Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Believe the last paragraph????

Columns Harry the Great
    Apr 15, 2006
    by Robert Novak ( bio | archive )

Email to a friend Print this page Text size: A A WASHINGTON -- The talk of Washington during the first week of the congressional Easter recess was how Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid has seized control of the Senate despite a 10-seat advantage by the Republicans.

Just before the recess began, Reid blocked immigration reform legislation scheduled by Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist. Earlier, the minority leader had torpedoed asbestos litigation reform, also put on the Senate floor by Frist. No minority leader has so dominated the Senate since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1953-54.

Actually, Frist had turned over floor management on both immigration and asbestos litigation to the Judiciary Committee chairman, Sen. Arlen Specter. That makes Specter one for three against Reid, who lost out on the two U.S. Supreme Court confirmations.

IMMIGRATION POLITICS

New national polling data shows, to the surprise of many politicians, that the immigration issue is one of the very rare areas where President Bush is gaining rather than losing strength.

The conventional wisdom has been that Bush's guest worker proposal runs sharply against mainstream Republican opinion and contributes to the president's loss of party support. However, current polls show Republican opinion on the issue is split, as are the Democrats, with a national majority actually backing Bush (while he continues to drop in nearly every other category).

Some Republican members of Congress have reported back from Easter recess to say that their constituents are less outraged by leaky borders than the possible loss of immigrant workers, some from their own households.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns ... 93779.html
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

the last paragraph

No, I don't believe the last paragraph.

Robert Novak is a neo Con who is eating like a small bird eating grain out of a horse. Most of his articles on immigration have had the same bias.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's laughable.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I don't believe that at all.

MJ

I hope Richard is right; because I can't believe the statement either.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

This little blurb was in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review on Sunday, I did not post it because Robert Novak is a big fat lier.

Here's a link to another thread addressing this claim that the majority of Americans is behind the guest worker progam, which is nothing short of lies by the propaganda machine.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-110586-.html#110586
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Believe the last paragraph????

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks

Some Republican members of Congress have reported back from Easter recess to say that their constituents are less outraged by leaky borders than the possible loss of immigrant workers, some from their own households.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns ... 93779.html
    WHAT?!! I can't believe this. Which constituents is his talking about?!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I did not know Novac was a comedian???

Bush is gaining over the immigration issues lmao.

"New national polling data shows, to the surprise of many politicians, that the immigration issue is one of the very rare areas where President Bush is gaining rather than losing strength. "

Do these people take themselves seriously? What a joke. What a grim joke.

No lie is too great I suppose.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast