Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I got an email from CCIR. This sort of thing is where it is at.

Orange City Councilman stopped by the October 27. 2007 Rally

Please try to attend the Orange http://www.cityoforange.orgCity
    Council Meeting, Tuesday, November 27 at 4:30pm:

Support Orange City Council Rally October 27, 2007

City Attorney David A. DeBerry
    http://www.cityoforange.org/depts/city_ ... efault.asp will report on
    the day laborer site issue
    PDF File Orange City Council Meeting Agenda 7.2
    http://www.cityoforange.org/depts/cityc ... inutes.asp

DATE:
    Tuesday November 27

TIME:
    Meet in front of the city council chambers at 4:15pm - meeting
    begins at 4:30pm

300 E. Chapman Ave.
    Orange, CA 92866
    http://www.cityoforange.org/depts/default.asp
    FROM THE OC REGISTER:
    Orange working on new plan to regulate day
    labor
    http://www.cityoforange.org/cals/default.asp

(http://immigration.freedomblogging.com/ ... day-labor/)

November 20th, 2007 · 2 Comments · posted by ataxin

You may remember that the city of Orange was tinkeringwith new plans to
    regulate day labor solicitation on city streets...

Next week, the City Council willget a look atthe plans, which would ban
    pedestrians from seeking work on any street without parking lanes. The
    planswould alsolimitwork solicitation on private property, requiring
    merchants who want to let more than five day laborersseek work there to
    get a conditional use permit, said City Attorney David DeBerry.

DeBerry said work solicitation would be generally prohibited on private
    property but business owners could file a request to allow up to five day
    laborers to seek work. The proposal, which aims to reduce traffic and
    complaints from residents about day laborers,will head to Council next
    Tuesday.

"The way it operates now is it´s a free for all, everyone-for-himself kind of
    system and the most aggressive day laborer gets the job,"DeBerry said.
    We´ll post a link to the city staff report once it´s up on Orange´s web site.
    - Amy Taxin

ORANGE, CADAY LABORER RESOURCE
    CENTER

BEFOREORANGE CITY COUNCIL enacted the
    requirement of2 forms of identificationat the
    Orange Resource Center, the above photowas
    taken.

AFTER Orange City Councilrequirement of
    providing 2 forms of identification to use the
    resource center- the above phototaken duringthe
    Oct 27th Rally

Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top
    money wasters of 2007.
    ------- End of forwarded message -------
    --
    Barbara Coe
    Chairman
    California Coalition for Immigration Reform
    http://www.ccir.net

WorriedAmerican wrote:

I personally think, with lots to back it up, that the illegals would not be invading the rest of the USA if the border states, ESPECIALLY if CA didn't enjoy the cheap slave labor that they provide the "money people" o there. It was such a great deal, at first. It drove down Americans pay and still, it was worth it.

Aren't you in CA known as the MOST liberal state in the US? If I'm wrong correct me. But "nip it in the bud" means something!

Evidently you didn't read what I said. Everything you quoted was now "2007", I said we were being invaded for years and nobody cared when we tried to stop it. We didn't have the mass support that is going in America now. Nobody cared until it started happening to them.

No, true Californians are not all liberals. California is a large state with many different views. California has always taken the heat from the rest of the country.

I was born and raised in California. I have watched as people from all over the U.S. have flooded our state for the higher wages, driven our property values up and covered our open land with houses bringing with them their deverse views.

I have watched in the 80's when we were invaded by refugees from Vietnam and Cambodia, turning sections of our cities into little Saigon.

I have watched in the 90's as we have been invaded by illegal aliens turning sections into Mexico. California has always been a magnet.

Californians have had to learn to except and live with multicultures from the U.S. and foreign countries, but that does not mean that we are any less patriotic or deserve your comments. It only means we have been more tolerant, too tolerant!

I would like to know what cheap slave labor your are talking about. As a middleclass Californian, I don't know anyone that hires illegals to mow their lawn, take care of their children or anything else. We are to busy working hard to survive. Who do we blame - the fellow Americans that have flooded our state driving prices up - or the people that are dumbing down our schools and living off of our welfare system?

"nip it in the bud" means something - your right - but where do you suggest California should have started - Years ago when the federal government wouldn't listen to California, maybe we should have closed California's border to everyone!!

When everyone started screaming about the illegal immigration issue, we Californians thought "At last, maybe now we will be heard" but not when ignorant people instead of banding together with a common goal seek only to blame and thus devide.[/b]

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
    Orange to tighten day laborer rules
    City officials slated today to adopt stringent measures to curb workers' solicitation.
    By ELLYN PAK
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ORANGE – City officials are slated today to fully adopt stringent measures to help curb problems associated with day laborers, who residents say have disturbed the city for decades.

The ordinances will ban solicitation from sidewalks next to streets without parking lanes; from private property without the owner's written permission; and while a solicitor is stopped or standing in a traffic lane, median or driveway apron on a public right of way.

In addition, private-property owners who want to run job centers for laborers must get a conditional-use permit through the Planning Commission. The fine for violators will be up to $250 for the first offense, $500 for the second and $1,000 and jail time for the third.

Council members at the Nov. 27 meeting said they want to see the results of the ordinances six months after they go into effect. The regulations may be effective early next year.

A city report mentioned traffic problems, swarming of cars, intimidation of shoppers and public nuisances as problems that occur when day laborers congregate.

The City Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. today at City Hall, 300 E. Chapman Ave. Information: 714-744-2225.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/city-pro ... -day-want#
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    WorriedAmerican wrote:

I personally think, with lots to back it up, that the illegals would not be invading the rest of the USA if the border states, ESPECIALLY if CA didn't enjoy the cheap slave labor that they provide the "money people" o there. It was such a great deal, at first. It drove down Americans pay and still, it was worth it.

Aren't you in CA known as the MOST liberal state in the US? If I'm wrong correct me. But "nip it in the bud" means something!

Evidently you didn't read what I said. Everything you quoted was now "2007", I said we were being invaded for years and nobody cared when we tried to stop it. We didn't have the mass support that is going in America now. Nobody cared until it started happening to them.

No, true Californians are not all liberals. California is a large state with many different views. California has always taken the heat from the rest of the country.

I was born and raised in California. I have watched as people from all over the U.S. have flooded our state for the higher wages, driven our property values up and covered our open land with houses bringing with them their deverse views.

I have watched in the 80's when we were invaded by refugees from Vietnam and Cambodia, turning sections of our cities into little Saigon.

I have watched in the 90's as we have been invaded by illegal aliens turning sections into Mexico. California has always been a magnet.

Californians have had to learn to except and live with multicultures from the U.S. and foreign countries, but that does not mean that we are any less patriotic or deserve your comments. It only means we have been more tolerant, too tolerant!

I would like to know what cheap slave labor your are talking about. As a middleclass Californian, I don't know anyone that hires illegals to mow their lawn, take care of their children or anything else. We are to busy working hard to survive. Who do we blame - the fellow Americans that have flooded our state driving prices up - or the people that are dumbing down our schools and living off of our welfare system?

"nip it in the bud" means something - your right - but where do you suggest California should have started - Years ago when the federal government wouldn't listen to California, maybe we should have closed California's border to everyone!!

When everyone started screaming about the illegal immigration issue, we Californians thought "At last, maybe now we will be heard" but not when ignorant people instead of banding together with a common goal seek only to blame and thus devide.[/b]
    I like that, "MontereySherry", Ignorant. I'll add it to the list of Racist, Bigot, zenophobe......now ignorant.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

MontereySherry and WorriedAmerican ,

I'm sorry I can't tell were exactly each one of your post start and stop but I want to just add;

California did protect the rest of America from the illegal invasion for a while in the fifties, sixties, and seventies. I think what happened was it got to expensive for our local government to handle. We were just getting reimbursed for a fraction of the cost in San Diego. I think it became a problem of giving in or going under. I remember many crying out but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Now the problem is more of a Revolution in our government by our government officials and our, using the term loosely, law enforcement.

It seems the criminals in business are driving the New World Order crowd and their plans for world domination. Having no borders barring the natural resources from their cheap labor is more important to them than rightful ownerships or many of the other rules we have for living and working together.

Just as we were once strong with our different States, so was the world with its different countries.

We were like a ship on the high seas that had water tight compartments.

Now all of the countries are controlled by same groups of men and we are taking on water fast.

Hopefully these local fights can once again unit us and give us places to go to once again be able to have children, homes, economies and places we can make our own rules to live by.

With people and places once again able to be good examples to others we will once again restore the leadership that will bring the world together and make us one again.

We just need to get back in step, so to speak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12