Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    canuckincolorado,

I agree with JohnB2012 , get your friends involved with a writing campaign as he suggested in his post. Don't give up.

Let us know how you do, please!
    I was thinking of asking my freinds to sign a petition. I was going to include my original letter to Rep. Bob Beauprez and then have an extension page where people can electonically sign it and then forward it to his office. I'm not sure if it would do anything or not.

Letter to Congressman Bob Beauprez.

If anyone is interested, here is a copy of the letter that was sent to Congressman Bob Beauprez's offices. What I was thinking of doing is e-mailing this to some of my friends / customers. I would ask them to e-mail it to their friends and sign it either supporting or not supporting my cause. Any ideas?

To: Honorable Congressman Bob Beauprez
    Re: Alan Campbell

Dear Honorable Congressman Beauprez:

As you are a strong advocate of Legal Immigration to the United States of America, I come to you now with a case that may be of interest and concern to you.
    My name is Alan Campbell. I immigrated to Denver Colorado on Sept. 6th, 2001. I was transferred here by the company that I am presently employed by (**** Corporation). I immediately purchased a home with every intention of making the United States my home. I consider the USA my home above all and will defend it’s constitutions with all my heart.
    Recent events involving the immigration attorney that **** chose to use for Permanent Residency application and filings have changed my life. Without pointing a finger or using a slanderous tone, the inadequacies of the attorney are now causing me to have to leave my home. It has come, to say the least, as a shock and blow that I now have to leave my home and return to Canada.
    Everything to date involving my stay in the USA has been done legally and to the letter. Proper channels have been utilized and yet due to an oversight by the aforementioned attorney I will be asked to leave the country by August 7th. 2006.
    Congressman Beauprez, I come to you now, not as a charity case, nor someone begging for mercy… I feel that there enough immigrants carrying out this practice in this day and age. I am asking of you to please evaluate my situation and to discern if there is any possibility that you or your officers can do anything to champion my case.
    I, myself, feel that I have been and will always strive to be, a good citizen with strong morals and beliefs. I believe that there is good in everyone and all deserve a fighting chance to prove their worthiness in being a contributing member of society in America. An American. I have not come to the Untied States with an open hand looking for handouts. I have worked very hard to improve not just my way of life, but others around me. I have volunteered at the Denver Dumb Friends League as well as donated food to the shelter with bonus pay that I may earn from ****. I have sat on the Board of Directors for my community association, acting as the Secretary for one year and as a General Director for one year. I have been very active in the Adult Ice Hockey programs and have offered to volunteer my time to assist in coaching the youth players. I sponsored a family (through the Denver Rescue Mission) that was suffering at Christmas and didn’t have enough to offer their daughter for gifts, nor a meal. It was an amazing feeling to see the look on her and her families faces when they had a turkey and all of the fixings and bags of wrapped gifts to open on Christmas morning. All in all I feel that these are things that people should not do out of necessity but out of genuine heartfelt concern for the well being of humanity and the American Way. You get a little, you give a lot. I have formed life-long friendships here that are very dear to me. Everyone that I know has welcomed me with open arms and words of encouragement; everyone from my neighbors, ice hockey team, my customers, fellow employees and management and the general public.
    As an employee of **** Corp. USA for the past 5 years I have been successful in growing the business in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Montana. The job that I do helps to create jobs for the USA skilled work force. I offer manufacturers a better, more cost effective way and streamlined direction to build their equipment or expedite their processes. Sometimes enough to keep local businesses from having to look off-shore for alternative cost savings methods.
    In closing, all that I ask is that you please take the time to read this and let me know if there is absolutely anything you may carry out to help me stay in the USA. Granted, the USA will not fall apart without a single certain person, such as me, contributing to society. America is successful in so many ways and will continue to flourish with or without me but, I feel that I am someone that can help this country, in a small way not inconspicuous, to continue to be the most celebrated nation in the world.

Sincerely,
    Alan Campbell

Don't know about electronic signing. I had to hand sign my letter with a bunch of documentation about how long I knew her and what I knew of her, with personal info so I could be contacted. I was.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Don't know about electronic signing. I had to hand sign my letter with a bunch of documentation about how long I knew her and what I knew of her, with personal info so I could be contacted. I was.
    That's what I was concerned about. Electronic signing isn't really "thorough" enough to support something like this.

Some of my freinds / customers sent letters to him. Approx. 30 or so. I was eventually contacted by Bob Beauprez's office. I was basically told "there's nothing we can / will do". Some of the letters were from attorneys, doctors, welders and a minister.

"there's nothing we can / will do".
    Just don't believe that.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

"there's nothing we can / will do".
    Just don't believe that.
    Do you think that maybe Tom Tancredo's office would be a better option?

Great idea! Go for it!
    TIME'S UP!

Cong. Tancredo's office may be more sympathetic to your plight, but I don't know how much they can (or will) do when you are situated in another congressman's district. Try your Senators, too. Their state offices do client casework, too. What's your company doing now to help you? They could probably lean on legislators and get some results. Your company could probably do a lot and the attorney who screwed up your status should be held accountable!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    Cong. Tancredo's office may be more sympathetic to your plight, but I don't know how much they can (or will) do when you are situated in another congressman's district. Try your Senators, too. Their state offices do client casework, too. What's your company doing now to help you? They could probably lean on legislators and get some results. Your company could probably do a lot and the attorney who screwed up your status should be held accountable!
    I sent my letter to Congressman Tancredo in any case. At this point in time I don't seem to have much of a choice. The comapny that I work for is sometimes very reluctant to make waves or stand-up and be noticed. It is kind of their philosophy and that is something I cannot change.

I did, some time ago, send a letter to Senator Wayne Allard (R) Colorado. I recieved a response that I think was generated by someone else in his office, I cannot be 100% sure on that. I replied to that message and have received no response in return. I guess that in the grand scheme of things any one certain individual is not important. It's not that I am angry about that, it's somewhat understandable given a Senators role and how much they must do.

If you do a Google search for, "Deep Integration," a term I'd never heard before, you get a lot of links of Canadians opposed to unification with the U.S.

Possible good source of allies in our fight against a North American Union??

I also found this at Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_integration

It mentions something called the Task Force on the Future of North America. Ever heard of it? Me neither!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast