Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just like Rockingham county, I'm sure there are many empty buildings in Lincoln County that could be used as holding facilities. A Hilton hotel is not necessary for holding illegal aliens awaiting deportation. If ICE doesn't want to come and get em in a timely manner then perhaps a very loud and public appeal from Lincoln Co. citizens would get their attention. Citizen pressure (in numbers) is a powerful thing.

LooK at all the activism!!! Y'all make me proud. Doing the job that ALL Americans should be doing!!!

Nice letter, W.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    This Sheriff is needing some help with getting his job done.

Called all my North Carolina Senators and Congress people today about E-Verify.

Below are the results:

Senator Dole for E-Verify ***
    Senator Burr against amnesty so don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Butterfield AGAINST E-VERIFY
    Congressman Coble for E-Verify***
    Congressman Etheridge don't know about E-Verify
    Congresswoman Foxx for E-Verify***
    Congressman Hayes AGAINST E-VERIFY
    Congressman Jones for E-Verify***
    Congressman McHenry for E-Verify***
    Congressman McIntyre don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Miller don't know about E-Verify
    Congresswoman Myrick for E-Verify***
    Congressman Price don't know about E-Verify
    Congressman Shuler for E-Verify***
    Congressman Watts AGAINST E-VERIFY

7 to 8 - 7 for E-Verify; 3 against E-Verify and 5 don't know about it

We need to call and call; and I tell them all my story. It take a good five minutes.

Sandra put the pressure everywhere you can; I think I am going to start trying to go to my city meeting, too.

Good job vmonkey. Do you have the phone numbers for those Congress members. Or put the link to the list of numbers for our new people.

Great letter W.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    vmonkey56 wrote:

Below are the results:

We need to call and call; and I tell them all my story. It take a good five minutes.

Sandra put the pressure everywhere you can; I think I am going to start trying to go to my city meeting, too.
    Geez, vmonkey, this is the 4th or 5th thread you've reported this on. I have no problem with that, however, I think you're wrong about Rep. Robin Hayes (R-NC). I hate to see her name drug through the mud without a little more evidence. She has a long history of supporting illegal immigration enforcement. I refuse to believe she is against E-verify. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize to you. However, if I'm right I think you need to find all the threads you posted this to and make a correction (quickly).

Additionally, don't believe any of the folks that claim they don't know about E-Verify. E-verify is big news and they all know about it. I've personally called Price's office several times in recent weeks on the issue and sent a couple faxes. By the way, I'm pretty sure that Rep. David Price (D-NC) would love to see E-verify ended.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    vmonkey56 wrote:

Below are the results:

Geez, vmonkey, this is the 4th or 5th thread you've reported this on. I have no problem with that, however, I think you're wrong about Rep. Robin Hayes (R-NC). I hate to see her name drug through the mud without a little more evidence. She has a long history of supporting illegal immigration enforcement. I refuse to believe she is against E-verify. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize to you. However, if I'm right I think you need to find all the threads you posted this to and make a correction (quickly).

Additionally, don't believe any of the folks that claim they don't know about E-Verify. E-verify is big news and they all know about it. I've personally called Price's office several times in recent weeks on the issue and sent a couple faxes. By the way, I'm pretty sure that Rep. David Price (D-NC) would love to see E-verify ended.
    Robin Hayes is a "He" not a "She" lol
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

MW
    PatrioticSandra wrote:

Robin Hayes is a "He" not a "She" lol
    My bad, thanks.

I was thinking Hayes but formed a mental vision of Virginia Foxx in my mind. Oh well, anyway, check Robin Hayes out on NumbersUSA. HE is a cosponsor of the SAVE Act. Anyone that has signed on as a cosponsor to the SAVE ACT is not against E-Verify.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I still wonder about Congressman Hayes, they would not say yes. And I did not know he was a sponsor with Congressman Shuler. What is so wrong with saying I sponsored the Save Act?

It took me nearly two hours of phone time in total with these folks. It gave me a totally different appreciation for all of them and their excellent interns and staff helpers - Totally impressed!

And all did listen so graciously, even when some of their opinions were that the E-Verify system has problems. The E-Verify system with problems came from most of the "don't knowers".

Sorry to disappointment anyone; but you can try to get a different response; I beg you to try the ones I gave "against" and "don't knows" to.

Thank you again for all your input/ I truly enjoy it.

MW
    vmonkey56 wrote:

I still wonder about Congressman Hayes, they would not say yes. And I did not know he was a sponsor with Congressman Shuler. What is so wrong with saying I sponsored the Save Act?
    As you know, the SAVE Act makes E-Verify mandatory for all employers (phased in program). Rep. Robin Hayes is a cosponsor of the SAVE Act. I rest my case.

Honestly, I think you owe Rep. Hayes an apology because you posted this false information at least 6 times. Rep. Hayes signed as a cosponsor to the SAVE Act on 11/6/2007.

Cosponsoring bill to increase border security and require workplace verification in 2007

Rep. Hayes is cosponsoring H.R. 4088, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement (SAVE) Act of 2007. The bipartisan SAVE Act would help reduce illegal immigration by broadening and enhancing border security and interior enforcement measures. Perhaps the most important aspect of the SAVE Act is its requirement that ALL employers use the E-Verify electronic workplace verification program, an inexpensive, quick, and accurate way to verify the employment eligibility of ALL employees. This would go a long way toward removing the job magnet for illegal immigration. As well, the SAVE Act includes a number of border control provisions. Among the provisions specifically relating to border control are: (1) increasing the number of full-time border patrol agents by 8,000 through 2012; (2) more funding available for the Tunnel Task Force; (3) a student loan repayment program and other incentives to help recruit former members of the Armed Services, National Guard, and other Reserve Components; (4) new and updated border security, surveillance, communication, and apprehension technology; (5) an equipment sharing initiative between the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, with progress reports made available to Members of Congress; (6) an official national strategy to secure all U.S. borders and ports of entry; (7) and, empowering governors in border states to declare a border emergency and request temporary redeployment of up to 1000 additional Border Patrol Agents.Click here to read a summary of the SAVE Act.
    http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=497

Update on orginal News Story :

Two others charged in slaying
    by: Lisa Brown
    (7/30/200
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three illegal immigrants face murder charges after an altercation on Hatchett Road led to the death of Alvaro Donis Molina, 25.

Otto Rene-Sandoval Aguirre, 25, Asuncion de Jesus Escalante-Rojas, 25, and a 15-year-old juvenile, all of Lincolnton, are charged with first-degree murder, authorities said.

“All suspects admitted to being in the country illegally,â€
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

The sheriff is right about one thing, the borders need to be secured ASAP. He's probably as frustrated as many of us are at the indifference displayed by the Bush administration regarding this issue. I imagine this sheriff is feeling the heat from many Lincoln County citizens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast