Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Patrol set to deploy mobile radar, video unit

January 16, 2009, 12:25 p.m.
    RYN GARGULINSKI
    Tucson Citizen
    United States Customs and Border Protection has added a high-tech tool to its arsenal combatting smugglers, bandits and others looking to illegally hop the border.

The Mobile Surveillance System made its public debut Friday at a press conference at Tucson Sector Headquarters, 2430 S. Swan Road. It uses radar and cameras to scan the terrain for illegal activity.

"Before, it was like looking through a straw," Chief Patrol Agent Robert Gilbert said of sweeping a swath of the desert through telescopes or binoculars. "An agent would have limited distance.

"Now the radar can do a 180-degree sweep of an area every 10 seconds."

The front of the unit resembles a pickup, while the back is equipped with an adjustable 18-foot mast containing a radar detection device and a day and night vision camera.

Border Patrol can position it anywhere it's needed to sweep terrain. The radar can pinpoint movement in a seven-mile range, while agents in the unit home in to see what it is.

Once the activity is identified, patrol units can be sent out to deal with it, Gilbert said.

All radar activity can be viewed on a screen that can keep track of one individual or several groups at one time, he said.

Check back later for more details.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/107855.php

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    There will be neon signs on the vehicle welcoming illegal aliens and also displaying directions to the nearest welfare office, hospital for pregnant illegal aliens, school and other facilities. Bienvenido!!!!!!!!
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    There will be neon signs on the vehicle welcoming illegal aliens and also displaying directions to the nearest welfare office, hospital for pregnant illegal aliens, school and other facilities. Bienvenido!!!!!!!!
    Do you ever have anything good to say about anything. I have seen many of your post and they are always negative.
    You must be a very negative angry person.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's great to see them use all of the new modern technology that they can get their hands on. Every little bit helps.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Can you blame him? Even now George Bush is using every last second of his presidency and every last ounce of his effort to screw over American citizens. Thousands of American citizens are now dead because of George Bush's treason. We needed troops on the Mexican border years ago, everyone is now beginning to see that. But because Bush is only capable of being either mentally retarded or run-amuck evil incaluable harm has been caused to this country. These are dark, despairing times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Can you blame him? Even now George Bush is using every last second of his presidency and every last ounce of his effort to screw over American citizens. Thousands of American citizens are now dead because of George Bush's treason. We needed troops on the Mexican border years ago, everyone is now beginning to see that. But because Bush is only capable of being either mentally retarded or run-amuck evil incaluable harm has been caused to this country. These are dark, despairing times we live in.
    I can't really blame the guy either. He's retired military, so he served this nation well...and now he's watching it go to H_ _ _ in a handbasket.

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Thanks for your understanding and support patrioticme and millere. Yes I am angry as I served for 24 years and am also a disabled front line combat veteran who developed physical disabilities right after the cessation of hostilities and has to pay for my care. I am tired of this government selling out everything for which I and millions of fellow veterans have sacrificed much. I am tired of this government placing the interests of those who violated our laws, borders, sovereignty and use stolen identities to illegally obtain jobs and benefits ahead of the interests of Americans who have worked and sacrificed much only to see it taken and given to illegal aliens if not stolen by them. I am angry, disgusted and disillusioned with a government that allows a recently returned Iraq War vet to face financial devastation and the loss of his home because of traumatic brain injury forcing his wife to leave her job to support he and his family while paying for the treatment of an illegal alien with a brain injury in a Chicago hospital. I am angry with a government that allows other veterans to suffer and forced to sell their possessions to put food on the table because they are unable to obtain the needed care, treatment and disability as another Iraq War veteran injured by a Bradley rollover and forced to live out of his car because he couldn't receive the disability payments he needed until CNN interceded on his behalf; now allowing him to live in a apartment. I am disgusted with a government that allows and ignores the above but can pass a bill providing health care for 20 million illegal aliens in this country and the 5,000 to 10,000 that illegally cross our border every week without even as much as requiring proof of identity or citizenship verification while requiring Americans and veterans to wage a never ending battle against the entrenched bureaucracy.
    I am disgusted with a government that has forgotten their oaths of office and abandoned the Constitution which embodies everything that thousands who selflessly heeded this nation's call to arms have fought, sacrificed and died for. I am angry with a government that has strayed from the principles envisioned by our founding fathers of a government of, by and for the American people but has become one of, by and for Corporate America, The Chamber Of Commerce, The Mexican government and the 77,000 other interests that permeate K street for cheap labor, votes, and to hell with the American people who have been left to tumble in midstream.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Veterans have every right to be pissed and negative, and nobody has any right especially ALIPAC Members to make comments about it. Retiredairforce , you vent all you want
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Let's keep it cool folks, we're all on the same side.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American Legion Releases New Report to Battle Illegal Immigration

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... 6564.shtml
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast