Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Quietly Backing Border Fence

Tuesday, May 3, 2005 11:51 a.m. EDT
    Bush Quietly Backing Border Fence

In a move that could undermine his plan to extend limited amnesty to illegal immigrants, President Bush is quietly backing the completion of a security fence along the California-Mexico border.

The border fence provision is part of the REAL ID Act of 2005, which is attached to the House's emergency supplemental appropriations package to finance military spending in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Story Continues Below

The measure would speed up completion of a 3.5-mile gap in the fence between San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico, according to Tuesday's Los Angeles Times.
    In a letter to Congress last week, the White House said, "The administration strongly urges [congressional] conferees to include the REAL ID Act of 2005 in the final version of the bill." The legislation also includes a ban on driver's licenses for illegal immigrants.

Democrats are bristling over the Bush endorsement, with Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid saying he was "disappointed."

"The fact of the matter is Republicans did this in a very tricky way," Reid Spokeswoman Fabiola Rodriguez-Ciampoli told The Associated Press. "They knew that if they included REAL ID in the [military spending bill], it would be very hard to strike it out."

An older border fence constructed from scrap metal in 1993 was credited with an 88 percent drop in illegal immigration along the 14-mile length of border it protected.

In the 12 years since, however, the 10-foot-tall fence has deteriorated, leaving substantial gaps through which illegals now enter.

The White House-backed measure would finish construction of a much more formidable 14-foot-tall secondary fence, which was previously blocked due to environmental concerns.

The completed project would feature an impenetrable security zone framed by two access roads, three fences, bright lights and high-tech surveillance devices.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005 ... 5432.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GO BUSH!!!!!

Come out of your shell and get on the RIGHT SIDE of this, Mr. President.

You should have stopped this illegal immigration in your first term. And if you think fixing a little piece of fence is going to get you FORGIVENESS, forget it.

You've got to come out and be the MAN we thought we voted for and go ALL THE WAY NOW!!!

"WHATEVER IT TAKES"....Remember those words, Mr. President???

I remember and I'll never forget.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The fact of the matter is Republicans did this in a very tricky way," Reid Spokeswoman Fabiola Rodriguez-Ciampoli told The Associated Press. "They knew that if they included REAL ID in the [military spending bill], it would be very hard to strike it out."
    No Senator Reid, THEY finally wised up a little. What is YOUR excuse?

The completed project would feature an impenetrable security zone framed by two access roads, three fences, bright lights and high-tech surveillance devices.
    Good fences make good neighbors.
    Better fences make better neighbors. Great fences keep out more illegals.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I'm not going to hold my breath yet. I'm going to wait and see...........
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know, I know..........
    Just hoping, hoping, and hoping that Bush is going to DO something except roll out the red carpet for Foxie and his minions. If he would only LEAD a little.......
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Senator Reid!!! So what's YOUR problem?? Do you support illegal immigration in violation of US immigration law, US labor law AND US Civil Rights law?

Do you like seeing Americans butchered n their neighborhoods by illegal gangs entering the US through the Mexican Border?

Do you like seeing rising unemployment among Americans by illegal aliens entering the US through the Mexican Border and every other border of the United States and stealing their jobs?

Do you support Open Borders and the DISSOLUTION of the United States?

Do you support bringing killer diseases like Tubercolosis into the United States?

You don't?????? Well, then SAY SO and tell your Democrats to get on the RIGHT SIDE of this line now drawn in the sand, because every single day that this problem is NOT SOLVED 100% with sealed borders, prosecutions of illegal employers and every person who has aided and abetted an illegal alien to enter or remain in the US in violation of federal law; and deportation of illegal aliens....costs Americans their jobs, their health, and yes their LIVES!!!

If you think any American wants to listen to you WHINE around about being TRICKED, then you are mistaken.

You and the likes of you have tricked the American People. We trusted our leaders from both parties to always do what was right by the American People. This has proved a huge mistake because we sent a bunch of dangerous people to Washington....traitors....all hiding behnd some foolish "poor immigrant thing" to change the political power in the US to dissolve the United States through Open Borders.

Oh yeah......we've got your number, Senator Reid....and you better HOP like a Jack Rabbit to get on the RIGHT SIDE OF THIS LINE NOW DRAWN IN THE SAND......or your days in Washington will be quite FEW and your days in a federal penitiary quite MANY.

Oh yeah....oooooh yeah.....don't doubt it for a minute. Your files, your papers, your contributors, your thuggy friends.....will all lead a trail of collusion to detroy the United States and pave a road straight to a prison cell for all the harm you and your ACLU luvin' friends have caused the American People.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    I know, I know..........
    Just hoping, hoping, and hoping that Bush is going to DO something except roll out the red carpet for Foxie and his minions. If he would only LEAD a little.......
    It will sure make my day if George does it.

Judy, did you happen to send that to Reid??
    Every day I make the effort to send thanks and appreciation to those who stand with us...and just one or two, not toooo over the top...to those who stand against us...

I DO hope Bush is getting the message. Never mind he isn't going to run again...the point is there are lots of OTHER republicans that ARE going to run again...and again...and again...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

The measure would speed up completion of a 3.5-mile gap in the fence between San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico, according to Tuesday's Los Angeles Times.

And what about the 2000 miles of border to the east of that?
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Pat your enemies on the back until the right time comes, then take your revenge like a tiger. Never forget who conned you, hurt you or cheated you, regardless of who they are."

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Why not?Nobody else (except me) questioned Arnold's backing the MMP which is just an endorsement for them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast