Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds raid Butte eatery, take five into custody

Feds raid Butte eatery, take five into custody

Associated Press - May 23, 2007 8:54 AM ET

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - Immigration authorities raided a Butte restaurant, and took five suspected illegal aliens into custody.

Customs enforcement spokeswoman gail Montenegro says the raid took place just before noon yesterday at Melaque (muh-LAH'-kay) Authentic Mexican Restaurant in Butte.

She says agents discovered five adult Mexican nationals, who were allegedly in the country illegally. She did not know if the five were employees at the restaurant.

Montenegro says the four males and one female face deportation back to Mexico.

Later, a woman who answered the phone at the restaurant said it was closed, but she didn't know why. She didn't give her name.

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/glob ... ?s=6556855
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Is it just me or has everyone else noticed a pick up in raids over the last two days? Weren't there several threads on raids posted yesterday and several more today?

Perhaps the raids are just getting more publicity because of the amnesty bill on the Senate floor.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Noticed the same thing MW. They're just throwing us a bone. A little here and a little there. The games continue....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Only going after those that don't contribute huge amounts to campaigns. That's protection money.

Bo Pilgrim! He hires them all over AR, LA and TX but he contributes to my fine Senators and most likely the last three presidents.

When they finally clean out all of his illegal chicken pluckers, then I'll believe they are doing something. Seriously, where do you think all the marchers in the streets of Dallas came from last year? Bo gave them the day off.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh ya...I have suddenly noticed how effective they have been in the last few days...Just like magic..eh
    I am not biting their bait....
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Authentic Mexican Restaurant in Butte.
    It was authentic all right.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Have any of you ever been to Butte Montana ? They certainly wouldn't have to go out of their way to find them. I didn't even know there was any jobs left there after the mines closed!!

Come on everyone lets get our voices heard, time to get involved, calls, faxes e-mails and post at this link and let everyone know what you are hearing. Lets let congress know what real Americans Want!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=363426
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

U.S. officers raid four eateries; 16 face deportation
    By RICHARD PETERSON Tribune Staff Writer

Sixteen illegal immigrants employed by four Montana restaurants will face deportation and federal charges after immigration officials raided the Mexican eateries Tuesday, including one in Great Falls, a customs official said.

The employees at Melaque restaurants, including four from Great Falls, are in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement and have been placed in deportation proceedings, said ICE spokeswoman Gail Montenegro. Restaurants in Helena, Butte and Belgrade also were entered by agents, she said.

"During the execution of the warrants, ICE agents took into custody 16 aliens from Mexico who are current and former employees," Montenegro said.

Three of the employees also may face felony charges because they had previously been deported then re-entered the United States without permission, she said.
    The agency refused to release any further information on the case because the investigation is ongoing.

Agents in Great Falls took three men and one woman into custody.

No one answered the phone at the restaurant in Great Falls on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thirteen of the immigrants will most likely have the option of going through a custody hearing before a federal judge or waive the hearing, which would allow for a faster deportation, Montenegro said.

Carl Rusnok, an ICE spokesman in the Dallas office, said 4,300 illegal immigrants were deported from the states of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Idaho in 2006. No individual statistics were kept for Montana.

Of the 4,300 people deported, about 45 percent of them had criminal convictions, Rusnok said. A total of 195,000 illegal workers were deported from the United States to their home countries in 2006, he said.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 50313/1002

I have live in many States...but I have lived in Texas the longest...I have never seen a US Immigration and Customs...ever...I seen Border Patrol many times...So you can imagine how shocked I was when I saw a ICE VAN driving down IH-35 out of Austin...I was so shocked I took a picture with my cell phone...It was kinda funny watching the other cars around avoiding driving close...One lawn service truck slowed down so much people started honking and they made a somewhat sudden push to exit the next ramp...other vechiles just would not pass...but other cars drivers and passangers...honked and waved at the ICE van in complete approval of there support...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

This one is for all the folks who say "I've got to move out of here, the illegal immigration problem has gotten too bad."

As we in ALIPAC know, there's no place to run to, they're everywhere.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast