Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush sending

I fear the reason the candidates do not use the word illegal with immigration is that they feel these people have a 'right" to a better life. Isn't that the Mexican view? In the global economy, and with a North American Union, we are all equal.
    We have to protect ourselves, because our government refuses to. It will indeed be the small towns and rural areas who stand up and fight for "OUR COUNTRY".

Re: Bush sending Nat'l Guard to NM border

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/index.html

This morning on the news, it was announced that Bush is sending the Nat'l guard to the New Mexico border with Mexico since the people are whining that it's like "Little Mexico" now that Richardson and the Federal gov't has sat on their hands for so long. TX and AZ have taken action to secure their borders as best they can since the federal gov't wont' do anything so now the illegals are re-routi9ng themselves through New Mexico. We need soldiers on the entire border, not just skip from place to place forcing the illegals to pick another route. Jeepers!
    IMO, he sent them there at the request of the Mexican government, not New Mexico.

We need troops all along the border. Especially since the fence isnt being built as promised.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Texan, I'm on the NE side of El Paso which has notoriously been like Little Mexico. Whole neighborhoods, brand new neighborhoods, have been trashed. Gang signs are rampant. And if I had kids in school in this city I'd home school them or ship them somewhere else before I'd put them in any public school.

I didn't say it wasn't still dangerous. I said I see signs of improvement.
    Fortunately, I won't be here much longer but back home has their share, too.

I get a real charge out of them declaring this to be the "safest city of it's size."What the hell are the rest like????

BB, maybe they are lining up the troops for an all out war. I don't think the Mexican gov't requested US soldiers, though. I don't think the gov of NM requested troops. I think the people did. The gov of NM, Richardson, is part of the problem because he refused to get with the other governors and seek a solution way back when they realized the federal gov't wasn't going to do anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Junius, I travel to El Paso and across the border into Juarez weekly. I gotta tell ya, I am ALWAYS uncomfortable in El Paso. Why the hell does every single store and restaurant speak Spanish and only English when necessary? I feel like I'm in Mexico every time I go to El Paso.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Texan, I definitely agree that the TX and AZ borders aren't secure enough. But it is the pockets of security on either side that seem to have forced the re-routing of the migrants. That is what I meant. The entire border needs soldiers.

As a resident of El Paso, I saw some things I like-- some good news-- and some changes that I believe are meaningful. For example, used to be you couldn't go to a grocery store or a restaurant in the area where I live(d) and have anyone speak to you in English. They started cracking down on employers and people started complaining about the discrimination against Americans and now all of a sudden they all speak English. How very amazing. The neighborhood was primarily Mexican or Mexican Americans and I noticed that many of the people around me were making an honest effort to learn English all of a sudden. That tells me that something happened.

I love that the Mexican truckers and the Mexican shoppers and visitors are complaining that they get a hassle coming across the border. I'm even happy that the Americans who cross regularly are being challenged. I've gone back and forth across that border and, at times, I was never even asked for ID! In my eyes, those are improvements, not detriments.

I hate the camera concept because it is common knowledge that those cameras don't work more often than they do. Besides, what sense does it make to take pictures of people crossing if they have no intention of stopping them?

So, maybe one of these days, they will wake up and utilize our military the way Mexico uses theirs -- hopefully in a less corrupt way, though. Cuidad Juarez is such a mess that it's hard to pick out the good guys from the bad and that includes corrupt military and police.
    TexasBorn, I flew into El Paso about two months ago and was absolutley shocked at what I was hearing. I did not hear a word of English being spoken in the entire terminal until I got outside that terminal. In fact, I was looking around to make sure I had in fact landed in El Paso (no, I was not drinking). It was quite shocking to say the least.

It's bad here in So Cal, but for the most part, we still speak English in most parts of this county.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TX and TX, that airport is a nightmare, isn't it? I think the problem is mainly that most of the Americans leave as soon as they can get out of here. I can't say I blame them.

Will these National Guard troops be armed, or like before left standing there helpless twiddling their thumbs and having to call for the Border Patrol?

Excellent question. I wish I knew the answer. They showed tanks on the news but that doesn't mean much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12