Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

AZ Senate panel passes birthright citizenship law

PHOENIX - An Arizona Senate committee approved a bill late Tuesday designed to set up a Supreme Court case on automatic citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.

The bill and a companion law setting up a birth certificate compact between states that agree to note that at least one of the child's parents were citizens passed on a 8-5 vote.

The Appropriations Committee was planning to debate a much more sweeping immigration bill that that targets illegal immigrants in housing, public benefits and the workplace late into the evening.

The bill was introduced by a Republican lawmaker and the vote on the citizenship bill broke along Democratic-Republican lines, with only one Republican opposing it. It now goes to the full Senate for debate
    http://ktar.com/category/local-news-art ... nship-law/

Banned
    The Appropriations Committee was planning to debate a much more sweeping immigration bill that that targets illegal immigrants in housing, public benefits and the workplace late into the evening.

Still debating as of 10;30 AZ time......... Sweet if both pass committee tonight

This one also allows us to impound their vehicles. Yeah Baby!

Senate panel passes birthright bills
    By Luige del Puerto
    Published: February 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm

After a rocky start, the birthright legislation finally received committee approval on Feb. 22, overcoming the initial hurdle before the full Senate can debate and vote on the measure that is stirring so much raw emotion and is solidifying Arizona’s reputation as ground zero in the struggle to confront illegal immigration.

By an 8-to-5 vote that hewed nearly along party lines, the Senate Appropriations Committee gave the green light to a two-bill proposal whose ultimate aim is to get the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit the issue of American citizenship, though critics question whether the judiciary would actually answer this exact issue and not dismiss the legislation on some other grounds.

The birthright legislation is but one of several measures emanating from Arizona that attempt to fill the void left by the federal government’s refusal to permanently solve the problem of illegal immigration. Legislators on both sides of the debate have been clamoring for a final fix to this complex problem.

What sets the legislation apart is its ambitious goal of redefining who is an American. And while backers argue that the birthright citizenship has become a magnet for illegal immigrants, critics say the bill goes after children and potentially creates a class of residents in perpetual limbo about their legal status.

As in a previous hearing, backers and critics offered their competing interpretations of the meaning of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which is widely understood to confer automatic citizenship on all children born in the United States, regardless of their parents’ legal status.

The debaters also argued over whom “subject to the jurisdictionâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Outstanding! Push it forward Arizona!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i'm so lucky to live here in arizona !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    i'm so lucky to live here in arizona !
    Yeah.. and things are heating up and it will get much hotter.

Hope our side don't get burned! We all need these victories sooo bad!

And for such a long long time.

It seems like Arizona is the only state with a backbone when it comes to this subject now, what in the H**L is wrong with the other 49 states this practice of just handing out citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens is just wrong plain and simple when ever I think about the illegal that was profiled on the CBS evening news who came to the U.S. for the sole purpose to have her child and, she had the nerve to say that she didn't understand why the citizens of this country feel the way they do about them coming here to give birth just so their children would have a better life, I could have spit on the wall because, she was out of my spitting range. she knows exactly why we feel the way we do. that better life she is speaking of is all of the public assistance that will be lavished on her anchor baby. that is why they all come here to give birth and it needs to stop

lady st Claire
    Im with you all then othe r state I don't think they have any Back
    bone. good luck gov jan all the other state wake the hell up all the American should March down to the wh just like the illegal Immigrant
    did in NYC . they march over the Brooklyn Bridge I don't for the life of me why all the American In NYC did not do any thing why Im up town
    good Luck Gov Jan Brewer
    just ship them all the hell home all Of the Illegal immigrant
    Not only the mex the rest of them why we have them all over the world . & we get S////
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Arizona is the leading State for the U.S., I am so very happy for citizens of Arizona. You got it going on Arizona!!! Keep up the good work, and God bless all.

Maybe I will relocate to AZ and employ with BP or Sheriff Joe???
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast