Thread: Do unto others

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do unto others

Do unto others
    http://webcommentary.com/asp/ShowArticl ... ate=050616

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came back from a portion of Mexico. Again. I like Mexico. I like her citizens, I like her families, and I like her way of conducting business. In her country that is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note this, they absolutely enforce their laws. .They absolutely deport, they absolutely charge for services provided, they absolutely accept no variations of law-abiding actions while residing in Mexico.

In other words, they absolutely uphold their laws. With regards to foreigners and with regards to their citizens there. How come they do not absolutely enforce respectfulness of our laws? Respect our requests, our repeated requests that they do so? And an even bigger question for you all, how come WE do not absolutely enforce our laws with respect to Mexico and her lack of enforcement on her side?

Is it the difference between a corrupt society with limited resources vs. a free society, a democratic republic, with unlimited sources, also known as tax dollars? With services provided by American taxpayers, organizations and lawyers provided by non-profit and human rights groups founded in America? Groups and non-profits that receive the majority of funds from, you guessed it, the American taxpayer.

Problem recognized, problem dealt with, next taker?

I find it very interesting that while in Mexico, one MUST carry a travel visa, a business visa, or a temporary residency visa on one’s person at all times or risk being rounded up in the daily raids, jailed, fined and/or deported.

Mexico is not fond of illegal immigrants. Not at all. How Mexico enforces its borders…

“To get a driver’s license or social security card, foreigners must present their visas. Illegal aliens need not apply. To vote, everyone must show proof of citizenship. In addition, more than 201,000 foreigners were deported last year, and another 9,000 were denied entry at airports and the border. Is this more U.S. antagonism to immigrants? Is this racist discrimination? Perhaps it’s another example of American xenophobia? Not quite. It’s how Mexico deals with illegal immigrants.�

Example: In October 2000, immigration authorities arrested Pedro Anibal Riera Escalante, a Cuban national and deported him to Cuba the following day.

America is very fond of illegal entrants. Very much so.

In America, one runs the risk of ICE being notified than your carpool is carrying a busload of illegal aliens.

Example: “Car with undocumented workers stopped� but immigration officials did not take the (15) passengers into custody…6-11-05.

When Mexico displays unhappiness with a political figure or illegal immigrants living there, they handle it.
    Sometimes like this. Gunmen kill Mexican border city police chief hours after he took job� OLGA R. RODRIGUEZ Associated Press NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico)

And sometimes like this

Mexico: Country Reports on Human Rights Practices - On September 18, a court sentenced Juan Emilio Yee Compean and Rafael Ureta Leon to 12 years and 10 months imprisonment for the January 1999 murder of Jorge Aguirre Meza, cofounder of the Sinaloa Human Rights Defense Commission and a mayoral candidate, In March Fernando Gutierrez, the warden of the prison in Uruapan, Michoacan, was shot and killed. Members of the security forces, including the military, and federal and state police, were accused of committing a number of killings during the year.

Problem recognized, problem dealt with, next taker?

As I stated, in Mexico, one runs the risk of being contacted on the street for verification of entrance eligibility. While I was in the very southern portion, there were two people sitting in the airport immigration jail. One is a British man who did not renew his residency visa. The other is a retired American gentleman living in Mexico. The Americans offense? He made the mistake of handing out newspapers on the streets He has a visa that does not allow for any work there. Whether it was a paid job or a volunteer job, which the newspaper job was, a volunteer job. The question now for these two men is simple. They are either going to be deported or they will be jailed in a Mexican jail. They cooled their heels in the airport jail for three weeks that I know of, and their questions have not been answered to date.

Do As I Say…

And so ends a personal recounting of staying in Mexico. Rather different than the accounts of the warm receptions extended to those illegally residing in America. It remains apparent that Mexico, rather than employing the Do Unto Others approach, prefers the Do As I Say, and Not As I Do attitude when it comes to the United States immigration laws.

And a few of us take exception to that.
    Marty Lich
    Columnist, Mich News

Notes:

http://www.solutionsabroad.com/a_.

www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2001/wha/8320.htm

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 10317/1002

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/11849239.htm

www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2001/wha/8320.htm
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

This is very interesting. I just read this week how "Strict" they are in Mexico about this. Isn't it just amazing?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The American TaxPayer pays billions a year to do exactly what Mexico and every other nation in the world does, except the USA.

We know why, it's not a mystery any longer. The Government plans to make us a Third World Toilet Bowl. They'll all retire to an elitist life in Mexico. They know it will be neither safe or enjoyable here.

That is all their plans....to skip the USA with their bags full of cash and re-settle in the finer sections of Mexico.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn