Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Whitman will use troops on Mexico border if feds don’t

Whitman will use troops on Mexico border if feds don’t
    March 22, 4:36 PMStanislaus County Political Buzz Examiner Michael McGuire

Meg Whitman is threatening to call out the National Guard to patrol the Mexican-U.S. border if she is elected governor.

“If Congress fails to pass comprehensive immigration reform with enhanced border security,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They better put troops on the AZ./CA. border too because more illegal aliens enter the U.S. into AZ. than anywhere else.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

"more people cross illegally into the USA through Arizona than anywhere else — nearly half those caught in the past fiscal year, the Border Patrol says."

Arizona has become 'ground zero' of immigration fight

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... tion_N.htm

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-185288.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i donated to meg

afp

Quote Originally Posted by wayneman
    i donated to meg
    afp
    She put $40 MILLION of her own money into her campaign.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I want Larry Naritelli

Good
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

40 million?

Is putting in your own money somehow lot's worse than begging special interests demanding "paybacks" for THEIR agendas? (what big labor wants, big labor gets) i'm just askin. plus i'm really hoping i misunderstood that. if she is willing to send in the National Guard i'm pretty much OK with that. how about you?

afp

i'm sure i must have misunderstood that. and with all due respect, i'm a California native and i've never heard of him. what am i missing here?

Steve Poizner for Governor

Our country, and California in particular, has been built by immigrants who have legally crossed our borders in search of a brighter future. As Americans and Californians, we are right to welcome people from all over the globe when they are willing to play by the rules and obey our laws.

Unfortunately, illegal immigration is a growing problem in our state. In 2009, there were an estimated 10.8 million illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.6 million – nearly a quarter of America’s total illegal immigrant population – residing in California. With our state budget in tatters, millions of Californians out of work, and a state prison system strained by massive overcrowding, California simply cannot continue to ignore the toll that illegal immigration takes on our budget and economy. In fact, illegal aliens cost taxpayers in our state billions each year.

Some have argued that illegal immigration is an issue for the federal government, not the states, and that there’s little that the governor of California can do to fix the problem. Steve Poizner believes these people are wrong. As governor, he will address the challenge of illegal immigration boldly and unapologetically. Steve will use the governor’s authority to fight illegal immigration with every tool at his disposal. As governor, he will advocate for the following policies:
    1. Cutting Taxpayer-Funded Benefits To Illegal Immigrants
    2. Holding Employers Responsible For Following The Law
    3. Ending Sanctuary City Practices
    4. Securing Our Borders
    In This Section

* Cutting Taxpayer-Funded Benefits To Illegal Immigrants
    * Holding Employers Responsible For Following The Law
    * Ending Sanctuary City Practices
    * Securing Our Borders

The Poizner Immigration Plan Includes:

Cutting Taxpayer-Funded Benefits To Illegal Immigrants: One of the magnets drawing illegal immigrants to California and keeping them here is the availability of taxpayer-funded benefits. Steve Poizner supports passage of a new law that would cut taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants in California. Federal legislation passed in 1996 enabled the states to pass laws that restrict the flow of taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants, consistent with federal law. Ten states, including our neighboring state of Arizona, have already passed laws cutting such benefits. Steve understands that California is compelled by the federal courts to provide some taxpayer-funded benefits, but as governor he will work with our leaders in Washington to clarify the scope of taxpayer-funded benefits that our state must provide. In this time of economic crisis, Steve believes that California simply can no longer afford to provide taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants.

* Ending In-State Tuition For Illegal Immigrants At California’s Public Colleges And Universities. California’s Higher Education system is the state’s crown jewel and the standard by which other public school systems are measured. Illegal immigrants should not be given a taxpayer-funded subsidy in the form of in-state tuition at our public universities and colleges. This practice must end and, as governor, Steve will make sure that it does.

Holding Employers Responsible For Following The Law: Another reason that many illegal immigrants come to California is in search of jobs. Unfortunately, many employers continue to hire, knowingly or unknowingly, employees without proper legal status. Steve Poizner will require California businesses to verify the immigration status of their employees. To help employers with this task, Steve will work together with the federal government to establish a reliable and user-friendly employee immigration status verification system. Employers who fail to verify the employment eligibility of their employees will be sanctioned.

* Revoking Business Licenses For Non-Compliance. Steve Poizner is committed to ensuring that employers do not knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Employers that do so knowingly and repeatedly will not only be fined, but will have their state-issued business licenses revoked.

Ending Sanctuary City Practices: Steve Poizner will crack down on Sanctuary Cities, such as San Francisco, by withholding state funding from any California city or county that encourages illegal immigrants to locate there through Sanctuary City policies. For too long, Sanctuary Cities in California have compromised public safety by shielding illegal immigrants—even those who have been found guilty of violating our state’s laws—from federal immigration authorities. As governor, Steve will ensure that these Sanctuary City practices come to an end.

* Reporting All Illegal Immigrants Arrested For Criminal Activity To Federal Immigration Authorities. A community must share a good relationship with law enforcement in order to promote a culture of law and order. To engender such community relations, local law enforcement should not engage in racial profiling or the pursuit of suspects based solely on the suspicion that they may be illegal immigrants. However, once an illegal immigrant is arrested for a criminal act, Steve Poizner will call on all law enforcement agencies across the state to immediately report them to federal immigration authorities.

Securing Our Borders: California must lead the way in partnering with other border states and the federal government to secure our nation’s borders. Steve Poizner is committed to using a variety of state resources, including the California National Guard, to assist other authorities in stemming the flow of illegal immigrants into the United States. Steve knows that stricter border enforcement is essential to dealing with the problem of illegal immigration.

* Creating A Multi-State National Guard Partnership To Secure The Southern Border. Previous piece-meal attempts to secure the border have failed. Without a unified approach by the four southern border states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, illegal immigration will persist and continue to pose a problem for California. As governor, Steve Poizner will create a Multi-State National Guard Partnership between these border states. Through this Partnership, these states can do their part to help secure the border by deploying their respective National Guards to assist the United States Border Patrol and other federal authorities.

I'm going to give money to Steve Poizner he's way tougher on illegal aliens than Meg what's her face . Meg sounds like another Republican hack to me!

Re: 40 million?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneman
    Is putting in your own money somehow lot's worse than begging special interests demanding "paybacks" for THEIR agendas? (what big labor wants, big labor gets) i'm just askin. plus i'm really hoping i misunderstood that. if she is willing to send in the National Guard i'm pretty much OK with that. how about you?

afp

i'm sure i must have misunderstood that. and with all due respect, i'm a California native and i've never heard of him. what am i missing here?
    I didn't mean it was worse, or better. The comment was "Why would she need YOUR donation when she put $40 MILLION of her own money into the campaign." Seems like that would be enough since Poizner only put $19 MILLION of his own into his campaign.
    I favor puting troops on the border too. But just putting them on the CA. border with Mexico won't keep illegal aliens out of CA. because more illegal aliens enter into AZ, than anywhere , and they can then go to CA., or any other state from there.
    NO AMNESTY

UPDATE

"Whitman, the billionaire ex-chief of EBay, has spent $46 million since joining the race early last year, seven times more than either of her main rivals."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 5682.story

Can you by a political office?
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast