Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Terry McAuliffe Says DACA and 700,000 Dreamers Here to Stay

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Terry McAuliffe: John Kelly, DHS secretary, assured me on deportations, ICE stops - Washington Times

David Sherfinski

February 27, 2017

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Monday that he was personally assured by Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly that only illegal immigrants involved in a “criminal enterprise” will be deported from the U.S. under the Trump administration’s policies.

Mr. McAuliffe said Mr. Kelly “emphatically” assured him in a conversation on Sunday that only illegal immigrants who have been involved in a “criminal enterprise” would be deported.

“Secondly, he assured me that there will be no random [U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement] stops on the streets of the United States of America,” Mr. McAuliffe told reporters at a National Governors Association press conference.

“I was heartened to hear it,” said Mr. McAuliffe, a Democrat who chairs the NGA. “I want to know if that indeed is not the case that’s going on, but I do appreciate Secretary Kelly.”

“I said, ‘Can I leave this meeting … and say that there will be no deportations of any individuals in the United States of America unless they have been involved in a criminal enterprise?’ He said yes,” Mr. McAuliffe said.

“Can I walk out of this room and tell the press that we will not have any random stops by ICE agents? He said, ‘Yes, you can go say that,’” he said.

A Homeland Security Department spokeswoman said that as a matter of policy, the agency does not comment on the secretary’s private, closed press conversations with elected officials.

But Mr. McAuliffe said he relayed the conversation to President Trump at dinner on Sunday and said people are confused and frightened about the administration’s immigration policy and that the president needed to clarify it.

“I think many of the 11 million individuals in this country today — there is a sincere fear that they may be deported. I have been told it’s not the case,” he said.

Mr. McAuliffe also said the Trump administration’s policies on deportation — putting an emphasis on more serious criminals, while leaving alone for now young illegal immigrant Dreamers — mirror those of the Obama administration.

“It’s the very same standard: You will be deported if you came here illegally and have been involved in a criminal enterprise,” he said.

“People just today don’t feel that second part, and I was assured — and I’m going to keep my eyes open,” he said. “I will take them at their word, but this is something we have to pay a lot of attention to.”

Though illegal immigrants with criminal rap sheets were indeed prioritized under Mr. Obama’s deportation policies and continue to be an emphasis under Mr. Trump, Mr. Obama also took steps to shield some 80 percent of illegal immigrants from the threat of deportation.

Analysts say that universe of people subject to deportation has now expanded under Mr. Trump.

For example, Mr. Trump’s policies expand the “border” area both north and south and give agents more discretion to arrest and deport illegal immigrants in the interior part of the country who might have fallen into a protected class during the Obama administration.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ary-assured-m/
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    “I said, ‘Can I leave this meeting general — secretary — and say that there will be no deportations of any individuals in the United States of America unless they have been involved in a criminal enterprise?’ He said yes,” McAuliffe said. “Can I walk out and tell the press that we will not have any random stops by ICE agents? He said, ‘Yes, you can go say that.’”
    McAuliffe also said he received further assurances that the deferred action program benefiting undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children, which was implemented by President Barack Obama, would remain in effect, as the White House has previously indicated.
    The new boss is starting to sound a lot like the old boss.

http://www.totallyfuzzy.net/ourtube/...5088760b0.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's still very early in his administration, but if what Kelly is saying pans out, Trump will be just another sell out politician who used illegal immigration to get elected -- and we will NOT forget this in 4 years when he comes begging to us to vote for him again.

The law is the law -- follow it Trump.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott-in-FL View Post
    Looks like it might be only criminal illegal aliens will deported. All others will get to stay, unfortunately. Democrats, CoC and RINOs will be happy. I hope I'm wrong about this. Otherwise, I'm still waiting for all the deportations Trump promised.
    I hope you're wrong too, but it does sound like our new President is starting to sound a lot like the old one on who he plans on deporting.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, no American should support "amnesty" for any illegal alien, no matter the reason, sob story, success or failure, or anything else. They all gotta go! Period.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO WAY. He'll be a one term President and despised by Republicans.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DREAMERs get to stay.

Anchor babies all get to stay.

Will all of their parents will get to stay too?
    Of course anchor babies stay and they are still being born, these illegal females got 20 more years left to have 10 more - it is all free for them. And the children will have rights to permanent resident their parents - see the picture? Trump is not getting us out of that corner.

He will use his presidency to make more money period. Did he LIE - YES HE DID - YOU HAVE BEEN SNOOKERED! He might secure the border now, tighten things up a bit but all but the criminal we are aware of, will stay. Writing is on the wall. Any move to mandate E-verify for self deportation and take your anchors with you - NO!

Trump has made no move to clarify birthright citizenship either - his move should be to state at least 1 citizen parent RETROACTIVE not just sneak in & plop out children for free on our soil. We pay for years and years for each every one. That is a takeover agenda and trump is not doing a GD thing @ it - he has more important things to do like make money for toxic industries.
    Last edited by artist; 04-12-2017 at 08:17 PM.

What do you think he should do, artist? He could instruct Department of State to stop issuing them passports and Social Security to stop issuing them Social Security Numbers. I know he has the authority to instruct Department of State on the passports, but not sure about Social Security Administration. He could cancel the contract with the Post Offices to process them and force them to go to the local Consulate where their parents could be arrested when they show up for the appointments. He could also tell ICE to go to the Post Offices and arrest them with their parents there.

I'm sure there would be lawsuits filed immediately and temporary injunctions issued by the Democrat Courts.

The best thing would be to pass a law in Congress that ends it, but there are enough traitors in the Senate to block it, including Republicans. Senator Vitter from Louisiana had a bill in the Senate for years and I think Steve King or someone in the House also has a bill, but nothing ever happens on them. Maybe this year at least the House will pass one and at least get it to the Senate. The margin is so small in the Senate, it only takes 2 or 3 to kill it in the Senate. McCain, Graham and Rubio are at least the 3 Republicans who would block it and there may be more. Most Democrats will unite against it, but there might be a few to vote with US to end this travesty, won't know until we try.

I just looked it up and Steve King has re-introduced his bill to end anchor baby citizenship, here is the link:

Rep. Steve King Reintroduces Bill to End Birthright Citizenship

Published:
    Fri, Jan 6th 2017 @ 10:20 am EST

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) re-introduced the Birthright Citizenship Act, H.R. 140, this week that would end the practice of giving automatic citizenship to children born to two illegal-alien parents on U.S. soil. The bill was introduced with 11 cosponsors.

Rep. King issued the following statement after introducing H.R. 140:

A Century ago, it didn’t matter very much that a simple practice began that has now grown into a massive issue of birthright citizenship or the anchor baby agenda,” said King. “When automatic citizenship started being granted to all babies born in the United States, our lawmakers missed the clause in the 14th Amendment that says, ‘And subject to the jurisdiction thereof.’ So once the practice began, it grew out of proportion and today between 340,000 and 750,000 babies are born in America each year that get automatic citizenship even though both parents are illegal. I know of no other country in the world that does this, and it must end. My Birthright Citizenship Act of 2017 fixes it, clarifies the 14th Amendment and clarifies the Constitutional meaning of the clause, ‘And subject to the jurisdiction thereof.’ President-elect Trump repeatedly called for this bill, and it should be a top priority in Congress.

Under the proposed legislation, automatic citizenship would only be granted to children born in the U.S. who have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident or an immigrant performing active service in the armed forces.

The bill is cosponsored by Reps. Brian Babin (R-Texas), Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Walter Jones (R-N.C.), Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), Lamar Smith (R-Texas), and Rob Woodall (R-Ga.).

Also this week, Rep. King reintroduced three other immigration bills: Sarah's Law to increase penalties for repeat border crossers, the New IDEA Act to prohibit employers from deducting wages from their taxes if they hire illegal workers, and the Religious Worker Reciprocity Act to reform visas for foreign religious workers.

The Birthright Citizenship Act is one of NumbersUSA's 5 Great Immigration Reduction Bills.

Updated: Fri, Jan 20th 2017 @ 10:25am EST
    https://www.numbersusa.com/news/rep-...ht-citizenship

It has lots of sponsors, maybe more by now. They should zoom this through the House where it will pass and put this in McConnell's lap to pass it. There might be a few Democrats from blue-dog states that will vote with the Republicans in the Senate.

Removing anchor babies who are minors with the deportation of their illegal parents is the only way Trump can for sure end the problem that I can see given the political situation.

When the time is right, we should make passing HR 140 a top priority here at ALIPAC.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-12-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast