Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Drunk driver who killed mother of seven to serve 16 years in prison

Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
    YouNewsTV YouNewsTV™

Story Published: Aug 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM PDT

Story Updated: Aug 12, 2008 at 1:17 PM PDT
    By KATU Web Staff
    Video
    McMINNVILLE, Ore. - A man in the United States illegally was sentenced to 16 years in Oregon state prison for killing a mother of seven in a car crash that took place on Mother's Day.

The judge who handed down the sentence to Leonel Zurita-Loeza, 26, said he would have given a longer sentence but could not legally do so.

Following his prison term, Loeza will be deported back to Mexico.

Loeza was found to under the influence of cocaine and alcohol when he crashed his car into a vehicle driven by Carma Smith, 52, of Dayton, Ore. Smith, a mother of seven children, died in crash on May 11.

Loeza was under a diversion program for a previous DUII citation that he received less than a year before the crash that killed Smith.

Karma's husband, Don Smith, felt the 16-year sentence was too short.

"I don't think he has any regard for our legal system, I don't think he has any regard for our laws. He does what he wants to do," Smith said.

Loeza apologized to the family in open court through an interpreter, he does not speak English.

He said he did not mean to cause any harm to the family. Loeza also said that he was driving on an emergency spare tire that blew out, causing him to lose control of the vehicle.

Emergency spare tires are typically rated for a top speed of 55 mph. Police said their crash investigation indicated Loeza was going about 85 mph at the time of the crash.

http://www.katu.com/news/26879139.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    SICKENING!!!!! Another senseless killing of an American by an illegal. My heart goes out to her family!!!

PENALTY IS NOT STIFF ENOUGHBut as the article said the judge WANTED to give more time....situation like that DEATH PENALTY IS WARRANTED (but that is my opinion)
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I had a feeling it was drunk illegal alien that caused that tragedy. IMO, if the MSM leaves out the status then you might as well assume it was an illegal alien.

THIS MOTHER OF 7 WOULD STILL BE ALIEVE TODAY, IF IT WERENT FOR THAT ILLEGAL ALIEN.

My thoughts and prayers go out to that poor family.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12