Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That's why I stopped giving money to my church.

April
    Dixie wrote:

The church and the illegals will be going against Biblical direction so they will get what they will have coming.

Sit back and watch the show.

Romans 12:19
    "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

churches that harbor illegals

It is not the right of churches to harbor illegals. In Bible times there were no laws concerning aliens...they were strangers in a strange land. These people who come here and don't want to take the time to learn about the history of our country and learn the English language do not get my respect. Many of my ancestors came here the legal way as hard as that could be at times. So why all of a sudden do they have the right to do otherwise. I am a conservative Christian but do not support these actions which are against the law.
    <u>Sharlee</u>

Re: churches that harbor illegals

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee
    It is not the right of churches to harbor illegals. In Bible times there were no laws concerning aliens...they were strangers in a strange land. These people who come here and don't want to take the time to learn about the history of our country and learn the English language do not get my respect. Many of my ancestors came here the legal way as hard as that could be at times. So why all of a sudden do they have the right to do otherwise. I am a conservative Christian but do not support these actions which are against the law.
    WELCOME SHARLEE,
    Great bunch of people here to work with and lots of information about what is happening around the country!! So much better than feeling like you are alone in this!!

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Rev. Alexia Salvatierra, executive director of Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE), said Monday that Christians will fight to prevent families from being divided when illegal immigrant parents are deported, leaving behind children who are legal residents.

She said the religious community has "a tradition of being the voice for those who have no voice."

She said each participating church would adopt a "decent, law-abiding family."

Salvatierra did not reveal further details of the project, but suggested that it could violate prohibitions on giving aid to illegal immigrants. "There are traditions," she said, "of moments when it is God's call to break the law."

He said that FRC doesn't believe the government should dictate how Christians respond to illegal immigrants and that the organization believes churches should be allowed to offer charity to illegal immigrants without facing punishment. "It's not their job to look for green cards," McClusky said of charities.

I think if she wants to do charity work, she has the right to. Do you expect revs to stand out side a church and ask for green cards?? They dont even do that at night clubs. And thats not a job for a church to do, thats a job for ice.

"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you,"

I think thats nice. Im putting that as my singature.

Christ would be aghast at what is proposed by these self-serving ministers in HIS NAME
    You know he wouldnt. Why is charity a bad thing?

Therefore, it is a sin, rebellion against God, to illegally immigrate into another country.
    Sin? Im pretty sure God didnt make a dont help any poor illegal alien law. Any way I want to hear the story about how your ancestors came here. What was there reason to come, and how your wonderful opportunity was given. Unless your a Native then I completley understand (my uncle is a Native) because if your not a native Im sure your ancestors got you here somehow. You can thank them for that.
    <div align="center">"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you,"
    </div>

<u><div align="center"><u>WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG</u></div></u>

April
    NEWBREED wrote:

I completley understand (my uncle is a Native) because if your not a native Im sure your ancestors got you here somehow. You can thank them for that.
    Yes I appreciate so much that my ancestors went through the correct legal avenues to come into this country and become citizens. There was no sneaking across the border scrunched up in a dashboard. There was no whining about rights they did not earn. It was a dignified entry into the country that all the generations coming after them can be proud of! SO YES A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO THEM!

Here is another thought....don't reward illegals in any way for breaking the law!!!

Here is my response from Barack Obama:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Elvira Arellano. You raise some important concerns.

While I understand the perspective of Ms. Arellano, her family, and her supporters, I believe her case, along with many others throughout Illinois, sheds light on the need for comprehensive immigration reform. Congress has made clear that private relief bills are an impractical response to immigration cases that deal with circumstances facing large numbers of immigrants. Given that there are millions of people in mixed-status families, I do not believe that a private bill for Ms. Arellano provides a viable solution. So I do not support such a private bill, and will instead continue to press for a comprehensive immigration reform package to solve our illegal immigrant crisis for the benefit of all current U.S. citizens, and for new immigrants.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

United States Senator

Another traitor!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123