Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush sending Nat'l Guard to NM border

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/index.html

This morning on the news, it was announced that Bush is sending the Nat'l guard to the New Mexico border with Mexico since the people are whining that it's like "Little Mexico" now that Richardson and the Federal gov't has sat on their hands for so long. TX and AZ have taken action to secure their borders as best they can since the federal gov't wont' do anything so now the illegals are re-routi9ng themselves through New Mexico. We need soldiers on the entire border, not just skip from place to place forcing the illegals to pick another route. Jeepers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    JunisJnr wrote:

We need soldiers on the entire border, not just skip from place to place forcing the illegals to pick another route. Jeepers!
    Yeah, along with Duncan Hunter's double-layered fence!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is news I like hearing. However temporary this "fix" might be, it IS an indicator that the American people are being heard.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush sending

The borders of Texas and Arizona are not as secure as our government would like us to believe. Better than a few years ago, but not secure by a long stretch.

The presence of National Guard troups would be more of a deterent if the troops could actually apprehend border crossers. The "hands off" approach is like spitting on a wildfire.

We need guards all along the border until 18 foot high fences can be built.

Actually, I am surprised Richardson would request help. Maybe his state is feeling the strain financially.

Texan, I definitely agree that the TX and AZ borders aren't secure enough. But it is the pockets of security on either side that seem to have forced the re-routing of the migrants. That is what I meant. The entire border needs soldiers.

As a resident of El Paso, I saw some things I like-- some good news-- and some changes that I believe are meaningful. For example, used to be you couldn't go to a grocery store or a restaurant in the area where I live(d) and have anyone speak to you in English. They started cracking down on employers and people started complaining about the discrimination against Americans and now all of a sudden they all speak English. How very amazing. The neighborhood was primarily Mexican or Mexican Americans and I noticed that many of the people around me were making an honest effort to learn English all of a sudden. That tells me that something happened.

I love that the Mexican truckers and the Mexican shoppers and visitors are complaining that they get a hassle coming across the border. I'm even happy that the Americans who cross regularly are being challenged. I've gone back and forth across that border and, at times, I was never even asked for ID! In my eyes, those are improvements, not detriments.

I hate the camera concept because it is common knowledge that those cameras don't work more often than they do. Besides, what sense does it make to take pictures of people crossing if they have no intention of stopping them?

So, maybe one of these days, they will wake up and utilize our military the way Mexico uses theirs -- hopefully in a less corrupt way, though. Cuidad Juarez is such a mess that it's hard to pick out the good guys from the bad and that includes corrupt military and police.

He's only doing it for PR, he wants the VP spot. He really isn't doing anything.

He who? Richardson? He's the biggest phony I've ever seen in politics.
    When he was running for Gov. he was a cowboy. Now he looks like a Conquistador. I can't stand that guy!

Bush sending

Don't get me wrong, JuniusJnr. I like hearing any news about enforcement, and it is true that improvements are taking place.

I think it is all politically motivated, on both sides. I wonder what will happen to all these improvements and local enforcement efforts after the pres. election? It is obvious that our federal government does not want to enforce the law and will probably pass an amnesty, along with promises of enforcement ,which will never happen.

We have recently won a few fights, but the real war is coming.....

No dispute there, Texan. But wouldn't it be better to have the troops on the border fighting the war than the people in the streets. We can only hope......

And, of course if amnesty is granted it's going to be small town rural America that gets to fight. If you notice, one by one, small towns and big cities all over the country are passing their own ordinances, in definace of the federal government that is sitting on their hands.

And do you notice that none of the candidates actually want to talk about the issue of illegal immigrants? Notice they tend to forget the word "illegal" if they mention it at all??? Ticks me off to no end!

Junius, I travel to El Paso and across the border into Juarez weekly. I gotta tell ya, I am ALWAYS uncomfortable in El Paso. Why the hell does every single store and restaurant speak Spanish and only English when necessary? I feel like I'm in Mexico every time I go to El Paso.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Texan, I definitely agree that the TX and AZ borders aren't secure enough. But it is the pockets of security on either side that seem to have forced the re-routing of the migrants. That is what I meant. The entire border needs soldiers.

As a resident of El Paso, I saw some things I like-- some good news-- and some changes that I believe are meaningful. For example, used to be you couldn't go to a grocery store or a restaurant in the area where I live(d) and have anyone speak to you in English. They started cracking down on employers and people started complaining about the discrimination against Americans and now all of a sudden they all speak English. How very amazing. The neighborhood was primarily Mexican or Mexican Americans and I noticed that many of the people around me were making an honest effort to learn English all of a sudden. That tells me that something happened.

I love that the Mexican truckers and the Mexican shoppers and visitors are complaining that they get a hassle coming across the border. I'm even happy that the Americans who cross regularly are being challenged. I've gone back and forth across that border and, at times, I was never even asked for ID! In my eyes, those are improvements, not detriments.

I hate the camera concept because it is common knowledge that those cameras don't work more often than they do. Besides, what sense does it make to take pictures of people crossing if they have no intention of stopping them?

So, maybe one of these days, they will wake up and utilize our military the way Mexico uses theirs -- hopefully in a less corrupt way, though. Cuidad Juarez is such a mess that it's hard to pick out the good guys from the bad and that includes corrupt military and police.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast