Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And the zip code of 92868. city of Orange.

CALLLL!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Hey you guys...remember that California voters voted in Prop 187 (I think it was)...but the courts messed it up, and no Governor followed through on it. The people tried.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    Hey you guys...remember that California voters voted in Prop 187 (I think it was)...but the courts messed it up, and no Governor followed through on it. The people tried.
    Yes, that was a moment we Californians will never forget. The citizens did try. Made us feel like our votes don't matter.
    Thanks for reminding people of our efforts mbrown.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SOME SAN FRANCISCO ZIPS. 94108 94109 94105
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IN FACT HERE IS A USPS LINK. IT IS A SEARCHABLE DATABASE OF ALL ZIP CODES NATIONALLY. YOU SEARCH BY CITY AND STATE. IN CASE WE NEED THIS IN THE FUTURE. HERE IT IS:

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Further outrage: while vets returning from Iraq are struggling to pay for college under the GI Bill, ethnocentric Fabian Nunez is trying to ram through taxpayer-funded financial aid to illegal alien California college students:
    ------------

Vets struggle to pay for college
    GI Bill funds don't stretch as far as they used to, some students say.

By Connie Llanos Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 05/31/2008 11:08:03 PM PDT

UCLA student Nick Salcedo has seen the horrors of war firsthand, fighting side-by- side with fellow Marines in a seven-month deployment to Iraq.

But piecing his life together after his tour of duty several years ago has presented a new battle - alone and trying to make GI Bill benefits stretch to cover skyrocketing tuition costs and expenses.

"We were trained to do what we did out there and we did it together," the 26-year- old said. "It is when you are home ... alone ... that is a harder war to fight."

Salcedo, who is pursuing a bachelor's in psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles, is among thousands of returning veterans discovering that the bill's promise of a tuition-free education is coming up short.

"I'm already $15,000 in debt, and I'm not even done," he said

Initiated more than six decades ago, the Serviceman's Readjustment Act -commonly referred to as the GI Bill - promised veterans a tuition-free education plus a living stipend. At the time, that amounted to about $500 a year for tuition, books and supplies.

Today, GI Bill benefits range from $300 to $1,200 a month depending on the number of courses a veteran is taking. Benefits run for 36 months, for a total of about $40,000, and veterans have 10 years to tap into the money.

But that still amounts to only about half of the costs at many of the nation's universities. In Southern California, the California State University system's annual costs are about $18,000. At UC campuses, annual expenses can hit $25,000.

The squeeze has prompted a heated debate in Congress over whether to expand the bill to give veterans more money for tuition, books and living expenses - as well as extend the time they have to collect their benefits.

But some say the benefits would simply encourage more soldiers to leave the military and go back to school, hindering the services' retention rates. And President George W. Bush already has promised to veto any expansion of the bill.

The situation is frustrating for Anthony Allman, a senior political science student at UCLA and vice president of Student Veterans of America who enlisted in the Army in 2003.

Allman said he's watched a number of veterans drop out of school because of the financial pressures.

"Veterans don't go to school not because they don't want to but because it is not an accessible education," Allman said.

"The GI Bill is a chance to invest in what I view as the human capital vets bring to the table ... these guys have done three, four and five combat tours now.

"That leadership ability is invaluable and it is huge to liberate that with a degree so they can bring that to the civilian sector."

The economic squeeze has forced many veterans to get creative in making their federal dollars stretch.

"Many avoid using their GI funds during community college to save up the money for when they transfer to a four-year school," said Georgia Estrada, director of veteran and international student services at Mission College.

Daniel Spencer, 24, a counselor at the Veterans Affairs Center in Sepulveda, said financing their education often becomes a major stressor for already fragile combat veterans.

"Working with these guys, I can see how going back to school and the constant uncertainty of their situation really stresses these guys out," he said.

And Spencer knows firsthand how stressful it can be. He works full-time at the VA and is a senior at California State University, Northridge planning to transfer to law school next year.

Spencer completed his bachelor's degree in less than three years - about half the time it takes most students - in an effort to save his GI benefits for the first year of law school.

"It is not the ideal situation, but I have found ways to make it work," he said.

Salcedo, who is researching veterans in transition, worked two jobs to pay his bills while attending community college.

Now, he has filed a claim for disability benefits - for post-traumatic stress and obsessive compulsive disorders - that will pay for his tuition and living expenses.

But Salcedo knows it won't go far because his ambitious education plans include graduate school.

"If you can give veterans the best education possible, after they have served their time, why wouldn't you?" he asks.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_9442929?I ... breeze.com

[quote]All qualified students in California deserve the opportunity to attend an institution of higher learning, and the California DREAM Act brings us one step closer to that goal,â€

redpony353

Your on the job

thanks for the link

Calm down everyone - Nunez is just dreaming.
    Arnie just cut the education budget by 10%. Which means any new programs cannot be funded.
    Kind of like " No Child left Behind " - but worse.

Here is another zipcode for all of you 95320.

Arnie has vetoed this bill before. I remember because I kept sending him emails and he has never replied, but he vetoed the bill.

I always loved California, thought I was special because I was born on California's birthday in California's original capitol. Now I don't even like it.

Sometimes I feel so trapped in a foreign country. Believe me if it wasn't for taking care of my 93 year old mother-inlaw we would be out of here.

Being from Northern California, I don't think we really saw it coming. We always resented Southern California because most of the money and natural resources were in Northern California, but we have always had governors from Southern California because they had the majority of people.

As for San Francisco, that has been another story ever since Feinstein was mayor. San Francisco isn't full of Californians. That has been taken over by a certain segment from all over America. Like attracts like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast