Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Barack Obama woos Scott Brown on immigration

POLITICO

Barack Obama woos Scott Brown on immigration

By KASIE HUNT | 4/20/10 6:02 PM EDT
    Comments 25

President Obama called Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) from Air Force one to gauge Brown's support for reform bill. AP

President Barack Obama called Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) on Tuesday to gauge his support for a comprehensive immigration reform bill, a sign the White House is serious about pushing the issue in Congress this year.

Obama’s outreach to Brown is part of a quickly hatched, coordinated effort with congressional leaders to thrust the volatile immigration debate back to the front burner. At a joint House and Senate leadership meeting late Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid promised to House leaders that he would put an immigration bill on the floor this year. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, also in the Tuesday evening meeting, said the House would prioritize immigration reform, according to a Democratic leadership source with knowledge of the meeting.

The president called Brown from Air Force One, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said. But Brown didn’t signal any willingness to dive into immigration reform.

“Sen. Brown told the president that he would review any legislation if it came before the Senate, but he believes that the immediate focus should be on fixing the economy and creating jobs,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

could someone locally get his e-mail so we can jump on this.....we already know he can be swayed, its damage control time early

Please don't make us remind you Senator Brown that many of those folks voted for you, and ALIPAC endorsed and contributed to you, because you said clearly YOU OPPOSED ANY FORM OF AMNESTY for illegals.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The OBL advocates have scheduled a meeting with Sen. Brown. Brown should know that he represents US constituents, only----and not foreign citizens who also happen to be in this country "without documentation." These are only supposed to lobby through a registered lobbying agent.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

here is my letter I just sent to Senator Brown

Senator Brown,

It has recently come to the attention of many people, that the President of the United States has contacted you about immigration reform. It appears to us you are being courted to support reform.

Reform can mean anything, but, to the democrats it means amnesty. Poll after poll of legal Americans consistently show that we are against another amnesty fiasco.

We realize that the estimate of 12 to 15 million illegal immigrants in this country is just a guess, one that many believe is very understated. It is also widely believed, that once the senate sits down to begin discussion, a flood gate would be opened at our border with many swearing they have been here for 10 yeas plus.

The reality, we could end up granting legal rights to 40 or 50 million people. Our country cannot support this. I have heard how when legal, immigrants would be able to pay taxes. This is not a reality to any thinking American. We are smart enough to realize that it is uneducated, and unskilled workers who sneak across our border, they will get more back in tax credits than they ever pay into.

I have also heard the illegal population make threats to how the next elections may go. They can't vote, and even with a green card, they can't vote, unless they register illegally, hence, committing another crime.

we have cartel drug wars leaking across our border, we have violence to the point of murder making its way into America. It is time to control the border now, not tomorrow, but now.

There are brave patriots in Arizona who have decided to finally do the job the federal government can't, or won't do. Lets not let them down

The President while campaigning, promised there would be no immigration reform that did not include being sent home and starting a legal process, he promised no immigration reform that did nor include mandatory English proficiency, and he promised no immigration reform that did not include a fine.

Now, it appears this will be another promise broken, or an outright lie. What kind of fine would a minimum wage worker pay ?

Anything would be an insult to Americans, and those that did things the correct way. Hopefully, the GOP, and many democrats will realize, the spark of Obama is fading, and I would encourage people to NOT hitch their cart to this one term horse.

Please, remember the constitution, remember the laws, remember the integrity of our country. Please do not support any immigration reform.

Sincerly

People across this country took up helping and pushing for votes to get Sen Brown into office. They stood by him and supported him. It is now time for Sen Brown to stand by the citizens of this country. Good letter @sdbrit68
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Give him a ride on Air Force One and he will give it up.

What has happened to representation of the American people, citizens, the ones who vote? These power hungry, self absorbed politicians are too much.

Matthew 10:32
    It is written,... Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast