiving these people and making sure that they have safe passage into Mexico," he said. "It's really an amazing kind of situation."

http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1011977
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    loving the comments on this one... there are a lot of POed Americans
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"...It is not solving our economic problems, it really aggravates our economic problems."
    Says, Bermudez a person with no experience or education in economics.

"Federal representatives, congressmen from Mexico City, are at every port of entry, receiving these people and making sure that they have safe passage into Mexico," he said. "It's really an amazing kind of situation."
    But the Mexican Government has officially denied that they are returning. How can this be?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the times

The Mexican govt doesn't want illegals in the US to go back to Mexico-it would cost the Mex gov too much to have them back, so the Mex government doesn't want to scare more IAs into going home by saying, "Hey all illegals are coming back".

The IA sympathizers in the US want US citizens to think all IAs are going back, in order to downplay the IA problem.

YEA I JUST HOPE THEY WON'T LET THE DOOR KNOB HIT THEM WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT THEM. NOW THEY CAN START MARCHING ON THE STREETS OF THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND MAKE DEMANDS OF THEM.

What they're telling me is, 'If I'm going to die of hunger here, I'd rather die of hunger there,'" Bermudez said.

I'm sorry, I don't usually engage in religion bashing, but why doesn't the Catholic church feed them??

Let the illegal alliens go home and cry because thats where they belong. They get no pity from me. There are millions of Americans being terribly affected by this economy. Where are all the stories about them?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    "...It is not solving our economic problems, it really aggravates our economic problems."

[quote:yqal97uv]"Federal representatives, congressmen from Mexico City, are at every port of entry, receiving these people and making sure that they have safe passage into Mexico," he said. "It's really an amazing kind of situation."
    But the Mexican Government has officially denied that they are returning. How can this be?

Dixie[/quote:yqal97uv]

Yea...I picked up on that as well Dixie! I take this contradiction to mean the illegal invaders may be fleeing AZ, but they are not returning to mexico. Likely, they are simply relocating to a more illegal invader- tolerant state within this country!

Arizona could easily see 200,000 immigrants leave permanently, on top of the 100,000 people who already have left the country, said Bermudez.
    I'm assuming these are illegal invaders, as legal immigrants would not find the need to flee. Conveniently, that distinction is not made...again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

[quote:1gnqwce4]"Federal representatives, congressmen from Mexico City, are at every port of entry, receiving these people and making sure that they have safe passage into Mexico," he said. "It's really an amazing kind of situation."

Dixie
    Yea...I picked up on that as well Dixie! I take this contradiction to mean the illegal invaders may be fleeing AZ, but they are not returning to mexico. Likely, they are simply relocating to a more illegal invader- tolerant state within this country![/quote:1gnqwce4]

Yeah!! They're all packin' up to come here to Oberlin, Ohio! grrrrrr...that blasted liberal city council!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast