Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If this guy wanted to do something so horrific and hadn't been armed, he would have used another method which might have had the potential to be even more deadly.

* * The pres of the college was on the news making a statement that they didn't cancel classes because they thought that the problem was contained in the one area. {paraphrazed}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Gunman kills 32 at Virginia Tech before being killed
    (http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/343 ... 07.article)

April 16, 2007

BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist
    Authorities were investigating whether the gunman who killed 32 people on the Virginia Tech campus in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history was a Chinese man who arrived in the United States last year on a student visa.

The 24-year-old man arrived in San Francisco on United Airlines on Aug. 7 on a visa issued in Shanghai, the source said. Investigators have not linked him to any terrorist groups, the source said.

Police believe three bomb threats on the campus last week may have been attempts by the man to test the campus’ security response, the source said...

I heard the president of the college say something very odd...
    He said, they didn't lock down the college because they felt that he had left the campus and probably even the state...

Now, why would they assume that?
    What did they know that would lead them to believe he would flee the state?
    They must have felt confident that he was gone if they allowed classes to continue. This was a horrible situation but I can't help but feel that if they had acted with caution (after all there was a gunman who had murdered twice) unaccounted for. Why did they think he was done?

It doesn't add up to me
    Also, wow, he must be some shot. He managed to fatally injure 31 students and also injure 20 + more. I am sure they weren't all just sitting there still for him. He must have had some serious training..
    I don't like this at all and I am not buying that it is a domestic squabble gone bad.
    Also, just looming in the back of my cob webby mind is the fact that we have a Chinese American SPY on trial right now......just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    I heard the president of the college say something very odd...
    He said, they didn't lock down the college because they felt that he had left the campus and probably even the state...

Now, why would they assume that?
    What did they know that would lead them to believe he would flee the state?
    They must have felt confident that he was gone if they allowed classes to continue. This was a horrible situation but I can't help but feel that if they had acted with caution (after all there was a gunman who had murdered twice) unaccounted for. Why did they think he was done?

It doesn't add up to me
    Also, wow, he must be some shot. He managed to fatally injure 31 students and also injure 20 + more. I am sure they weren't all just sitting there still for him. He must have had some serious training..
    I don't like this at all and I am not buying that it is a domestic squabble gone bad.
    Also, just looming in the back of my cob webby mind is the fact that we have a Chinese American SPY on trial right now......just saying.
    I totally agree on that one. He had to have some sort of training. How did he reload without getting bum-rushed by the students?
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Officials said they thought it was domestic-a murder suicide. Then turn right around and say they were questioning a "person of interest" off campus.

Unless they found a weapon within reach of one of the dorm victims, that's a stupid assumption. Only thing they've mentioned is two weapons from the 2nd scene being sent for testing.

Since they didn't have anybody in custody as soon as the first shooting happened, they should have locked down the campus.

An engineering professor on tv this morning said at least three of his colleagues were killed.

This guy had an agenda.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also, just looming in the back of my cob webby mind is the fact that we have a Chinese American SPY on trial right now......
    Yes, Chi Mak is his name.

And, recall the recent squabble over Chinese paper products into the US too... (That's our government's 'get tough' policy regarding cheap Chinese imports...)

In general terms. US-Chinese relations were already going south to some extent. It'll be interesting (or probably be depressing, if the current administration's past behavior is any indication) to see how our government deals with China on this. They 'send' their 'students' (this 'student' appears to have had at least a little training) here and they go terrorize a campus by killing 32 and wounding many more - and... I have heard of no official communications between the US and China about it?

If the reverse were to happen you would bet the Chinese government would be pounding the details into the ground.

Did anyone catch Cavuto's [phone] interview with the parent of a Columbine victim whose name was Rich Petrone yesterday?

He said something very, very interesting. He was nearly screaming to Cavuto that 'officials will try to silence and bury the details' and explained that is what happened at Columbine. I realize that law enforcement requires some discretion for investigative purposes, but... something still is not right here (IHMO).

Also - it is too ironic for me to say that the deadliest shooting in US history' was done by a non-American. What the he$$ does that mean?

And... by catching a few more details on cable news this am...

Now, they are officially acknowledging that the gunman WAS a student at VTU. So, why the first denial and later admission?

I have a theory - which I'll keep to myself for the time being.

But... I do want to know one simple thing: was the student actually enrolled in and/or attending classes during the current semester?

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    But... I do want to know one simple thing: was the student actually enrolled in and/or attending classes during the current semester?
    Student visa holders are supposed to be enrolled. That's not saying that he was though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I have been avoiding this story today until there is more information, but the facts don't seem to be adding up, do they?
    I too have been waiting. I usually watch Fox but the lead on this story seems to have been assigned to their resident egomaniacal, opportunistic, narcissistic, pandering, appeasing non-journalist (Geraldo of course). Thus, I've come here for the VT news.
    '58 Airedale

The university is going to have a news conference here shortly (as of 6:15am Pacific). Fox and CNN will televise. There is supposed to be more information released about the perp.

Now shooter is rumored to be either Chinese or Korean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast