Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

CO-Fake immigration letter scares illegal immigrants

Fake immigration letter scares illegal immigrants
    written by: Jace Larson 8 hrs ago Toolbox: Read Comments (60)Recommend (1)Print Article Email Article Smaller Larger

DENVER - A fake letter sent to at least one illegal immigrant demands that she turn herself in to Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) workers.

ICE confirms the letter dated July 3 did not come from its office, but it does not know its origin.

The letterhead says United States Department of State, Immigration and Naturalization Detention Center. It has an address for a similar facility in Aurora.

However, ICE is a part of the Department of Homeland Security, not the State Department.

"It is not our job as citizens to try and instill fear and hate within the community in an effort to do what the federal government should be doing," said immigration attorney Jeff Joseph.

Joseph found out about the letter after an admitted illegal immigrant brought the letter to him seeking legal advice.

"She's a homeowner. She came and said, 'Should I put my house up for sale? Should I start preparing to go back to Mexico?' For her, she was petrified by the letter," he said.

"I think it fringes on being a hate crime because its purpose is to instill fear and get people to react in a certain way based on a perceived ethnicity," said Joseph.

"The fact that the federal government is not doing its job is not a reason for vigilantes to go out there and do the job for the federal government. Just because I see someone speeding doesn't mean I'm going to run out there in front of cars and wave my hands and turn them over to police," Joseph said.

ICE Spokesman Carl Rusnok said he has received two reports of the fake letter, but was unsure if a single letter generated multiple reports.

Joseph has called on ICE and the FBI to investigate.

Rusnok told 9NEWS ICE is not currently investigating.

To contact investigative reporter Jace Larson, e-mail him at jace.larson@9news.com.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=96578
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How could she be a homeowner if she's illegal? Are illegals part of the reason for the recent collapse of 2 big mortgage lenders?

hate crime?

"I think it fringes on being a hate crime because its purpose is to instill fear and get people to react in a certain way based on a perceived ethnicity," said Joseph.

Hate crime? I'll tell you the hate crime: Feds, Chamber of Commerce hating US citizens by allowing illegals to destroy our culture.

Anything for a buck huh buddy . If she's Illegal she doesn't have a leg to stand on . oh yeah , HOW did she buy a home ? This Country is Crooked as can be now and our money bail them out ! Don't it just make ya so proud (sic)?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Re: hate crime?

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi

Hate crime? I'll tell you the hate crime: Feds, Chamber of Commerce hating US citizens by allowing illegals to destroy our culture.
    How right you are, jonhaloi! Hate crime because of her ethnicity? LOL. Don't think so! Looks like someone KNOWS she's an illegal alien and maybe that's the reason she got this letter.

I can tell you from experience that illegal aliens who own homes love to brag about how they were able to game the system to buy the homes. She may have bragged to someone who lost a home or about to, or someone who lost a job. People get understandably angry when they hear this.
    My advice? She should sell and go back home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

"She's a homeowner. She came and said, 'Should I put my house up for sale? Should I start preparing to go back to Mexico?' For her, she was petrified by the letter," he said.
    YES! Sell and get out of my country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by daggul
    How could she be a homeowner if she's illegal? Are illegals part of the reason for the recent collapse of 2 big mortgage lenders?
    Apparently they can own houses. And LaRaza was just given millions as part of the mortgage house relief bill to help Hispanic (only) home owners.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If there was any 'hate" involved here, could it have been due to the fact she was illegal and not hispanic? Next, we are going to be told those who have entered this country in violation of federal law and thus illegal, are a protected class!

Too bad the letter was not real!

She's a homeowner. She came and said, 'Should I put my house up for sale? Should I start preparing to go back to Mexico?' For her, she was petrified by the letter," he said.

Big freaking deal....."she's a homeowner" She's an illegal alien with no business owning a home in this country is what she is.

Did this attorney inform her that as a criminal in this country she is expected to abide by our laws? Did he advise her to leave, return to Mexico and perhaps try to come in legally?

I'll bet he did not

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    She's a homeowner. She came and said, 'Should I put my house up for sale? Should I start preparing to go back to Mexico?' For her, she was petrified by the letter," he said.

Big freaking deal....."she's a homeowner" She's an illegal alien with no business owning a home in this country is what she is.

Did this attorney inform her that as a criminal in this country she is expected to abide by our laws? Did he advise her to leave, return to Mexico and perhaps try to come in legally?

I'll bet he did not
    Of course he didn't AZ! heaven forbid we ever suggest the illegal invader must obey the law! That would have been politically incorrect to do so!!! The illegal invader would have lodged a complaint against this attorney with the state bar! That's how insane this whole issue has become...

I'm being sarcastic...but i'm probably not too far off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast