Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Orange to consider more stringent day laborer rules

Comments are being left after the article.
    ~~

Saturday, November 24, 2007
    Orange to consider more stringent day laborer rules
    Officials to meet Tuesday to discuss proposal to curb problems
    By ELLYN PAK
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Orange City officials will consider on Tuesday more stringent measures to curb problems attached to day laborers in the city.

The proposal: ban solicitation from sidewalks that are adjacent to streets without parking lanes; prohibit solicitation from private property with the owner's written permission; and ban solicitation while driving.

In addition, private property owners who wish to run job centers for laborers must get a conditional use permit through the Planning Commission.

In October, council members had reinstated a requirement for day laborers at the city-run Resource Center to provide two types of identification and fill out federal compliance forms. The following weeks after the action yielded a sharp decline in worker registration, and nearly 50 workers protested the new policy.

From Nov. 1 to 7, four workers per day were qualified to register for jobs through the Resource Center. Up to 16 workers showed up on certain days but were not able to provide adequate identification.

A proposal to require workers and employers to obtain permits was also discussed in October, but city staffers are now suggesting that this part of the proposal be implemented later, if needed.

The City Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 300 E. Chapman Ave. Information: 714-744-2225.

www.ocregister.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Day laborers used to be considered "shiftless" and now they seem to be the "Cause Du Jour". It doesn't matter if loitering laws have to be ignored or safety or public nuisance, they are to be championed. Cities and towns seem to buckle to even the slightest pressure from these advocates while ignoring their citizen's welfare and wishes. What are they afraid of? Why are cities being pushed around by these people who seem to be of little consequence??? Is it just being PC and they are in terror of offending someone???

I wonder what our enemies think when they see us being pushed around by a bunch of uneducated, itinerate people who invade us by the millions and we just let it happen?? Do you think they are afraid of us?

Re: CA: Orange to consider more stringent day laborer rules

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Comments are being left after the article.
    ~~

Saturday, November 24, 2007
    Orange to consider more stringent day laborer rules
    Officials to meet Tuesday to discuss proposal to curb problems
    By ELLYN PAK
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Orange City officials will consider on Tuesday more stringent measures to curb problems attached to day laborers in the city.

The proposal: ban solicitation from sidewalks that are adjacent to streets without parking lanes; prohibit solicitation from private property with the owner's written permission; and ban solicitation while driving.

In addition, private property owners who wish to run job centers for laborers must get a conditional use permit through the Planning Commission.

In October, council members had reinstated a requirement for day laborers at the city-run Resource Center to provide two types of identification and fill out federal compliance forms. The following weeks after the action yielded a sharp decline in worker registration, and nearly 50 workers protested the new policy.

From Nov. 1 to 7, four workers per day were qualified to register for jobs through the Resource Center. Up to 16 workers showed up on certain days but were not able to provide adequate identification.

A proposal to require workers and employers to obtain permits was also discussed in October, but city staffers are now suggesting that this part of the proposal be implemented later, if needed.

The City Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 300 E. Chapman Ave. Information: 714-744-2225.

www.ocregister.com
    Oh gee, California is having troubles with illegal immigrants? Who would have known THIS would happen? Rules, permits for illegal's in CA? You've got to be kidding! I feel for you. NOT!!!

I thought they were the wonderful new immigrants and I was a bigot, and racist xenophobe. I like immigrants, I hate illegal immigrants.

They'll all be happy with the rebuilding after this fire, I bet.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Here it is

Here is my proposal:

Round up any day laborer soliciting work anywhere and check their citizenship or legal residency status.

If they are not here legally then:

They spend a year of hard labor cleaning up the mess they made with all their spare clothes and water bottles on the border. The rest of the year they can hump sacks of concrete and other building materials around the border wall to end all border wall construction sites.

Any property they own gets sold at public auction and distributed to American victims of illegal aliens.

Anyone agree?

jonhaloi

Could you have them paint over their murals and gang tags while your at it? I will never understand how defacing private property got to be art!

ha ha

I wonder what would happen if we got a skip loader at the border, collected all the trash they leave, then dumped just over the barbed wire fence on the Mexican side?

Better yet, load it into trucks and dump it in front of the environmentalists headquarters that are fighting the fence.

Re: ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    I wonder what would happen if we got a skip loader at the border, collected all the trash they leave, then dumped just over the barbed wire fence on the Mexican side?
    I'm still laughing over this one. You'd be jailed for just touching th Mexican side. They don't want illegal immigrants in Mexico, go figure!
    Dick Morris

WorriedAmerican wrote: Oh gee, California is having troubles with illegal immigrants? Who would have known THIS would happen? Rules, permits for illegal's in CA? You've got to be kidding! I feel for you. NOT!!!

This attitude is why California is overrun by illegal immigrants! Everyone seems to want to blame California for all the illegals in the U.S. Well I have news for you, we are not to blame. We were invaded first, we tried to pass laws to stop it, but the Federal government overruled us at every turn and the rest of the U.S. didn't care until they started moving to your states.

Six years ago in Morgan Hill we started having serious problems with day laborers. We called the police, businesses and citizens called Immigration. We were all told by Immigration that they would not do anything, that they didn't do raids or check on legal status.

Californians are not all bleeding heart liberals, we are normal Americans with the same dreams of taking back America. We feel for all Americans having to endure this invasion, we understand your fustration because we have been living this nightmare a lot longer. But I am getting tired of my fellow Americans making these kind of comments about Californians.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    WorriedAmerican wrote: Oh gee, California is having troubles with illegal immigrants? Who would have known THIS would happen? Rules, permits for illegal's in CA? You've got to be kidding! I feel for you. NOT!!!

This attitude is why California is overrun by illegal immigrants! Everyone seems to want to blame California for all the illegals in the U.S. Well I have news for you, we are not to blame. We were invaded first, we tried to pass laws to stop it, but the Federal government overruled us at every turn and the rest of the U.S. didn't care until they started moving to your states.

Six years ago in Morgan Hill we started having serious problems with day laborers. We called the police, businesses and citizens called Immigration. We were all told by Immigration that they would not do anything, that they didn't do raids or check on legal status.

Californians are not all bleeding heart liberals, we are normal Americans with the same dreams of taking back America. We feel for all Americans having to endure this invasion, we understand your fustration because we have been living this nightmare a lot longer. But I am getting tired of my fellow Americans making these kind of comments about Californians.
    I personally think, with lots to back it up, that the illegals would not be invading the rest of the USA if the border states, ESPECIALLY if CA didn't enjoy the cheap slave labor that they provide the "money people" o there. It was such a great deal, at first. It drove down Americans pay and still, it was worth it.

Aren't you in CA known as the MOST liberal state in the US? If I'm wrong correct me. But "nip it in the bud" means something!

So I did a search of, "CA - governor- illegal - immigrants", I brought up many articles like this...

Please, can you name the last Governor that TRIED to stop the influx.

CALIFORNIA
    Mood on illegal immigration surprises governor
    He also backs away from previous support of Prop. 187
    Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger -- a day after expressing the view that his past support of Proposition 187 was "the wrong decision" -- said Tuesday he has been surprised at the anger and "intensity of prejudice'' he has sometimes encountered among voters on the issue of illegal immigration as he campaigns statewide.
    But the governor also said he recognizes the attitudes may stem from the deep frustration of many Californians on the issue, saying "people are angry ... they feel nothing is being done.''

The statements came a day after Schwarzenegger told the Spanish-language La Opinion's editorial board that his past support of Prop. 187, the controversial anti-illegal immigration measure passed by voters in 1994, was "the wrong decision.''
    Asked by reporters Tuesday about the statements, Schwarzenegger explained that his deepest concerns regarding such anti-illegal immigration measures center on the possible impacts on the children of undocumented immigrants.
    "I have said many times that our philosophies ... when you get into the trenches, many things change,'' he said regarding Prop. 187. "And mine sure have changed.''

Schwarzenegger also said the postponement of his trade mission to Mexico until after the election had nothing to do with the volatile issue of immigration, but was made out of respect for the Mexican officials who are dealing with the uncertainty of the outcome of the July 2 presidential election. He said he had spoken Monday to Mexico's President Vicente Fox, as well as Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who both agreed that a post-election trip would accomplish more, and both advised it was "a wise decision.''

The governor made the observations about the volatile issue of illegal immigration during a stop on a campaign bus tour across Southern California. At a morning town hall meeting, the Republican governor was pointedly -- even aggressively -- confronted by voters clearly incensed about illegal immigrants and what some said was government's failures to address its financial impacts. (Kudos here.)

The questioning on immigration dominated a morning town hall meeting in La Mesa, just miles from the Mexican border in San Diego County, where some voters were outspoken in their anger with the governor on the matter.

"The illegals hop over our fence ... and they get medical, they get everything free,'' said one woman who would identify herself only as Sally, an activist with the Minutemen organization. "Right now, I don't see much difference between you and (Democratic gubernatorial candidate) Phil Angelides ... I don't see where you're standing up for the citizens of California.''

An unidentified town hall attendee said: "I want my country back.''

Schwarzenegger told the 150 meeting attendees there that "the federal government has not been able to do the job" on securing the borders and said that he would continue to apply pressure for financial and law enforcement aid. (Oh, so now I'm in Maine paying for CA's NOT continuing to put pressure on YOUR government Officials. Instead, $$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what is wanted to support those that are

But the governor, who is an immigrant himself, also cautioned his critics, "Never get mad at anyone that is trying to come to this country. I understand people wanting to be part of this state.'' (He's not Illegal!!! big difference!!)

Schwarzenegger told reporters Tuesday that such town hall meetings with voters -- and airing of such issues -- have been eye-opening. "What's interesting about these town hall meetings is that you really do see a flavor'' and regional differences, he said. "It was interesting to see ... people didn't talk about the economy. People didn't ask about jobs ... it was immigration, that's the main thing."

But this was "pretty much the first time I had seen the intensity of prejudice, the intensity'' on the issue, he said.

On Prop. 187, Schwarzenegger said his original support of the measure -- approved by voters but challenged in the courts because it would have cut off government aid and educational benefits to all illegal immigrants -- have evolved over the years largely because of his work with children in his after-school programs.

The governor's latest statements on illegal immigration prompted an aggressive response from the campaign of Angelides, who is the state treasurer. "Gov. Schwarzenegger has done more flip-flops on immigration than the Wallenda Brothers and Olga Korbut combined,'' Angelides said in a statement, referring to the legendary circus acrobats and the Olympic gymnastics gold medalist. He called Prop. 187 "a divisive measure that pitted Californian against Californian,'' and noted that Schwarzenegger, just months ago, praised the work of the Minutemen, the citizens' group guarding the border, as "terrific.''

I stand by my prior statement. Hey, in Maine we have an idiot Governor too! He made us a Sanctuary State in the middle if the night in 04 or 05. Only one of two, the other recently being Maryland. It comes down to votes and SLAVE LABOR, so far we only have 5000 and we are bitching and WE won't stop until it stops.............. I rest my case, unless..........
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast