Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My old electrolux finally gave out and I was thinking about getting another one. That won't happen now and I'm going to tell them why.

http://www.electrolux.com/node316.aspx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just sent them a nasty email. I did some searching and I think they build appliances (stoves) at this plant in Tennessee.
    Tell 'em what you think!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    Just sent them a nasty email.
    I did too.
    My Mom had her Electrolux vacuum for over 20 years and I used it for another 10. I can't afford a new one...but they don't know that!
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Quote Originally Posted by DinTN
    I did too.
    My Mom had her Electrolux vacuum for over 20 years and I used it for another 10. I can't afford a new one...but they don't know that!
    At least you can just about bet it was made by an American.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    At least you can just about bet it was made by an American.
    Yea, I bet it was, but when I found out it would cost me $200 I didn't have, for a new motor, that was the end of the hand-me-down vacuum and it was donated for parts!

NEWS CHANNEL 5 this morning: Randstad Staffing Agency and Electrolux both have agreed to start using e-Verify to comfirm elegibility for employement. Electrolux has agreed to start using it next month, but Randstad didn't say when it would start.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Quote Originally Posted by DinTN
    I did too.
    I'll send them an email too. But...
    "Ninety percent of that plant is Mexicans," she said. "Maybe 5 percent white, 5 percent black."
    I wonder if the person who gets the email can even speak English?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I'll send them an email too. But...
    "Ninety percent of that plant is Mexicans," she said. "Maybe 5 percent white, 5 percent black."
    I wonder if the person who gets the email can even speak English?
    IMO, absolutely they speak English. These employers never hire illegals to work in their offices where customers might see them. In my experiences with them, they are exclusively hired for plant positions in assembly and "shop rat' positions and never in the offices.
    --------

NC5 Investigation Prompts Changes In Plant's Hiring Practices
    Posted: Dec 17, 2007 06:25 PM CST

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. - The Electrolux plant in Springfield and the company that hires their employees vow to improve the way they process new employees.

A NewsChannel 5 investigation revealed how illegal immigrants bought fake documents to get jobs in the Springfield area.
    A number of interviewees said some of the undocumented immigrants worked at Electrolux.
    On Friday, Electrolux told NewsChannel 5 they started to take a second look at hundreds of employees as a result of the undercover investigation.

Sources said a number of workers were dismissed because they may have been in the United States illegally.

On Monday, the staffing agency that hires many Electrolux employees will now change the way they do business as well.
    The investigation uncovered how illegal immigrants bought fake identification and obtained jobs at Electrolux.

Electrolux denied they knowingly hired illegal immigrants.

But after the series aired, company officials said they started reviewing the documents of many of their 3,000 employees.

Sources said that lead to hundreds of layoffs.
    Randstad is the staffing agency that first hires people into the Electrolux system.
    They are now following Electrolux's lead and reviewing hundreds of people in their system.

Randstad said in the next 30 days they are going to implement a brand new program to help them spot fake documents. Due in part to the investigation, that program starts this week at their Springfield Electrolux branch.

"The problem we were running into is that there is a number of fraudulent documents out there," said Jeff Bates of T.A. Staffing.

The program is called E-Verify. Staffing agencies such as T.A. Staffing have been using the free government program for months. It's designed to help employers verify all sorts of documentation.

"Immigration is a federal issue, and employers right now, are stuck in the middle," Bates said. "Many are going to do what's legal, and some are going to take that next step, that proactive step."

It's a program Electrolux now says they will start up at the beginning of the year.

Electrolux still will not confirm just how many people have been dismissed.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7509735

(On 12-15 it was reported "According to a NewsChannel5 source, Electrolux let go 120 employees Thursday and 52 on Friday.")

No reply to my email yet. But then what could they say?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12