Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Section 5 of the 14th amendment gives Congress the power to enforce the amendment. Congress just has to pass a law prohibiting citizenship to anyone born in the U. S. whose parents are not legally in the U. S. and the President whould have to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai7965
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I'm uncertain if the U.S. would need to amend the Constitution or would simply need to pass a resolution clarifying the interpretation of the current 14th amendment. The issue seems to be "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

That is correct. We want proper interpretation...not an amendment which can open a whole new can of worms.

Graham suggesting an amendment to the Constitution makes me wonder what he has in mind.

He is a real snake and not to be trusted.

You got that right...the majority of them all are slithering snakes and are not to be trusted....

These fools will say they haven't read the bill well I wouldn't believe that, they read it alright, other wise how would they know to stick some unconstitutional attachment into it under the cover of night....

Kathyet

Quote:
    "'One of the leading members of the Republican Party today, Bobby Jindal, would not have been a citizen of the United States under the proposals that are being floated ... His mother was apparently on a student visa in the United States when she had him here,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even if both of Jindal's parents didn't have green cards, if they got green cards and became citizens before he turned 18 he would have automatically been a citizen also, if over 18 he could have naturalized on his own.

This is such a bogus argument, what they leave out is all the "American citizen" terrorists like Hamdi who were born in the US to foreign visitors or illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would prefer the clarification to say that one parent must be a citizen for a child to receive citizenship. Being legally here brings a great many millions of people who may not remain, or who should not remain, or who overstay their visa, etc. To birth a citizen, at least one parent should be a citizen. We have too many freeloaders from foreign nations, and millions are using the birthright citizenship as their entry for freebies and entitlements, at taxpayer expense.

Make calls and send emails to your representatives to support clarification on the 14th amendment, excluding illegal aliens. It is an amnesty for illegal alien family members.

Psalm 23, it is written, "The Lord is my Shepherd"
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12