Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Requiring 48,000 cellphones to be turned in by June 1 will save the state about $20 million a year.

[quote:a7mg9uws]Welfare Tab for Children of Illegal Immigrants Estimated at $600M in L.A. County
    I would like to see all welfare cut to illegal aliens and anchor babies, BUT, that wouldn't save any state any money.
    Welfare money comes from the federal government to the state.
    If the state doesn't give it to anyone they have to return it to the feds.
    The more the feds give any state, the more they give away.
    So it is like stimulas money to cities, counties and states.
    If they don't give it out they must return it to the feds and they don't get the benefit of it being spent in their community.

Some benefits are a combination of federal and state funds but the states feel the same way about that money because for each state dollar they spend they get 2 or 3 federal dollars to go with it. Therefore it is in the city, county and states' interest to spend the money and keep the money flowing.[/quote:a7mg9uws]

And how is that spending working out for our state? I understand what you're saying in respect to the incentives ( it's still tax payer money in the end) for states to spend welfare money to receive their federal match.

But the fact remains that until this state (and country) decides to get serious about illegal immigration, all the cuts in the world are not going to save this state or others down the line. We are simply spending too much money on people who shouldn't even be here in the first place.

It's like trying to save a sinking ship with a bucket. In the end, it's not going to matter much and that's exactly the road we are headed down right now in this state. Today it's California, but I guarantee you there are other states on the verge of suffering a similiar fate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Until California stops giving away the farm to Illegal aliens,nothing will change

Like I said
    I would like to see all welfare cut to illegal aliens and anchor babies . . .
    but they won't let me make that decision and most politicians seem unwilling to make that decision.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

CA. Dems will back governor's budget-cutting goal

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1173847.html#1173847
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    I don't personally see what the big fuss is over allowing states to file bankruptsy. I may be misunderstanding something of course as I'm no economy major. I'm strongly against bailing out bad choices and states have made those just like the fed government.

They say if the states default it will ruin the states but I don't see how. It ruins their credit on borrowing but well... isn't that the problem? Shouldn't they only be allowed to spend what they have vs what they wish they had? Yes, bankruptsy destroys your credit and tears up that credit card.... but seems to work for people and business's alike being told not to spend what you don't have... I figure a state should work the same way. . .

. . . So... am I missing anything? Is there really some horrible point to allowing states to declare bankruptsy and the Fed courts just sit in to make sure they at least try and do what they can while NOT bailing the state out?
    Good point.
    NO AMNESTY

Like I said
    I would like to see all welfare cut to illegal aliens and anchor babies . . .
    but they won't let me make that decision and most politicians seem unwilling to make that decision.
    You're exactly right! So while they turn off cell phones, layoff teachers, close parks, cut staff, etc., none of it is going to make much difference unless they deal with the hundreds of millions of dollars we continue to hemorrhage as the result of illegal immigration. And as you said JD, no politician has the courage or wherewithal to address this issue, especially here in our state of CA. If anything, they are trying to find other areas to slash in order to avoid cutting off the illegal invaders.

One thing is for certain. The welfare spending resulting from illegal immigration is not going to decrease anytime soon, as they continue to invade this state, have babies and get in the welfare line.

So...as ReformUSA2012 said, the next stop might just be bankruptcy for this state. Maybe that will compel this state to deal with the issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So...as ReformUSA2012 said, the next stop might just be bankruptcy for this state. Maybe that will compel this state to deal with the issue.
    As long as the federal goverment keeps sending welfare money to all of the states the states will all keep handing it out. Even if CA. goes bankrupt, if the feds keep sending welfare money the state will keep giving it away. If they don't , they have to send it back to the feds.
    NO AMNESTY

No way is the Shyster going to cut 12 billion from the budget. As previously mentioned 4 billion is actually borrowed money. Most of the remaining 8 billion requires a two thirds vote. Even if he gets huge cuts through the legislature and he won't, the courts will over turn it. The state has contractual obligations that prohibit those type of cuts.

As long as the federal goverment keeps sending welfare money to all of the states the states will all keep handing it out. Even if CA. goes bankrupt, if the feds keeps sending welfare money the state will keep giving it away. If they don't , they hae to send it back to the feds.
    I agree...

The past Governor allowed thousands of illegal immigrants to walk freely into California on a daily basis and made them welcome, so who shall we blame for what is happening in California momentarily?
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast