Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Dodd claims McCain has walked away from immigration reform

Dodd claims McCain has walked away from immigration reform

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=6467518

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa -- Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd on Thursday criticized Arizona Sen. John McCain for stepping away from the immigration debate and imperiling a comprehensive reform plan in the Senate.

Dodd said McCain, who is seeking the GOP presidential nomination, had let politics affect his tenacity on the issue.

"He and Senator Kennedy were working on a comprehensive package ... and he's no longer, I gather, a co-sponsor of that," Dodd said. "It had some bipartisan momentum, and now, if you asked me who's on the other side today I couldn't name anybody at this point. Maybe there is someone, but not of the stature McCain brought to the debate."

Dodd said McCain's defection on the issue was critical because Congress needed to act now or risk years of inaction on the issue.

"The later you wait the harder it gets," Dodd said. "You've got a window here ... and the fear is if you wait much longer, then it won't happen before 2008 and with a new administration it probably wouldn't be one of the first items you bring up."

In the past, McCain has rejected Democrats' claims that he is abandoning his efforts on immigration reform. And Thursday, an aide said McCain remained committed to the issue.

"Senator McCain continues to be involved with the White House and Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform," said spokesman Matt David.

Dodd, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, made his comments to reporters after he spoke to a meeting of young professional Democrats in West Des Moines. The event kicked off a three-day trip to Iowa for Dodd.

Well, we know where Dodd stands. Another illegal alien boot licker, when are they going to get it through their thick skulls, we don't want amnesty? I know when I called my Senator's offices on Tuesday, they were overwhelmed with calls from angry citizens watching the marches!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Dodd - oh yeah. He's the guy that made sure to include that *key* provision in S2611 last year which requires any construction of a barrier along the southern border to be done with consultation with the gov't of Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He's an idiot, and he needs McCain in there so if they give amnesty they can put part of the blame on the GOP.

NO AMNESTY.PERIOD
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

McCain is NOT walking away from immigration reform amnesty.

He is RUNNING away in a panic now that he knows his positions are going to cost him any chance at becoming President of the United States.

Keep an eye out, you will see more elected officials running from it soon.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And flip flopping on it, so learn who they are and don't trust them!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

sosadforus wrote:
    And flip flopping on it, so learn who they are and don't trust them!!
    Here's a million dollars worth of free advice and we should all take it to heart. I'm sure as the election progresses we will see more than a few flip-floppers, those finger in the wind, BS artist politicians.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Banned
    This is why they are trying to fast-track a bill through the Senate and shove it down our throats! They want immigration put to bed so that it is no longer an issue in the Presidential race. The Democrats don't want people asking Hillary and Obama about their amnesty position. The Republicans have already seen how McCain's amnesty position has caused his campaign to tank. It will only get worse as long as the illegal immigration issue is unresolved.

What they aren't thinking about is the fact that things will be far worse and it will be an even bigger campaign issue IF amnesty is granted. They think people are mad now....just wait.