Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If gas stations keep power generators on hand, Chertoff argues, they can pump fuel for commuters to drive to work.
    Just how many workplaces could operate today without power?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

had_enuf--

GOOD ONE!!

Why would people need to buy gas to get to work if things are so bad, the gas stations don't have power? If the gas stations don't have power, NOBODY has power. If NOBODY has power, then Work Places don't have power. What employer wants to pay a bunch of people to come to work and stumble around in the dark?

See, this is another INCOMPETENT BUSH BOY!!

I'm telling you, we can expose him right now by calling a press conference wheeling in three pieces of equipment and asking him to point to the one that's an emergency generator.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe he's trying to promote Chinese generators! They'd probably be the cheapest on the market since they are built by sweat shops.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH NO, JUDY! You can't MEAN that you didn't think about THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL FOR SURVIVAL IMAGINABLE!! And, the good news is that they freeze well!! Can't tell a bit of difference and I've used some that I had had in the freezer for over a year. A couple of cartons seems like a good cushion!

I could just see us trying to deal with a disaster without our nicotine. We would be certifiable!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Whoa!! How much do you want to bet Dick Cheney and Michael Chertoff went into some sort of generator business together !?

QUICK UPDATE: Storm debris off the roads, more street lights up. Schools still out until next Monday. People without power becoming miserable. There are two classes of people here, the powerful and the not powerful. It's sad. I try to look a little depressed when I go somewhere so as not to make a person without power think that I might be happy because I have power. Everyone with power is doing that. The big question people ask each other is "Do you have power?" If you do, you quietly look around you, and then gently nod, "yes", then roll your eyes and then the other person with power rolls their eyes and then both people nod at each other and go on. If you think I'm kidding, come down and see. The ones with power feel extremely guilty for having it, the ones without feel extremely frustrated for not having it. It's really sad. Even worse, if they didn't get power by today, they were told the progress is going to go more slowly, because the easier work is now complete. roll: Imagine getting that news ? God, help them. Until you go several days without power, you can't believe how hard it gets. It's very hard to keep the spirits up after a certain amount of time passes.

I must have been posting mine the exact same time that you were posting yours, Legal! I can just SEE you ROLLING YOUR EYES when someone mentions the word "POWER"!! I KNOW the feeling because a couple of years ago, I was without power for 5 days because of an ice storm. It SEEMED LIKE everyone in town had power but me! The upside was that, after the first day, the roads were passable so I WAS able to go to family member's homes to take hot showers and wash my hair. I KNOW how difficult it is to be without and you are so right--unless you've experienced it, it's impossible to realize how HORRIBLE it is. We, as a nation, have just become so dependent on the little amenities of life like a hot shower, a cooked meal, heat or air conditioning that being without just is real culture shock. It sure makes us appreciates all of the things that are luxuries to people in 3rd world countries but have become necessities for us.

CHERTOFF AND CHENEY, INC.!!! Not at all difficult to imagine that Cheney would find some way to cash in on any disaster!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123