Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chertoff Preparedness Depends on People

Chertoff: Preparedness Depends on People By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Oct 31, 5:35 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Stockpiling supplies and developing family response plans in case disaster strikes not only might save lives â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is probably the first and last time I'll ever agree with them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's all fluff talk anyway. I wonder if we lined up three types of equpment and asked him to point at the one that is the emergency generator for the gas stations, if he'd get it right?

And in closing, may I only add that I've looked square into the eyes of this man, seen his soul, and somehow knew this would end up being the fault of "constituents".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh God, Judy! NOT ANOTHER SOUL SEARCHER!!! You are HILARIOUS!
    Do you also know "his HEART"??? Pretty cozy relationship you've got there, huh???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legal--you are now the expert on this issue and, from your experiences, would THREE days worth of food and water have solved the problem?? How many days were you without power?? I would also think that service stations would have to have some pretty powerful generators to keep gas flowing constantly for weeks so that suggestion seems unrealistic. Same with grocery stores. Another thing that NOBODY can prepare for is the lack of electricity when the temperatures are in the 90's and people are dropping like flies because of heat strokes like they did in France a couple of years ago. I would be willing to guess that there are MANY people who can't afford generators and generators need one precious commodity--GAS to run them.

Like I've said before--I am the PRO at preparing for emergencies but most people don't have money to stock up on weeks worth of commodities and commestibles, generators, and the like. Your Governor, who last week took the blame, is now passing it on to his constituents!! Now, we KNOW what his soul and heart look like. I was INFURIATED when I saw all of the lines for ice and water the very next day but, realistically, people could probably prepare for 3 days without those necessities but not much longer.

Michael Chertoff is just an total IDIOT. You're right, Judy, that he probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a jug of gas and a jug of water.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Chertoff is the man who as head of the criminal divison for the US Justice Department approved the torture of prisoners when "circumstances warranted".

Chertoff is also the man who as head of the cirminal division for the US Justice Department investigated 9/11 and completed his investigation in less than 30 days following the event.

Chertoff is also the man who as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security waited to read headlines in newspapers while having his breakfast to learn the details of Hurricane Katrina and whether or not he should be doing something.

I'm glad you liked my "looked into his eyes and seen his soul".

You know these are the words of the Wackident when he met with Putin and decided he could trust him.

Vicente and Putin are now plotting together.

Will Putin take Vicente's poor people or does Putin already have enough of his own?

The answer to this question could be one that saves the United States or doesn't and changes our world forever.

Stay Tuned.

"Good Night and Good Luck". Ed Murrow.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh yes. I KNOW Wackident saw Putin's SOUL! Boy, he must be blind as a BAT. He also knew Harriet Miers' HEART. Is this man PSYCHIC or something?? If so, he needs to go back to PSYCHIC SCHOOL because it ain't working!

Yep--Chertoff's qualifications are as follows:

1. He is Bush's CRONY

Oh well-- I can't think of the other ones this early in the morning. SURELY it will come to me!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

He's a lawyer.

Oh well, that explains it all! All of them are crooked (EXCEPT MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW!!).

I'm sure your daughter-in-law is an outstanding person and an outstanding attorney!!!

You always have to wonder about attorneys that work for the government when there is more work and money in private practice.

Was it to be in the public service and fight for Liberty and Justice For All?

Hmmm....well, not if the outcome is the Patriot Act, Torture of Prisoners, and Flood Victims Drowning in Their Attics while you munch on a bagel, read the headline "New Orleans Dodged a Bullet" and conclude "all is well".

Grrrrrrr!!!!

You know--we joke about it because I guess facing the reality of our preparedness is just too painful to imagine--but I am so frightened for our country if Chertoff, Michael Brown and Bush are examples of how our government officials would handle a terrorist attack.

Also--did you see Bush's little speech on the Avian Flu proposal yesterday? This is just GRANDSTANDING. His plan will be implemented by 2010! Now, who is STUPID ENOUGH to believe that we won't have an outbreak of Avian Flu in humans for FIVE MORE YEARS? And, I just read that the burden of acquiring stockpiles of anti-viral drugs and vaccines is going to fall on the individual states. Now, WHERE are the states going to come up with this kind of money???

Also--the World Health Organization recommends stockpiles for 25% of the population. Bush is asking for stockpiles of 10% OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS. Right now, we only have ON ORDER enough TamiFlu for 2% AND Roche has suspended shipment of the drug to the US anyway.

As usual--Bush is ALWAYS a day late and a dollar short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast