Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Border Patrol agent indicted for harboring illegal alien

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 22-ON.html

Border Patrol agent indicted for harboring woman

Associated Press
    Jun. 22, 2005 02:28 PM

TUCSON - A Border Patrol agent has been indicted and arrested on charges that he harbored an illegal alien - the woman he lived with for about four years - and filed false reports stating that she was a legal citizen.

Pablo S. Berry, 23, of Douglas, was named in a six-count indictment by a federal grand jury in Tucson and was arrested Tuesday without incident in Naco, a day before an initial appearance in front of a U.S. magistrate here.

Berry is charged with one count of harboring an illegal alien and aiding and abetting; three counts of making false statements and two counts of making a false document. He had been assigned at Naco since becoming a Border Patrol agent in July 2003, a spokesman said.

The indictment alleges that Berry harbored Claudia Veronica Vasquez Banda from 2001 until February of this year.

It accuses him of having made false statements on a national security questionnaire job application with the patrol in June 2002, when he omitted information about the woman, and of failing to give information about relatives and associates and their citizenship.

Berry also is charged with making a "false, fictitious and fraudulent statement and representation" in October 2002 in a letter he wrote to an Immigration and Naturalization Service official saying that Claudia Vasquez was a United States citizen.

Conviction could bring up to five years in prison for each count, a $250,000 fine or both.

Vasquez Banda has not been charged but is being held as a material witness.

Berry has been placed indefinitely on unpaid suspension, according to a Border Patrol spokesman.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I hope they hit him with the full bug. This fool proves, at least to me, that the Border Patrol is just as guilty as the coyotes for some of our problems. I hope Sixx's Big House for Lawless Lawmen and Rib Shack is on the judges list of incarceration choices.

William, I guess you better make room for another miscreant in the arts and crafts program.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 22-ON.html

Border Patrol agent pleads guilty to harboring immigrant

Associated Press
    Sept. 22, 2005 07:10 AM

TUCSON - A U.S. Border Patrol agent has pleaded guilty to harboring an undocumented immigrant for four years.

Pablo Sergio Berry, an agent in the Naco Border Patrol station, also pleaded guilty Monday to making false statements.

That charge surfaced after he signed a letter to internal investigators that he believed the woman he was harboring was a U.S. citizen when he knew she was not, according to prosecutors.

Berry, 23, is on an unpaid, indefinite suspension from the patrol, officials with the Tucson Sector said.

Authorities said Berry, who started working for the patrol in July 2003, admitted to harboring the woman from 2001 until Feb. 17, 2005, and admitted to lying to an investigator to get a job with the Border Patrol.

He faces a maximum 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine and will be sentenced in December.

Berry is the third agent in the Tucson Sector to be charged with illegal immigration felonies this year.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She was probably his sex, and cleaning slave.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME