Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    They just said he had one seizure at home this morning, and another one in transit to the hospital.
    This could possibly be some kind of spin, who knows what's really going on.

MD, as an EMT you most likely have some knowledge on the subject, but I believe that seizures can precede a stroke...particularly thrombotic stroke which, because of the blocked carotid in his neck, Kennedy would be at higher risk of.

Any input?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

seizure/stroke, potato/potato.

On the bright side, he won't be in Capitol Hill for the ag jobs amnesty vote.

(OK, I know that was mean and I will burn in hell with all the Democrats.... )
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Family spokesperson said its a seizure and the family expects a full recovery according to cnn.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hear Dr. Jack Daniels and Dr. Johnny Walker are on their way to medicate Sen. Kennedy with old time No. 7 and Blue label medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    They just said he had one seizure at home this morning, and another one in transit to the hospital.
    This could possibly be some kind of spin, who knows what's really going on.

MD, as an EMT you most likely have some knowledge on the subject, but I believe that seizures can precede a stroke...particularly thrombotic stroke which, because of the blocked carotid in his neck, Kennedy would be at higher risk of.

Any input?
    I am certainly no expert on this but I have never heard of a seizure preceding a stroke but this does not mean it cannot happen although I would expect it more in a person who is prone to seizures.
    A stroke is the same thing as a heart attack except of course it happens in the brain, where the blood flow is shut off due to a clot resulting in tissue death. I suppose a partial blockage could be mistaken as a seizure at first.
    My post was meant to say that I don't believe they will come out right away and tell the world if Kennedy is in bad shape until they know all the results of his testing. I must say though I have seen many people having seizures and never confused them with a stroke patient or vise a virsa.
    There are simple field tests that can help pinpoint the problem however only a Doctor can diagnose while field personel can only treat symtoms even though they may know exactly what is going on.

Fox News is now saying that he suffered a seizure, not a stroke.
    Lay off the scotch, Teddy!

Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf now?

I'm sure he's getting the best of care, they won't let illegal aliens near him. They should.
    "

"If you can not say anything nice don't say anything at all" OK

Please LORD don't let him be present for the vote next week!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Well, this could bring about some much needed change in the US Senate. I'm not going to wish the Senator ill will. I just hope he resigns/retires.
    You are obviously a gracious and gentle person. Good for you. I was self-embarassed by my initial gut reaction.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

si se pueda.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    I hear Dr. Jack Daniels and Dr. Johnny Walker are on their way to medicate Sen. Kennedy with old time No. 7 and Blue label medicine.
    he must be scared to death to meet the maker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast