Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    redpony wrote:

The Bologna family will win this law suit....and more power to them.
    The case may never reach court. In an effort to lessen scrutiny and public embarrassment the city may decide to settle out of court. Personally, I hope the case goes to court because I too think Ms. Bologna has an excellent case against the city. Furthermore, we could always use the publicity that would be generated if a sanctuary city were to lose such a case.
    I don't think the Bolognas will settle out of court, since that won't reverse the sanctuary policy. I hope San Fran takes a huge financial hit on this, as well as a public one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I'd like to know what the cause of action is and the link between the city of San Francisco not deporting this guy when he was 17 and the murder of the victims five years later. Given that there is nothing reported about the defendant's crime activity between the ages of 17-22, would it have been foreseeable that this guy not being deported would lead to two deaths 5 years later? Sorry people, I am trained to think of the opposite argument every time I see legal action.

I do see the city settling this case to rid itself from the cause of action without admitting fault. I also see the family taking a settlement as jury trials of this magnitude are extremely expensive and the contingency fee gets higher with jury trials

Is it foreseeable that an active gang member, convicted of two violent felonies at such a relatively young age might go on to commit additional violent felonies, up to and including murder? I don't know. Maybe, or maybe not.

But why would a city even assume that risk when this criminal illegal could have been deported, under Federal law, thereby virtually reducing the possibility of such an act.

In any event, isn't that an issue for the trier of fact to decide?

Does not the city of SF have a duty to take reasonable measures to protect the citizens of SF and not implement policy which could endanger or put citizens in harms way? If so, then could it not reasonably be argued that adherence to a policy which shields an illegal, convicted of a violent felony from deportation, constitutes a breach of that duty.

Of course the city will argue that their sanctuary policy, under a negligence cause of action, is not the legal and proximate cause of these deaths. However, it's more likely than not that the Bologna family members would still be alive if this illegal had been deported and not allowed to remain on the streets of SF under their sanctuary policies.

I'm sure the attorney representing the Bologna family has also considered counter arguments and believes the facts, as well as the law to be on his client's side. Hopefully, this case will force the city of SF to re-examine and finally put to an end this asinine policy of shielding dangerous, convicted felons who are in this country illegally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

attorneyatlaw, I can see your point and understand this is what happens in the courts.

We here hold hope for some intervention in this, from a divine source, that will shake up the status quo in SF and DC, and awaken the American people to this problem, and for it for healing for this family.

We certainly respect your knowledge and foresight in how it normally is seen and works, we realize that is normally the reality of the process.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

The murder of United States citizens by ILLEGALS happen far to often!

"It doesn’t seem to matter if it is Police Officer in Houston attempting to safe guard his city, a high school student in Los Angeles standing in front of his home while his mother is half way around the world defending her country, or a father and his sons in San Francisco driving home all became targets of ILLEGALS and were murdered because of the greed of "our" Elitist Politicians and their Elitist Contributors in search of "cheap labor" to help their "bottom line"!

I just do not understand how our President and our Congress can send our young men and women half way around the world in defense of the United States and refuse to defend our National Borders and Enforce our Immigration Laws while at the same time warning our military, for their own safety, not to wear their uniforms when traveling to "our" southern borders. Now our military can no longer leave their children at home in a "major United States city" and expect them to be safe or a least as safe as the parents in a "combat zone"!!

Our FAMILIES are at the mercy of ILLEGALS and their Anchor being murdered, raped, infected with disease, or robbed. We can see the results of the ILLEGAL invasion in our courts every day! But NOT to worry the Chamber of Commerce will get their "cheap labor" increasing "their privatized" PROFITS while socializing the "benefits" for their ILLEGALS on the back of United States Citizens, thanks to our past and current Presidents, the Congressional Leadership(?), and local elected and appointed officials!!

P.S. Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco are all SANCTUARY cities!"

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    redpony wrote:

The Bologna family will win this law suit....and more power to them.
    The case may never reach court. In an effort to lessen scrutiny and public embarrassment the city may decide to settle out of court. Personally, I hope the case goes to court because I too think Ms. Bologna has an excellent case against the city. Furthermore, we could always use the publicity that would be generated if a sanctuary city were to lose such a case.

yes finally some people are waking up.
    if we Americans are injured by a illegal invader start sueing work your way up to down.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

The question is How Much!!! money is all that matters to these politicians I hope SF has to borrow tons of money just to pay her back!!! That will send a huge message!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Maybe the SF people will understand when their taxes keep going up due to stupid decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12