Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    It's amazing what happens when the law is actually enforced. Just the mention of enforcement sends the illegal invaders packing!
    Here's hoping that they won't find another job and go home. this needs to happen all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Great news! I love Chipotle but haven't been to one for awhile. When I did go most all the workers were hispanic. I wonder if that has changed any around here.

Always good news when jobs are taken away from illegals and opened up for especially the younger workers who need a job. Besides needing the money, it tends to help keep them out of trouble as they have less time to roam, teaches responsibility, gives them some feeling of empowerment that they can "do it", along with some self-respect.

My kids are well into adult age - youngest 25 - and they all say that having to work part-time to have money for spending, car insurance, extras taught them a lot. One daughter who had a lot of more affluent friends in school said she has seen some struggle because of having been too coddled and given everything without having to have worked for any of it. They were far behind her in maturity. She even said that she is now glad for having to work even if she didn't like it much then. =)
    This is a good thing that is happening because, high school kids haven't been able to find summer jobs for the past couple of summers and that in itself is a shame. I myself would like to find pt employment but, as we all know, illegals are the chosen ones when it comes to jobs in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    What would be nice is if they kept low prices and took some money away from the executive staff for making these stupid decisions.

Having owned a restaurant in Arizona I refuse to eat in a restaurant that is staffed predominently by Hispanics. I have my reasons which I won't state because I will be referred to as a racist.
    What's funny is the mexican and some Japanese restaurants are the only places I know of to openly be allowed to discriminate and ONLY hire one race.

I was told by a mexican that could not speak English at a Ruby Tuesdays that "we no hire".

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    "Put youth back to work " You guys need to see the ton of Americans over 40 are applying, fighting and have been waiting for these jobs.
    I know because I'm out there too. Unemployed adults will work two or three
    jobs if thats what it takes.

If you get the kids to work......Bonus....

I despise the attitude that construction, trades or service jobs are for the kids, the poor or uneducated.

Millions if not tens of millions of us "older Americans" don't want a inside
    office, desk job, or freaking nasty sales job. We are not accountants for
    anyone but ourselves!

If I want a dish washing job next week I don't want to have to fight an illegal alien for it. Whether I am 16 or 79! And I don't care where the illegal alien dishwasher came from!

No disrespect but some time comments about construction, trades, and service jobs from some. And God Bless Them!
    They sound like the pro- illegal side.

Jobs only third world idiots or children would do. And thats just
    plain Ignorant!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME TRUTHFUL POST! You hit it spot on! I've worked my whole life 27 years of it and now these people get hired before me and your right we should not have to fight ANY foreigners for ANY jobs regardless legal but especially not the ILLEGAL ones!

There are 27 million people getting unemployment going on 3 years and a ton of Americans are stuck in foreign countries. when the benefits stop and they have to all heck will break loose. (Which I feel is Democrats/Barry literally buying votes)

YOU can't replace 27 million jobs on top of the of all the over seas businesses that have screwed Americans, but in the end greed and our very own government is the cause. They take too much from EVERYONE!

We have to take them from those that took them from us!

Why if we are having so many money woes are we paying for anything for illegal immigrants and the anchor babies? Why? Why are we giving any country trillions like Hati but WE have 27 million unemployed, we have million of homeless and hungry why are they giving ANYTHING away?

Until we take back control of our government that has every excuse in the world to continue bilking it's citizens rich and poor alike nothing will change.

I've heard the old "10 percent of the people pay 50 percent" of all taxes mumbo jumbo,

well it's because that small 10 % has 98% of all the frigging money!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickydude
    Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    What would be nice is if they kept low prices and took some money away from the executive staff for making these stupid decisions.

Having owned a restaurant in Arizona I refuse to eat in a restaurant that is staffed predominently by Hispanics. I have my reasons which I won't state because I will be referred to as a racist.
    What's funny is the mexican and some Japanese restaurants are the only places I know of to openly be allowed to discriminate and ONLY hire one race.

I was told by a mexican that could not speak English at a Ruby Tuesdays that "we no hire".
    Ditto! Excellent observation.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION IN UTAH TODAY!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-230917.html

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    "Put youth back to work " You guys need to see the ton of Americans over 40 are applying, fighting and have been waiting for these jobs.
    I know because I'm out there too. Unemployed adults will work two or three
    jobs if thats what it takes.

If you get the kids to work......Bonus....

I despise the attitude that construction, trades or service jobs are for the kids, the poor or uneducated.

Millions if not tens of millions of us "older Americans" don't want a inside
    office, desk job, or freaking nasty sales job. We are not accountants for
    anyone but ourselves!

If I want a dish washing job next week I don't want to have to fight an illegal alien for it. Whether I am 16 or 79! And I don't care where the illegal alien dishwasher came from!

No disrespect but some time comments about construction, trades, and service jobs from some. And God Bless Them!
    They sound like the pro- illegal side.

Jobs only third world idiots or children would do. And thats just
    plain Ignorant!
    I hate any illegal taking a job in the USA. I am just glad to see a citizen get the job no matter what age, race, or trade. I have boycotted a few restaurants, including Chipoltes. I now research before hiring construction workers for projects on my home. I want to see employers who hire illegals lose their business license jailed, and fined heavily.

Chipotle says "lost" 40 illegal workers in capital
    By Lisa Baertlein

LOS ANGELES | Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc has "lost" about 40 workers in two of its Washington, D.C., restaurants after an internal review showed they were not authorized to work in the United States.

The company said on Friday the workers recently left their jobs and declined to give details on the restaurants affected. At the end of 2010, Chipotle had eight restaurants in Washington, D.C.

On Tuesday, Chipotle co-Chief Executive Monty Moran said "very, very few" employees had left their jobs at the chain's restaurants in the nation's capital and Virginia since getting notice that U.S. immigration officials were auditing its roughly 60 restaurants in the area.

Just a few months ago, a similar federal immigration audit resulted in the firing of 450 undocumented workers at the chain's roughly 50 Minnesota restaurants.

The burrito chain is a Wall Street darling, in part because its labor costs are lower than for most of its peers.

The company, whose motto "Food with Integrity" is based on serving meats from naturally raised animals and other premium food, already has taken a margin hit from worker upheaval in Minnesota and investors worry further disruptions could take a bigger bite out of profits.

Former workers for the chain say Chipotle restaurants, in general, have 20 to 35 workers per unit.

Miguel Bravo, 29, told Reuters he and about 20 other undocumented workers at the Columbia Heights restaurant in Washington, D.C. were replaced with a new crew on Wednesday.

Bravo said that, when he and his co-workers went to the back of the restaurant to ask a company representative why their manager had just been fired, a new crew came in through the front door and took their assigned places in the restaurant.

"We did not look for any conflict and decided to leave," he said. "We understood that this was obviously a dismissal, but they made it seem like we abandoned our jobs."

Bravo said a similar large dismissal of workers happened last week at the Chipotle in the capital's Woodley Park neighborhood.

"As we indicated earlier in the week, we have seen some people leave their jobs since the audits began in Washington, D.C., and Virginia, but not in significant numbers," Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold said in an email to Reuters on Friday.

"Over the last couple of days, we lost about 40 employees (many of whom left on their own) at two of our Washington, D.C., restaurants having learned that they are not legally authorized to work in this country," Arnold said.

He declined to say how many workers in total have been displaced in Washington, D.C., and Virginia.

In February, co-CEO Moran told Reuters: "We have always taken this issue very seriously and, over the last five years, we have done a great deal to improve our systems and our document review capabilities and procedures."

At that time, he also told Reuters Chipotle performs two document reviews for each employee hired, one by the hiring manager and another by its human resources department.

Arnold did not respond to a question on Friday about why it was able to identify illegal workers now, when it had systems in place before.

Chipotle, which owns and operates its restaurants, is one of the highest profile employers to come under the scrutiny of ICE since the agency shifted its focus two years ago to probing employer hiring rather than snaring workers in surprise workplace raids.

The shares in Chipotle, which had 26,500 employees at year end, closed down 46 cents, or 0.2 percent, at $252.76 on the New York Stock Exchange.

www.reuters.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Arnold did not respond to a question on Friday about why it was able to identify illegal workers now, when it had systems in place before.
    Probably because, for the past 6-7 years or so, employers like Chipotle were hoping and waiting for Congress to pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform, or a Guest-Worker program, in which case they would no longer have to worry about being audited or raided.

One might think that there wasn't much of a chance for the Obama Administration to pass an Amnesty within the past 2 years, but sometimes I wonder. Obama wanted to pass Nationalized Health Care shortly after being inagurated, and then work immediately on an Amnesty. Through election fraud in 2008, they had recently obtained the magic number of 60 Senators. (They "found" hundreds of missing votes for Al Franken, and turncoat Arlen Specter had transformed into a Democrat).

When the Senate would have passed Obamacare with a filibuster-proof 60 votes, and then pass Amnesty, it would have been easy for the Democrat-majority House to agree to the proposed Amnesty.

What was totally unexpected was when Ted Kennedy passed away. And at least as unexpected was when Republican Scott Brown defeated Martha Coakley for the Senate seat. The Senate no longer had the magic number of 60 votes, falling one short. It took an extra 6 months, at least, to pass Obamacare. There was practically no more time left for Congress to propose Amnesty for 20 million illegal aliens. And it's just as well. Let's uncover some more illegal activity, and put unemployed Americans back to work.

I am only one person and my action may not make a difference......but.....I WILL not spend money with any business that hires illegals.

After leaving the business I always follow up with a letter or phone call to the manager, explaining why I will not be back!!

The only way employers will stop hiring illegals is to be hurt in the pocket book.....If every American stopped spending money with a business that hires illegals and follow up with a phone cal, telling them why they would not be back, perhaps it would put a "dent" in hiring illegals!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast