Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Coming Latino Revolt

The Senate is set to vote on a controversial immigration bill. If it fails, Rep. Luis Gutiérrez tells Bryan Curtis he’s prepared to ditch Obama and the Democrats—and take the movement to the streets.

It’s zero hour for the DREAM Act, a bit of immigration legislation that has taken on a hulking importance among Hispanic leaders. For two years, Barack Obama failed—or, if you prefer, refused—to nudge along a major immigration bill. The last-ditch hope is that departing Democrats, and a few Republicans, somehow band together in the lame-duck session and pass a law allowing illegal immigrants who came to the United States as minors to gain citizenship. Harry Reid promised to bring up the bill for a Senate cloture vote this week. Republicans vowed to scuttle it, just as they did in September.

But as Chicago congressman Luis Gutiérrez prepares for a rally at a church in Brooklyn a few weeks before the vote, the DREAM Act seems like the end of his interest in congressional gamesmanship rather than the start. Gutiérrez is one of several Hispanic leaders who have found themselves politically estranged from the president. Moreover, they are numbed by the legislative process that denied them a vote on immigration reform, much less a victory, when Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. “If we couldn’t do it when Democrats were nearly 260 in the House and 59 in the Senate, how do we propose to tell people we can do it now?â€
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope they do it because I could sell Mexican flags for 5 bucks each and fund my group to bring in E-Verify. I hope this "civil rights" movement comes to pass as it would bring over the most NAAIVE & GULLIBLE Americans & throw a big wrench for the globalists always spouting about the ECONOMY!
    GO FOR IT!

Gutiérrez’s dual roles as a powerful legislator and civil-rights leader put him in the crosshairs, too. Some of the students who would become eligible for citizenship under the DREAM Act have tweeted at Gutiérrez, asking him to stop appearing on cable TV on their behalf.
    Did I miss something here? Why would they not want him squacking on their behalf?

I hope he does this I belive he will offend african americans when he compares his struggle to theirs in my opinion he's a fool and african americans were ripped from their homes and shoved into boats to be brought here aginst their will. This guy seems to think that choosing to sneak illegally into a country looking to make a quick buck is the same thing!

This is not a civil rights issue. It's an immigration issue. No one's rights have been threatened, except the rights o US citizens to live in a country of citizens and legal residents. Americans don't owe these people anything, not a dime, not a seat, not a job, nothing.

Watching them "revolt" against the people of the United States for rights they don't and won't ever have to remain in our country in violation of US law and the will of the American People should be ... well ... down right entertaining.

And whoever thinks Luis Guiterrez is a "handsome man" needs a new pair of eyes. I can't stand to look at him or that big mouth.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    And whoever thinks Luis Guiterrez is a "handsome man" needs a new pair of eyes. I can't stand to look at him or that big mouth.
    And he spits when he talks.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    This is not a civil rights issue. It's an immigration issue. No one's rights have been threatened, except the rights o US citizens to live in a country of citizens and legal residents. Americans don't owe these people anything, not a dime, not a seat, not a job, nothing.

Watching them "revolt" against the people of the United States for rights they don't and won't ever have to remain in our country in violation of US law and the will of the American People should be ... well ... down right entertaining.

Judy, you are right. This is NOT a civil rights issue. It is criminal behavior being carried out by criminals demanding rights they are not entitled to. Deportation and then sealing the border is the only answer, otherwise this will be a non-ending battle!

Watching them revolt will likely NOT be very entertaining. It will turn violent as their actions and words in the past have demonstrated.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

This, then, is the dilemma for Hispanic leaders: They find themselves wedded to a president and a party that is their only conceivable hope to pass immigration reform. But the president and the party—because of the GOP, or because of internal priorities—could not pass immigration reform.
    Wrong, ya wee little runt, it's because WE THE PEOPLE said HELL NO! Got it now?
    "

Guiterrez thinks that some people for whatever reason have a special right to come to the U. S. and then demand special benefits that nobody else gets. And then demand that the rest of us pay for it. But if we don't give him these special privileges he thinks he has a right to force it by demonstrating, protesting, etc. The man is irrational and should not be in Congress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast