Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deputies charge man in Lincolnton slaying

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/default ... 0&VA=16630

Top Stories

Deputies charge man in Lincolnton slaying
    by: Lisa Brown
    (7/28/200
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 25-year-old Hispanic man was arrested after allegedly killing a Lincolnton man Sunday night.

Otto Rene Sandoval Aguirre, Lincolnton, was arrested on charges of attempted first-degree murder, Larry Seagle, public information officer for the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department, said.

“He and three other people are in custody but Aguirre is the only one charged,â€
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Well here is the response I got back from the sherriff ... I think I may have pee'd him off alittle, but then I bet he is as frustrated as we are .

Ms. Lockridge,

I suspect that I will never have an answer that will be satisfactory to you, but I will try. Both the suspect and victim in this recent case are illegal. As far as being "my problem" I have never said that it wasn't. However I do not have the authority to "round up" and "lock up" all Hispanics or persons of Latin descent. The three previous Sheriff's before me (Pickens, Kiser and Crouse) never locked up a single illegal immigrant....why all of a sudden do you want me to do something that they all knew they couldn't do. Just this January 1st the North Carolina state legislature passed a law that allows us (law enforcement) to make an inquiry into the legal status of Hispanics that we arrest for OTHER crimes....before this law was passed we didn't have legal authority to even check their status! The Lincoln County jail has a maximum capacity of 168 inmates. Most of the time we run at 90% which means we have room for only about 10 to 20 inmates before we get full. Where would you like me to put the hundreds, perhaps thousands of illegal immigrants in Lincoln County? Can we use your home? It cost $65 a day to house one inmate. I don't think the tax payers of Lincoln County would want me providing, food, medical, dental, and all of the other amenities that inmates receive to a jail full of immigrants. If my jail is full of illegal immigrants, where will I put the murderers, rapists, child molesters, robbers and thieves? Can we use your home? We do notify the feds when we lock up an illegal. After we notify the feds the usual response back is...give the illegal his court date (in Atlanta) and release them. In the rare cases where they tell us to detain them we can only hold them for a "reasonable" amount of time before we must either release them or insist that the feds come and pick them up. For over 50 years the federal government has been in charge of securing our border with Mexico and it has been a dismal failure. Now since 9-11 the feds have asked local law enforcement and local taxpayers to clean up the mess they have created. Why are we paying federal taxes for a border patrol agency if they are not going to do their job? I applied for ICE 287(g) the first year of my administration (2007). I have yet to be approved by the feds. 287(g) is an ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) law that authorizes local law enforcement agencies to enforce immigration laws. However several agencies in North Carolina have been approved and using 287(g), however the end result has been less than what was hoped for. There are no holding facilities for all of the illegals and even after local law enforcement has arrested them and held them for the feds, the feds in many cases let them go for want of a place to house them. The problem of illegal immigrants begins at the border and ends in the federal courts of this country. Until the federal government changes its policy nothing will change. By-the-way we charged two illegals with first degree murder...under federal law they can be deported to their home country and never serve one day in prison. Before I forget, when we arrest one of these illegals he/she is entitled to free legal representation...at taxpayer expense also and if at the time we lock them up they are receiving any medical care...the taxpayer must pick up the bill and continue their medical care for as long as they sit in our jail. Illegals aren't exempt from the law...when they break it they will go to jail when caught.

Tim L. Daugherty
    Sheriff of Lincoln County
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

I don't like the snippy tone of this man's eMail to you but I can certainly feel the frustration coming from it. Because of our backwards laws, police basically have thier hands tied. Maybe you should refer him to Sheriff Joe. He seems to have places to put the illegals. Maybe this is what your county needs- a "holding tank" to house them and get them deported asap.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sheriff Daugherty:

As our county's top law enforcement officer, I must say I am a bit shocked at your penchant for dramatics and loss of objectivity on the issue of immigration enforcement. Nobody is advocating that you round up "Hispanics". Furthermore, the idea of housing prisoners in my home is a ludicrous distraction from the subject at hand.

Even with the new authority granted to you by the state of North Carolina, thanks to the hard work of activists like myself, you had the authority to do so, since the passage of Federal laws that empowered you in 1996! Granted, the Justice Department ruling on these laws were witheld from all Americans, until just a few years ago.

Why is it incumbent for you to act where prior Sheriff's did not? Well, there are two reasons. One, the multiple federal programs, state laws, and justice department rulings have only recently come to light or existence. Two, a few short years back we did not have half a million illegal aliens in our state, however, now we do.

You are to be commended for applying for the 287(g) program. The Department of Homeland Security is holding back applications claiming a lack of resources, but I believe this is because of the pro-amnesty agenda of the Bush administration.

There are several other programs, besides 287(g) you can use. Please let me know, if you want me to send you details about these.

Other Americans and I will worry about the Feds doing their job right, and in the meantime we need you to do your job right.

You need to use the full power of the law and all programs available to screen every person who enters your jails, that you even remotely suspect may be foreign born. You should not just screen "Hispanics" as that is against the spirit of our laws and illegal aliens are from many nations and are many ethnicities. I want you to screen, detect, and hold illegal aliens from Central America, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Russia!

If you need more funds for this, then ask the County Commission for help. If you need more funds for this, let me know and we can help you come out with a public appeal and we will throw you a fundraiser. If you were to announce to the media next week that you need more money to protect Lincoln County citizens from loss of life, limb, and property from illegal aliens, then you will be pleasantly surprised at the outpouring of financial and political support.

I hope you will focus more on protecting our citizens, by focusing on the facts and the job we expect you to do, instead of finger pointing and using unsubstantiated allegations of racial profiling. A Zogby poll from April 2005 tells us that 81% of your constituents want you to enforce immigration laws.

You do your part and then let us all work together to get the other parts of the system working correctly.

I look forward to your reply and to the news that you will seek the necessary funding to take steps immediately.

Otherwise, I will release copies of our correspondence to the media and other Lincoln County residents, upon the next report of illegal aliens killing people in our county because they have gone in and out of your jail house.

READY TO SEND
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I don't like the snippy tone of this man's eMail to you but I can certainly feel the frustration coming from it. Because of our backwards laws, police basically have thier hands tied. Maybe you should refer him to Sheriff Joe. He seems to have places to put the illegals. Maybe this is what your county needs- a "holding tank" to house them and get them deported asap.
    SicNTired My first thought was "This guy needs to talk to Sheriff Joe".

I think there are some Police who have a "We Can Do" attitude and then there are those who are overwhelmed and maybe a little sympathetic to the IA's.Daughtery falls in the latter category.

There is a federal program called CAP which reimburses Police Depts. for housing criminal IA's but I would think all police must know about this program already.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

This Sheriff is needing some help with getting his job done.

Called all my North Carolina Senators and Congress people today about E-Verify.

Below are the results:

Senator Dole for E-Verify ***
    Senator Burr against amnesty so don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Butterfield AGAINST E-VERIFY
    Congressman Coble for E-Verify***
    Congressman Etheridge don't know about E-Verify
    Congresswoman Foxx for E-Verify***
    Congressman Hayes AGAINST E-VERIFY
    Congressman Jones for E-Verify***
    Congressman McHenry for E-Verify***
    Congressman McIntyre don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Miller don't know about E-Verify
    Congresswoman Myrick for E-Verify***
    Congressman Price don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Shuler for E-Verify***
    Congressman Watts AGAINST E-VERIFY

7 to 8 - 7 for E-Verify; 3 against E-Verify and 5 don't know about it

We need to call and call; and I tell them all my story. It take a good five minutes.

Sandra put the pressure everywhere you can; I think I am going to start trying to go to my city meeting, too.

Excellent letter W .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Ok I saved a copy of the letter and will be emailing him back asap. Thank You William and I hope I don't pee him off anymore than I have, I don't need him on my case..lol

I will do all I can and keep you all informed as things progress . I just don't know what I would do without you. Your my Hero !!!!

God Bless !

I like that he kept saying "illegals."

I don't think the tax payers of Lincoln County would want me providing, food, medical, dental, and all of the other amenities that inmates receive to a jail full of immigrants.
    They already do pay all that to the illegals!

Until the federal government changes its policy nothing will change.
    The Federal Government wants AMNESTY!! What good will that do us???

Before I forget, when we arrest one of these illegals he/she is entitled to free legal representation...at taxpayer expense
    Thank you ACLU!
    AKA MCLU where "M"= Mexican
    Because thay sure aren't for Americans anymore!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The three previous Sheriff's before me (Pickens, Kiser and Crouse) never locked up a single illegal immigrant....why all of a sudden do you want me to do something that they all knew they couldn't do.
    Because you are in the drivers seat now. You inherited the problem. There's a difference between couldn't and wouldn't. Shame they wouldn't but now you can. Why? It's your job. Somebody's got to do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast