Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You know--it is just alarming when you think that just having ONE PERSON in power at any particular time can do so much damage. I know that sounds like an oversimplification but that's the way it seems with both the Bush in the White House and the Bush who is Governor of Florida.

I will NEVER forgive Jeb Bush for his extreme reaction to the Terri Schiavo case. For ANY elected official to have so much power that they can wreak havoc on our whole legal system is just a scary scenario. I feel for the people of Florida because just the financial cost of what he did was exorbitant and I just don't feel the PEOPLE in the state of Florida should be forced to absorb the costs incurred.

Having a Governor who has a direct line to the White House also seems to put every other Governor in the country at a serious disadvantage.

I think we have a consensus on ALIPAC that the name BUSH should never appear again in the public forum!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

We could talk to William and ask him to include the term "Bush" as offensive and unacceptable language, and use of it could lead to not being permitted to post.

But what will the people call him when they need to refer to that person in the White House ? How about that ? "That person in the White House" ?

I could go for this. They could always say, "Private" . Another name which doesn't require the use of that term.

I shouldn't be acting this silly. If I didn't have electricity like so many others who don't have it, I would never be this jovial and light hearted.
    I need to stay a little more quiet and subdued than this. I just couldn't help myself. Sometimes you guys get me to want to lighten up and find some humor in all of this. Heaven knows we have days where we could be brought to tears over what's happening to our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, what would we call "Bush Bashing" if we couldn't use the word??? Naw--we MUST have that word out there because we MUST use it to convince people that we don't want to be FORCED to use it ever again when we speak of anyone in the administration who supports the fool. Can't you just picture all of these politicians that will be running in 2006 telling the President that they don't WANT him to campaign for them??!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Legal asked what can we call Bush when referring to him if we banned the name?

How about THE WACKIDENT?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, or COURSE. What could I possibly be thinking??!!

I was too busy sending messages to every Senator on the list on the C-SPan thread AND to Chambliss and Cornyn who gave such DISGUSTING speeches yesterday about the H1-B visas.

The vote is TODAY. I am going to call Dole and Burr for the third time today but, this time, I'm going to ask how they are going to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    You know--it is just alarming when you think that just having ONE PERSON in power at any particular time can do so much damage...

I will NEVER forgive Jeb Bush...For ANY elected official to have so much power that they can wreak havoc on our whole legal system is just a scary scenario. I feel for the people of Florida because just the financial cost of what he did was exorbitant and I just don't feel the PEOPLE in the state of Florida should be forced to absorb the costs incurred.

Having a Governor who has a direct line to the White House also seems to put every other Governor in the country at a serious disadvantage...
    And people say that it is crazy and just a conspiracy theory to think that there was voting fraud. I love coincidences, especially when your entire election hangs from a thread and it all rides on your brothers’ state.

In my short life, I haven't ever seen such coincidence before. But maybe, just maybe there is a first time for everything. The next time I see something like it in the future will probably be involving a political action again.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

You know, rakishoner--I hadn't even THOUGHT about that Florida recount in a long time but, the more we find out about this President AND the Florida Governor AND that Katherine Harris, the more I believe that there was something "rotten in Denmark" or FLORIDA. I didn't vote for Gore but, I swear, I think he would have been an improvement over what we did end up with. IN RETROSPECT!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234