Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A measure filed by State Rep. Lois Kolkhorst (R-Brenham) would allow any law enforcement agency that has custody of an illegal immigrant to take the illegal to 'the office of a U.S. Senator or Representative' and leave them there.
    Excellent...they may want to add an after hours provision which gives law enforcement the authority to dump the invader on the Senator's front door step if the apprehension takes place after business hours, whereby the U.S. Senator would be required to provide food, clothing and shelter to the illegal invader.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I couldn't find this story at any of the major news outlets. Seems like it's only appearing in various anti-illegal websites and blogs.
    FOX NEWS

Texas Rep. Wants to Turn Illegal Immigrants Over to Members of Congress

Published February 23, 2011
    FoxNews.com

A Texas lawmaker wants to bring the illegal immigration problem directly to Congress. Literally.

A new proposal from Texas state Rep. Lois Kolkhorst would allow law enforcement officials to drop off illegal immigrants at the offices of any U.S. senator or representative.

The proposed bill only applies to illegal immigrants about to be released on bail or discharged after completing a sentence and does not detail what the U.S. senator or representative is supposed to do with them.

The bill merely authorizes law enforcement officers to release illegal immigrants to a congressional office, and to have an employee of that office sign a document acknowledging the transfer.

According to 1200 WOAI in San Antonio, Kolkhorst described the proposal as a "cry for help" to Congress over border security. She said she intends to push for approval in the legislature.

The bill is one of several anti-illegal immigration bills introduced in Austin, prompting thousands to march on the capital in protest of the measures Tuesday.

Another bill would allow local law enforcement to arrest, without a warrant, people they believe to be in the country illegally and turn them over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02 ... -congress/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    A measure filed by State Rep. Lois Kolkhorst (R-Brenham) would allow any law enforcement agency that has custody of an illegal immigrant to take the illegal to 'the office of a U.S. Senator or Representative' and leave them there.
    Excellent...they may want to add an after hours provision which gives law enforcement the authority to dump the invader on the Senator's front door step if the apprehension takes place after business hours, whereby the U.S. Senator would be required to provide food, clothing and shelter to the illegal invader.
    Love it!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I couldn't find this story at any of the major news outlets. Seems like it's only appearing in various anti-illegal websites and blogs.
    You can't depend on the media.

I located the bill via Texas Legislature Online

HB 1455 Author: Kolkhorst | et al.
    Last Action: 02/17/2011 H Filed
    Caption Version: Introduced
    Caption: Relating to the release or discharge by a law enforcement agency of certain illegal immigrants at the office of a United States senator or United States representative.

Link to the text:
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ill=HB1455

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You can't depend on the media.

I located the bill via Texas Legislature Online
    I just read the bill.......imagine Fox telling a lie.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

82R5044 MAW-D

By: Kolkhorst H.B. No. 1455

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
    AN ACT
    relating to the release or discharge by a law enforcement agency of
    certain illegal immigrants at the office of a United States senator
    or United States representative.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
    SECTION 1. Chapter 16, Code of Criminal Procedure, is
    amended by adding Article 16.23 to read as follows:
    Art. 16.23. RELEASE OR DISCHARGE OF CERTAIN ILLEGAL
    IMMIGRANTS. (a) In this article, "illegal immigrant" means a
    person who:
    (1) is not a citizen or national of the United States;
    and
    (2) is unlawfully present in the United States
    according to the terms of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of
    1986 (8 U.S.C. Section 1101 et seq.).
    (b) This article applies only to an illegal immigrant who:
    (1) is entitled to be released on bail or discharged
    following the completion of the immigrant's sentence; and
    (2) is not subject to an immigration detainer issued
    by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement prohibiting
    the person's release or discharge.
    (c) A law enforcement agency that has custody of an illegal
    immigrant to whom this article applies may:
    (1) release or discharge the illegal immigrant at the
    office of a United States senator or United States representative
    during that office's normal business hours; and
    (2) request an agent or employee of the United States
    senator or United States representative to sign a document
    acknowledging the release or discharge of the illegal immigrant at
    the senator's or representative's office.
    (d) Subsection (c) does not apply to an illegal immigrant
    for whom release or discharge at a location described by Subsection
    (c) is prohibited by a court order or other law.
    (e) A law enforcement agency may maintain a record of each
    illegal immigrant released or discharged from the custody of the
    agency who is not transferred to the custody of United States
    Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
    SECTION 2. This Act takes effect immediately if it receives
    a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as
    provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution. If this
    Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this
    Act takes effect September 1, 2011.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 01455I.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Interesting bit. Reading in it states a US Congressman.... not a state congressman. This would mean dropping them off in Wash DC office and could basically allow them to pick and choose who.

I'm a bit shaky if it would be legal a state agency sending said illegal to another state to be released but I'd support it as long as was DC!

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Interesting bit. Reading in it states a US Congressman.... not a state congressman. This would mean dropping them off in Wash DC office and could basically allow them to pick and choose who.

I'm a bit shaky if it would be legal a state agency sending said illegal to another state to be released but I'd support it as long as was DC!
    I love this bill. No, it doesn't just apply to Congressional offices in DC, it applies to all those Congressional Offices strewn throughout the state of Texas. All I'd change in the bill is make it any federal office in the state. Federal courthouses, federal IRS offices, federal FBI offices, US attorneys offices, ICE offices, DEA offices, ATF offices, etc., etc., etc.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'd still just support DC!. Drop em off at federal buildings and those workers really can't do crap, they have no power on their own but to do as they are told by the higher ups.

I'd say best drop em in DC though and not state side officers. Pack em into DC until people are so sick of them and the congressmen can't get into work without comming across 30 of em.

Of course need one more residence added to the list.... the WH. Drop a fair number on the WH lawn.... maybe even a few with cans of spray paint. See how Obama covers up his innocent illegals when the WH is covered with spray painted Mexican flags and what not.... bet the American people would rise up quickly too after seeing it!

Commentary: Giving the gift of illegal immigrants to Congress
    February 25, 2011
    Bud Kennedy
    The Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Just in time for Texas Independence Day, state Rep. Lois Kolkhorst, R-Brenham, has a gift in mind for Washington lawmakers.

If Kolkhorst's bill passes, every member of Congress from Texas will get a special delivery from law officers:

A vanload of illegal immigrants arrested on other charges, unloaded daily at the lawmakers' local office doors.

Kolkhorst's House Bill 1455 would allow sheriffs and police to release illegal immigrants at any office of a U.S. representative or senator.

It's not meant as an enforcement bill. (The immigrants can walk away.)

But it dramatizes Congress' failure to enact immigration reform.

Kolkhorst, a six-term lawmaker and chair of the House Public Health Committee, said she didn't want to file an overreaching bill "that would spur a bunch of lawsuits."

"I want to address the point legally," she said.

"I want us to take these illegal immigrants in custody to a congressman's office and say, ' We don't know what to do with these people. Do you?'"

At the south end of her Central Texas district, Austin County Sheriff DeWayne Burger said he appreciates any help.

"But this is one of those feel-good laws," he said by phone from Bellville.

"What am I supposed to do? Say we pick up a drunk on Saturday night. We check his fingerprints, but the federal government won't come get him just for being drunk. He gets to walk out of my jail Sunday morning. Am I supposed to have a deputy take him to Senator Cornyn's office?"

www.kansascity.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast