Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

End the Jobs Magnet and Illegal Immigration Takes Care of It

That is what we proponents of attrition have been saying for years. (For some of my meanderings on attrition, see here and here.) More evidence today from, of all places, the Wall Street Journal:

During a decade in the U.S., Mexican immigrant Linex Rivera gave birth to three daughters, whose American citizenship offered her hope of staying in the land of opportunity. But with job prospects drying up for her husband, Ms. Rivera last week joined a phalanx of compatriots at the Mexican consulate in Los Angeles inquiring about obtaining Mexican citizenship for their children. [ACM note: the story later gets to Ms. Rivera's husband, Felipe Perez: Mr. Perez, who works as a waiter for a Los Angeles company that caters events for corporations and universities, says he once worked six days a week. Since November, "I've only been working twice or three times a week," he says. "Our savings are shrinking fast."]... After a historic immigration wave, many Mexicans and other Latin Americans are preparing to return to their homelands amid the deepening recession here. Mexicans who reside in the U.S. sought Mexican citizenship for their U.S.-born children in record numbers last year.

The WSJ report, here, goes on to describe how the recession is doing what U.S. immigration enforcement has declined to do: It is addressing the incentives and wherewithal of employers to hire immigrant (including illegal immigrant) labor. Immigrant unemployment numbers are way up, the number of people caught trying to enter illegally is significantly down, and the number of Mexicans seeking Mexican citizenship for their children is increasing steeply.

We don't need, and we have never needed, comprehensive reform—which would be the illegal-immigration version of the "stimulus" bill: guaranteed to make the problem worse, and probably much worse. It's too bad this is an experiment forced by economic circumstances rather than a commitment to sensible law-enforcement. But whatever the reason, the results are telling.

02/13 07:06 AM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... k3YTBiYmE=

We need it all, not just hammering the employers, we need border security, enforcement of US immigration law, prompt and accurate deportation of illegal aliens following a short prison sentence to send this message this is no fun and games to fill cartoons, we need to shut down the 501 C 3 organizations that have bought our government, we need to turn off the benefits, remove illegal aliens from our schools, and interpret the 14th Amendment correctly or pass an amendment to clarify it.

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" could not be more clear ... which is what the 14th Amendment says, and since illegal aliens are not under our jurisdiction, they are under the jurisdiction of their home countries, thus so are their children, whether they were born here in the United States or not, because whether born here or not, these children are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, they are illegal aliens who need to be deported.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes and E-Verify and the new I-9's that Obama has blocked and delayed would excelerate the expulsion from employment of even more illegal aliens.

In fact, President Obama is working for foreign nationals, instead of upholding US immigration laws and using the tools that will generate attrition.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    In fact, President Obama is working for foreign nationals, instead of upholding US immigration laws and using the tools that will generate attrition.

Dixie
    Maybe because he IS a foreign national.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just wish they would hurry the hell up about it and get going...NOW!!
    I also will be joining fellow aircraft workers in a layoff or furlough during these hard times..

Tell Barack Obama to get off that BIZZ JET ATTACK................I have been making phone calls to Washington as well.

People also need to remember Cessna Aircraft ,Lear Jet,Boeing,Net Jets Citation Shares, Duncan Aviation, Falcon,Gulfstream,and other company owned service centers in this country and others that service those business jets and keep them flying.............
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou