Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

With what you've disclosed here, it appears we're gonners if that virus goes human.

It almost sounds like a deliberate lack of preparedness.

He was asked a while back by the drug companies to help them produce the vaccine and he turned them down.

How many chances do you get to prepare for a threat of this magnitude before it's obvious, you don't give a Hoot?

I really believe this man is psychotic.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know--it's just SAD for the American people who are still convinced this man is doing a good job. And, if they are still so oblivious that they believe he's trying to come up with a workable plan, they need only look at the problems we had LAST year getting flu vaccine. They SWORE we were prepared for this year but that is absolutely NO SO. Doctors offices are not able to get the vaccine. Health Departments still don't have it here and SIXTEEN grocery and drug store chains had to cancel clinics they had scheduled within the next week or so because THEY CAN'T GET THE VACCINE.

This Avian flu threat of pandemic proportions will not wait for 5 more years. People have already contracted the virus from birds and the only thing that is missing is the ability of the virus to mutate to the point that it can be passed from human to human. I just feel like that will happen pretty quickly. Certainly, before 2010. AND, remember--they haven't even DEVELOPED a vaccine much less manufactured and stockpiled one. AND, they aren't SURE that the TamiFlu is going to be effective so we may be operating on a false assumption that acquiring more of that will be our salvation.

This was just a political thing that he used to shift the focus of his plummeting numbers away from Iraq, Libby, borders, deficit, and on and on and on. It didn't wash for me!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie said "it didn't wash for me."

Me neither.

The man is psychotic.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    You know--it's just SAD for the American people who are still convinced this man is doing a good job. And, if they are still so oblivious that they believe he's trying to come up with a workable plan, they need only look at the problems we had LAST year getting flu vaccine. They SWORE we were prepared for this year but that is absolutely NO SO. Doctors offices are not able to get the vaccine. Health Departments still don't have it here and SIXTEEN grocery and drug store chains had to cancel clinics they had scheduled within the next week or so because THEY CAN'T GET THE VACCINE.
    There are a lot of places giving flu shots in California. Doesn't appear there is a shortage here. In fact both my parents had no problems getting one 3 weeks ago. Maybe they are targeting the most populated areas first? I'm not trying to make excuses since the flu shots should be equally available throughout the United States, but at least in our state it is the first time in several years there hasn't been a shortage.

This Avian flu threat of pandemic proportions will not wait for 5 more years. People have already contracted the virus from birds and the only thing that is missing is the ability of the virus to mutate to the point that it can be passed from human to human. I just feel like that will happen pretty quickly. Certainly, before 2010. AND, remember--they haven't even DEVELOPED a vaccine much less manufactured and stockpiled one. AND, they aren't SURE that the TamiFlu is going to be effective so we may be operating on a false assumption that acquiring more of that will be our salvation.
    From what I heard there is no way to produce a vaccine until the virus mutates. They cannot produce and stockpile vaccines until the mutated virus appears. Any vaccines made now will have little to no effect on a new virus. Unfortunately it means we will have to wait until that happens, and I'm not counting on the government to come to the rescue either. There are too many examples to show they are not capable.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's true about the vaccine. They could, however, produce and stockpile TamiFlu which is the only anti-viral that has a POSSIBILITY of being effective.

I'm glad you have a good supply of the flu vaccine there.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

[quote]Chertoff's comments mark a new stage in Homeland Security's "Ready" campaign â€â€

Well, don't laugh but I have my duct tape and I have cut sheets of plastic to fit all of my doors and windows!!! And, the rest of those supplies they suggested are stacked up in see-through boxes in my basesment so, if we run into a "situation", y'all know where to come!!

Yep....me too on the duct tape and plastic. Bought it 2 or 3 years ago. Better check on it make sure it's all still in good condition.

Well...we used to say "wonders never cease"!!

Now, '"worries never cease".

Have you got your cigarettes in the freezer???

BOOTSIE!! No, I've never even thought about it. MY GOD, I'll have to get stocked up. I could never endure a disaster and nicotine withdrawal at the same time!

Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast