Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SUPPORT HB 262 by Rep. Eric Watson

My name is [mod edit]

My parents and I came to the US legally in the early 70s. My parents knew that (1) they needed to find meaningful work because they were not going to take hand-outs; (2) we needed to learn English for a better life in our new country.

I fully support Rep. Watson's HB 262 requiring the license exam in TN be solely administered in English for public safety, so that all motorists can communicate with each and emergency personnel and understand English written road signs.

I fully support HB 262 so that thousands and thousands of taxpayer dollars are properly spent funding our public schools and improving the communications system that is sub-standard for our TN highway patrol.

I fully support HB to encourage immigrants, regardless of color or where they came from, to learn English.

In these tough economic times, there is no reason to spend tax dollars to fund multiple languages for the driver's license exam.

If you come to my country (USA) for a better life, learn the language that we speak here. Without English, you will never really grasp or taste the American dream.

If the feds aren't going to do their jobs, then it is every state's sovereign right to protect its own borders. Go Arizona!!

Senate Bill 63 passed out of TN Senate today with the leadership of Sen. Ketron. Now we need to pressure House members to vote FOR the bill this coming Wednesday morning in House budget sub-committee.

If you live in TN, please consider using this link to contact members of the budget committee and tell them to PASS HB 262 by Rep. Watson.

Also pressure TN House speaker WIlliams to stop trying to kill the bill and vote FOR its passage. Speaker Williams is reached at 615 741 7450

Thank you

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/house/committ ... udget.html

Proud American

www.proenglishusa.blogspot.com

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Ironic, isn't it that the Koreans and Japanese are not having the same problems as hispanics, eh? I wonder why that is??
    It seems the only ethnic group we feel sorry for is Hispanics. Poor Hispanics just can't seem to learn English like Africans, Europeans, Japanese, Chinese etc etc. I don't feel the least bit sorry. My wife came her speaking English. My son learned it in a few week. There is NO excuse other that they prefer to isolate themselves.

My wife has no desire to live in a "Hispanic" neighborhood or even an Argentine community. She doesn't even have 1 friend from Argentina. My wife says if I wanted to live around Argentines and have Argeintine friends I would have stayed in Argentina.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

he bill is discriminatory. I do not feel the inability to speak English causes a hazard to society
    Everyone should be able to understand basic English to be able to drive, fill out insurance and police reports, and read road signs. AND... ENGLISH IS OUR LANGUAGE...LEARN IT! IT ISNT AN OPTION.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most traffic signs are universal. Someone could travel to almost any country and still recognize stop, yield and merge signs.
    Well if that is all we need to know then why are they asking us so many questions????
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Ironic, isn't it that the Koreans and Japanese are not having the same problems as hispanics, eh? I wonder why that is??
    It seems the only ethnic group we feel sorry for is Hispanics. Poor Hispanics just can't seem to learn English like Africans, Europeans, Japanese, Chinese etc etc. I don't feel the least bit sorry. My wife came her speaking English. My son learned it in a few week. There is NO excuse other that they prefer to isolate themselves.

My wife has no desire to live in a "Hispanic" neighborhood or even an Argentine community. She doesn't even have 1 friend from Argentina. My wife says if I wanted to live around Argentines and have Argeintine friends I would have stayed in Argentina.
    This the reason most ILLEGALS and Anchor Babies do NOT intend to learn English or in anyway assimilate, their intentions are to take over the United States for their Third World Country or at least turn the United States into just another Third World Country!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234