Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water
    Saturday, 26 July 2008
    Carolyn Hileman

It has been a long past few years; we have seen the mask stripped from a lot of political faces and never more than during the amnesty bill battle that pitted everyday Americans against the political machine in a daily battle of sheer will… That in and of itself has been enough to warrant the throw the bums out atmosphere we are living in today, but then you add to it the gas crisis and the day to day scratching just to survive and a lot of people are of the mind to just get rid of all of them and start fresh. But what if there are ten good people left; do we destroy them with the rest? What if there are only five, two, or one? A lot of people did not get the opportunity to watch the amnesty fight in senate I did, I watched as senator after senator walked up to the podium and told their fellow senators all about those poor illegal immigrants and how they have been so mistreated, how if this bill was not passed they would never be able to fully obtain the American dream and I wanted to throw up.

For what seemed like forever I watched them talk about their hardships, their trials, their troubles and I kept wondering if just one of them would stand up and talk about how that bill would affect the American taxpayers. To my surprise several of them came to our defense, they faced our persecutors and they did not give a single inch and at that point the tables started to turn. Those people were of course Jeff Sessions a man I would vote for, for president, if he would only run, David Vitter as stubborn as they come, this man went head to head with Harry Reid and won, Jim DeMint another brave warrior and then there was an even bigger surprise Byron Dorgan a democrat, when it came his time to speak I just knew I would hear more about the poor illegal immigrants and how the amnesty bill still wasn’t enough but that it was at least a start, I was wrong!!! This man gave the most impassioned speech about the American people I have heard in a long time and he was not just reading it you could feel every single emotion in his speech. Elizabeth Dole and James Inhofe are two more who stood with the people of America when the rest of them were trying to sell us out.

These are people who despite the odds went into the ring and fought with us, these are the people who could have played it safe but chose to block that bill any way they possibly could and these are the people we need in senate if we do not want that amnesty bill passed the next time. Both presidential candidates have pledged to bring that bill back up although McCain says after the border is secure. I am sure we all believe that one now don’t we? These people stood shoulder to shoulder with you and I and fought evil where it stood and I have no doubt in my mind they would do it again in a heart beat and I for one will NOT HANG THEM OUT TO DRY…. If we do not fully support these people we simply cannot expect that any others new or old will come to our aid again. So while you are getting ready to throw the bums out at least take the time to see who the bums are. In congress we have the young Duncan Hunter who is following in his fathers footsteps and his Dad was getting a wall built while we were still griping over our coffee, the son is just like his Dad and we need him in congress. Yeah, the bath water is dirty, it is very dirty, so dirty it is hard to see anything but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

http://thevoice.name/?p=9730
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Yes, we must remember who our friends in the U.S. Congress are! It worries me when I hear some folks adopt the attitude that we must kick all the bums out. News flash, they aren't all bums on the issue that most of us have decided to make our priority.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn