Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm trying to read this thing with an objective eye, but I keep falling out of my seat laughing cynically when I read this part...

It is the policy of the executive branch to enforce fully the immigration laws of the United States, including the detection and removal of illegal aliens and the imposition of legal sanctions against employers that hire illegal aliens.
    W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush signs E-Verify? There has to be a reason for this amnesty loving president to sign this into law. I wonder how it benefits Bush?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yawn!

I'll believe it when they actually start punishing employers. And what of subcontractors? What's to stop contractors from merely subcontracting any work for which they would normally use their own illegal labor?

It's window dressing folks. If you learn anything from this year, learn this: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets done during an election year.

Would you care for proof? In 2004, the U.S. military waited on edge for a week outside of Fallujah to retake the city, but were ordered to hold until Bush's re-election was secure. I sh*t you not!

C'mon folks! This is the stated policy of the executive of the United States. He says employing illegal workers is not efficient. All taxpayers and stockholders have a right to expect efficiency. Write companies and local governments to demand a legal workforce.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe this has been done in order to give the E-verify program some cover over the fact that the states of AZ and OK are being sued in Federal court about this program. Before today, E-verify was not mandated by the federal government. It's mandated by the few patriots states like AZ and OK. But the open border lobby will try to argue in federal court that states cannot mandate a program that is not mandated by the federal government.

I guess the White House took care of that lame ass argument today!

Hurra!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    I believe this has been done in order to give the E-verify program some cover over the fact that the states of AZ and OK are being sued in Federal court about this program. Before today, E-verify was not mandated by the federal government. It's mandated by the few patriots states like AZ and OK. But the open border lobby will try to argue in federal court that states cannot mandate a program that is not mandated by the federal government.

I guess the White House took care of that lame ass argument today!

Hurra!!!
    Excellent point LawEnforcer.

Some had said the E-verify program would end this year and now it can't unless it's replaced by another verification program.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another motivation may come from security in Washington and at national monuments.

Wrote my congressmen about security at U.S. monuments and one senator forwarded my letter to the National Park Service which actually replied.

Posted by AirborneSapper7: Report Faults Security at U.S. Monuments

Excerpt:

The Park Police often rely on private security companies, but there is little coordination between the private guards and the officers, the report said. Officers told the investigators that many of the guards don't speak English.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-102047-gua ... +monuments
    Benjamin Franklin

"In California, a high school student who's an illegal immigrant is about to be deported, but since he's the school's valedictorian, he's asking President Bush to help. Bush told the valedictorian, 'Don't worry, I'll never let them send you back to Valedictoria.'"
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

Quote Originally Posted by JDPA
    "In California, a high school student who's an illegal immigrant is about to be deported, but since he's the school's valedictorian, he's asking President Bush to help. Bush told the valedictorian, 'Don't worry, I'll never let them send you back to Valedictoria.'"

Buck should get on Air Force One and go looking for Valedictoria.

Bush Inks Order On Immigrant Workers

Bush Inks Order On Immigrant Workers
    Law Requires Contractors Who Work With Federal Government To Verify Employees' Legal Status
    Comments 4
    WASHINGTON, June 9, 2008

(AP) President Bush has signed an executive order requiring contractors and others who do business with the federal government to make sure their employees can legally work in the United States.

Mr. Bush signed the order Friday and the White House announced the order Monday.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez planned an afternoon news conference to discuss the order and other ways the administration has stepped up its crackdown on illegal immigration.

The order says federal departments and agencies must require contractors to use an electronic system to verify that the workers are eligible to work in the U.S.

The order is aimed at cracking down on hiring of illegal immigrants. But people who overstayed visas or came to the country legally but do not have permission to work, such as some students or those awaiting work permits, also could be snagged with the system.

"It is the policy of the executive branch to enforce fully the immigration laws of the United States, including the detection and removal of illegal aliens and the imposition of legal sanctions against employers that hire illegal aliens," in the executive order says.

The order comes as a worker verification bill has essentially stalled in Congress. A Democratic immigration enforcement bill would require employers to check the citizenship and legal status of all their employees.

The issue has long been debated but has run into opposition over the years from business groups who say the E-Verify system is flawed and civil libertarians who say it will lead to discrimination and job losses by U.S. citizen workers misidentified as illegal workers.

Comprehensive immigration bills considered by Congress in 2006 and 2007 included worker verification measures. But after they failed, states began passing their own laws to keep employers from hiring undocumented workers.

© MMVIII The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/ ... S._4164639
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast