Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    The problem is I came here as a 2 yr old and haved lived here in undocumented status for 20 yrs
    This is an earnest question; no sarcasm intended. How many illegal immigrants do you think the U.S. can absorb?
    That is what I find the most problematic. They don't think about the cost to and discomfort of Americans and that is what angers me the most. Its all about them, what they want, what they need and what they should be entitled to. If we don't hand it to them on a silver platter than we are xenophobes, racists, selfish, etc.

For those who come here looking for "the American Dream" illegally its all about them getting what they think they are entitled to at OUR EXPENSE, financially, emotionally and physically. They have yet to realize that their dream is becoming our expensive nightmare.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

As my 20 year old says! (THATS YOUR BAD)!!!!!!!!!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Nouveauxpoor,

United States should not be absorbing any illegal immigrants. United States should have secure borders as does any other nation. Even as an illegal myself, it confuses me how can the richest nation on earth not be able to secure its borders?? The only reason I can think of is because it doesn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerscott7
    Nouveauxpoor,

United States should not be absorbing any illegal immigrants. United States should have secure borders as does any other nation. Even as an illegal myself, it confuses me how can the richest nation on earth not be able to secure its borders?? The only reason I can think of is because it doesn't want to.
    We the taxpayer's DEMAND SECURE BORDERS, its big business that is raping us and this country. They reap tremendous benefit from cheap labor and we pick of the tab for the health, education, welfare and fraud created by illegal aliens along with watching the collapse of our life style and social fabric.

Now do you understand why we are angry and want illegal immigration stopped immediately?
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

See this is the problem with you people, you always complain that these criminal children or as you refer to them gangbangers, are destroying the educational system. But oh no god forbid one of these folks actually graduates high school, and gets a college degree, oh no its the end of the world travesty....So what do you want more of? Gangbangers by denying them opportunity, or you rather have a educated brat with a college degree?
    What's with all of the name calling? Why are you calling illegal aliens like yourself these awful names?? It really makes you sound so immature.

whatmattersmost,

I have never said the US should hand me anything on the silver platter. The only thing the US has handed me on silver platter is opportunity.

I payed for my education, when I broke my hand I did not disapear into oblivion without paying my medical bill and I did not leave it to you as a taxpayer to pay the bill. Even though I was not able to pay the full bill at once I was able to pay it off in installments. Obviously you see I also did not try to go on welfare. Majority of illegals should be deported, but I hope you realize there are few that deserve to be treated differently then someone that comes here and expects the world to be given them on the silver platter.

Anyways I have to go, but thank you for letting me tell a small part of my story, I will perhaps respond later to further comments

Quote Originally Posted by rogerscott7
    Nouveauxpoor,

We admit that our government has failed us by not securing our border and controlling immigration. We are attempting to correct these omissions with activities such as those represented on this board. Neither you nor the Mexican people are our enemies. What do you think should be done about the 12-20 million people who are here illegally?

It's funny that alot of these Dream Act Illegal Alien Mecha students that are crying are the same ones that marched in the streets carrying communist banners and mexican flags claiming this is their land and we stole it. Im telling you all now including those lurkers out there. There will be no dream act, there will be no amnesty, We will continue to fight with a fury and determination unsceen in american political history
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Nouveauxpoor,

Im not Mexican lol

What should be the done will 12-20 illegals (me)?

This is a huge problem. First I believe every single criminal/fugitive, those that have leached off the United States generosity and had taken advantage of it should be handcuffed and shipped back at once, I believe there is a lot of these people here that just want to create havoc.

Then you have those that are really in the shadows, and I know you guys always make fun of this term. Obviously a gangbanger criminal is not in the shadows. But you have these folks that you know are hardworking, trying to go to school, pay taxes, basically not trying to be a burden on the taxpayer. Some of them own a home, have US citizen kids and are basically assimilated in the fabric of the US, their crime is that they are here illegaly, and I know this is not fine and dandy but its the reality. I believe these few should be given a CHANCE to obtain some kind of legal status, not given anything on the silver platter but some kind of compromise where you the american people say. you know fine they are here they seem ok they are not the burden on us, we are a bit skeptical about them but let them prove to us some way that they are worthy of giving them a chance.

But first and foremost secure the damn border, I mean don't build a Berlin wall, but just do it. You have the techology just have the will to do it. But as we know majority of illegals are visa overstayers, where we have a problem finding them after their visa expires. Can't we install some kind of chip or give them something when they enter the mainland it pinpoints their exact location? So we can round them up after their authorization to stay expires, I think this is a great idea.

My idea is not perfect, but I think it is something that can be worked on and improved on. We may argue about this what to do with them, but I think we can agree on this. There will be no amnesty ala 1986, and there will be no deportation 20 million people

Im not Mexican lol

Sorry.....I misunderstood your original post.

This is a huge problem. First I believe every single criminal/fugitive, those that have leached off the United States generosity and had taken advantage of it should be handcuffed and shipped back at once, I believe there is a lot of these people here that just want to create havoc.

How do you define 'leached off the United States generosity?' Are you referring to those who have collected welfare benefits or aid to dependent children? Or do you include health and education benefits?

Finally.....you are obviously intelligent, articulate, and well-educated. Since you have spent a number of years in school I am sure you have assimiliated with others of your ilk. You are just the class of people who could make a huge difference in your home country. Why do you (et al) use your talent, energy and cunning to try and change the government of the U.S. rather than using those attributes to change the government of your motherland?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast