Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Budweiser supports Mexican National Team and NOT the US team

Budweiser billboards all over Phoenix, AZ show the Mexican National team. Not one Budweiser billboard is in English or shows the US National team, though the US is not only in the World Cup, they tied England!! Budweiser advertises itself as "America's Lager". I have a photo of the billboard but can't figure out how to add it.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Please Boycott Bud Light!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bud Light has started to put up billboards in San Diego (and I am sure in other cities) proclaiming it the official beer of the Mexican National Team. I have no problem with them supporting a foreign team, I have no problem with them advertising it in that country. However, I feel it is totally class-less to support another country's team when you advertise one of your beers as the "Great American Lager".

Not that I ever drink Budweiser, but I think all US Soccer fans should join in a boycott of all Budweiser beers unless they agree to take down the billboards. I will work over the weekend to try and find a PR contact for A-B and see if we can't start to email someone at the company to let them know that this is not right.

I would love to know how the rest of the US Soccer fan base feels about this. Hope we play on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing folks in Amsterdam! Cheers, Tom

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339552
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Budweiser uses anti-white Spanish language billboards.
    CofCC.org News Team

go to the link to see the Billbord

Update: Budweiser is telling angry callers and that all billboards containing the anti-white slogan have been taken down. However, we currently have no way of confirming if this is true.

Budweiser is courting Hispanic/Mexican consumers by mocking white people in a new Spanish language billboard.

The billboard you see was photographed in Denver at Colfax Avenue and Monroe Street. The word Guera is a derogatory term for a white woman used in Mexico. Simply put, it is the equivalent of saying “white bitchâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm assuming this is the billboard in question. My spanish is not that great, but I definetly see the offensive word. So who's the racist over at AB who approved this ad? Someone needs to lose his/her job!

On a side note, why does it say CBS on the top of the billboard frame? Do they have anything to do with this ad I wonder....

Since 2003, The Home Depot has been a proud supporter of the Mexican National Soccer Team. As the Official Home Improvement Retailer, The Home Depot brings the fervor and excitement of ‘El Tricolor’ to enthusiastic fans across the country. Featuring soccer-themed festivals and National promotions, The Home Depot engages the Hispanic community, igniting their passion for the sport and bringing them closer to the action. Off the field, The Home Depot and the Mexican National Team share a vision and an unparalleled commitment to giving back to the Latino community. With support from Mexican soccer legends, The Home Depot and ‘El Tricolor’ make a positive, lasting impact on the lives of thousands of children by building state-of-the-art playgrounds and refurbishing community centers prior to Mexican National Team matches played in the United States.

The Home Depot is also proud to support Major League Soccer (MLS) as the Official Home Improvement Retailer. Through its sponsorship, The Home Depot is proud to support such MLS programs as ¡Futbolito!, the official 4 v 4 tournament of MLS, and Sueño, a free open tryout seeking the best undiscovered soccer talent in the country. The Home Depot is also an MLS team sponsor of the Los Angeles Galaxy, Chivas USA, Chicago Fire, and Houston Dynamo.

http://corporate.homedepot.com/wps/port ... Ag5Kdhw!!/
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Off the field, The Home Depot and the Mexican National Team share a vision and an unparalleled commitment to giving back to the Latino community
    That explains why they allow illegal invaders to loiter in and around their store locations, harassing paying customers and in general, creating an an atmosphere that is intimidating and degrading to communities that are forced to endure this garbage.

It all makes sense now....

The billboard/article is from 2007.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

the billboard shown does not show the mexican national team and that billboard, if done in 07 is probably long gone. so we are talking two different billboards here.

i think Budweiser should be called out on this one and phone calls need to be made.

bud is not the great american lager anymore since its not an american owned company and hasnt been for a good year or more