Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Vandals strike migrant encampments

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... 0camp.html

Vandals strike migrant encampments

Possessions slashed; police investigating
    By Kristina Davis
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    January 30, 2007

RANCHO PENASQUITOS – Dozens of migrant workers returned to their canyon encampments Saturday afternoon to find their belongings slashed to pieces, police said yesterday.

Several small encampments throughout Rancho Peñasquitos were targeted in a string of attacks, said attorney Claudia Smith of the California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation.

“It was truly stunning to see and pick your way through maybe 100 items, and every one of them is slashed. Jackets right down the middle,” said Smith, who notified police after reports of the attacks began to pour in Saturday. “This was so vicious and so deliberate.”

San Diego police Capt. Boyd Long said the incidents were under investigation.

Officers interviewed victims yesterday and toured the encampments, including one near Rancho Peñasquitos Boulevard and state Route 56.

It was unclear if there were witnesses or how many people were responsible for the vandalism.

The destruction appeared methodical, Smith said; for example, all the pants were slashed from the crotch down the side of the leg.

Pencils, cell phone chargers and a child's belt were not spared, she said.

“One old man kept saying to me 'mis zapatos (my shoes),' making a slashing movement in the air,” Smith said. “The workers were just stunned.”

Authorities say some of the encampments emerged in the area after migrants were ordered to clear out of nearby McGonigle Canyon in November.

The workers, many of whom are undocumented, had squatted on private land in McGonigle Canyon off and on for the past 20 years.

Landowners and police were working on a long-term plan to close the encampments last year, but the effort was hastened in November when residents, joined by supporters of the Minuteman Project, loudly protested the camps.

Developer D.R. Horton, one of the landowners, since has posted No Trespassing signs in McGonigle Canyon and torn down the large shantytown.

Many of the evicted migrants are believed to have relocated to Rancho Peñasquitos on land that is part of an open-space preserve and part privately owned, police said. Caltrans also owns some of the land along the freeway.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MAYBE THEY SHOULD PUT UP A FENCE!!! THAT WAY NO ONE CAN BREAK IN!!!! JUST A SUGGESTION
    OOOOH!! THATS RIGHT, I believe they are on private property
    Oh well I'm sure tresspassing is just another law that they feel does not apply to them
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Caltrans also owns some of the land along the freeway.
    Well well well Caltran is offering land...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Caltrans also owns some of the land along the freeway.
    Well well well Caltran is offering land...
    Yes any purchasers out there?!probably pretty cheap, and it already has tenants!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Your bound to have a level of frustration considering all the laws these people are breaking everyday!!

I don't avocate violence but I can see the boiling point that is occuring in the US because of the refusal to adhear to our countries laws.

I wonder if this advocate is appauled by the drunk driving killings, rapes, murders that illegal aliens have inflicted on US CITIZENS?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I wonder if this advocate is appauled by the drunk driving killings, rapes, murders that illegal aliens have inflicted on US CITIZENS?
    You don't really do you???
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

High IndiannaJones.

I'm just being sarcastic today. Most likely she's a hypocrit just like the rest of the OBL. Not one tear shed for the harm inflicted on American citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pencils, cell phone chargers and a child's belt were not spared, she said.
    So they can afford cell phones AND generators to run them?????

When the government won't enforce the law, the people may have to resort to self-help.
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s

I don't avocate violence but I can see the boiling point that is occuring in the US because of the refusal to adhear to our countries laws.
    This is it in the nutshell. Some reach the boiling point faster than others but as a country I believe the mass boiling point is rapidly approaching.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast