Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I simply cannot believe what I am reading. I am a product of this situation. My husband was deported after an offense. Now I find myself a single mother. What everyone seems to be missing is that these veterans are not looking for an easy out. They are being punished twice!! They are convicted and sentenced for their offense. Then, after doing their time, they are being deported. That is where the problem lays. They are not asking to be let off of the hook, but it is only fair that after they pay their debt to society, 1) Serving their country 2) Serving their time then 3) their being deported. There is the injustice!! Most of the veterans that are being deported signed up to be in the military, not to get a free pass to the front of the line, but instead because they have been here in the US for so long that they see this as their country and want to defend it!
    Can we look outside of the box here, folks??

Serving in the military does not and should not exonerate you of other crimes. Your husband is a convicted felon or sex offender(primary deportable offences) and you are not a victim of immigration policy, you are just married to a criminal. You may want your criminal husband living in the US but we don't. I suggest you pack your bag, "cleave unto your husband" and go home with him.

I don't want soldiers on the battle field that are in the military to save their own hides from something else. I don't want my military used.

As far as being here a long time, if he is an illegal alien, then he never should have served in the military. Must have gotten adjusted status or lied somewhere down the line and got away with it. Well, justice has caught up to him. I damn sure don't want foreign nationals serving in our military so they can turn on us on the battle field when their true allegiances surface.

If he's legalized and has committed deportable offences, he's damn sure not going to use his military service as a shield from justice, revocation of legal status or deportation.

What all of that describes is not a person that served with honor and for our country, that's a person that served to get something out of it.

Now you should no longer be in disbelief, since I have given you a reality check.

This is actually a good example of why we should not pass out amnesty and give adjusted status to anyone that has ever lived in our country illegally.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RUSerious: Are you SERIOUS? Is this foreign spouse sending money to help you? Maybe you should never have joined the US Military, why didn't you join your spouse's country's military?

Most relationships do not last more than four years unless two people work hard at their relationship. It seems you and yours are being made to comply to the laws of immigration, which seems bad to you.

Love is not suppose to be hard to come by. And Love makes a fool of MANY.

Many Americans have served in Foreign Military.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well spoken Dixie!

Quote Originally Posted by RUSerious
    I simply cannot believe what I am reading. I am a product of this situation. My husband was deported after an offense. Now I find myself a single mother. What everyone seems to be missing is that these veterans are not looking for an easy out. They are being punished twice!! They are convicted and sentenced for their offense. Then, after doing their time, they are being deported. That is where the problem lays. They are not asking to be let off of the hook, but it is only fair that after they pay their debt to society, 1) Serving their country 2) Serving their time then 3) their being deported. There is the injustice!! Most of the veterans that are being deported signed up to be in the military, not to get a free pass to the front of the line, but instead because they have been here in the US for so long that they see this as their country and want to defend it!
    Can we look outside of the box here, folks??
    So basically what you are saying is, your husband was deported because he broke the law, but you think that he should have gotten a free pass instead even though the rest of us are expected to follow the law?

Getting away with breaking laws is not "thinking outside the box"
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by RUSerious
    I simply cannot believe what I am reading. I am a product of this situation. My husband was deported after an offense. Now I find myself a single mother. What everyone seems to be missing is that these veterans are not looking for an easy out. They are being punished twice!! They are convicted and sentenced for their offense. Then, after doing their time, they are being deported. That is where the problem lays. They are not asking to be let off of the hook, but it is only fair that after they pay their debt to society, 1) Serving their country 2) Serving their time then 3) their being deported. There is the injustice!! Most of the veterans that are being deported signed up to be in the military, not to get a free pass to the front of the line, but instead because they have been here in the US for so long that they see this as their country and want to defend it! Can we look outside of the box here, folks??
    Clearly, deportation is part of the sentence. You didn't reveal the type of discharge nor any medals earned. I also noticed you said he was deported after "an offense" but didn't reveal what offense. Green card holders are not deported for traffic violations. On the other hand, if he's been living under the radar as an illegal alien, that's part of the case for deportation. You also didn't reveal the level of incarceration. We have city and county jails that normally are limited to a year. We also have state and federal prisons that run the gamut. Regardless, serving time for "an offense" does not entitle one to citizenship. As a compassionate nation that respects its Veterans, we make exceptions for exceptional situations. This doesn't sound like an exceptional situation. I'm willing to be convinced.
    '58 Airedale

Tom2: Thank you very much, very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Tom2: Thank you very much, very well stated.
    Thanks for the thanks. I'm really curious about this one. If this guy earned a Silver Star for bravery under fire or risked his life to save his company, I'd like to hear it. If he was railroaded for some unproven trumped up charge, I'd like to hear it. I'd also like to know if she's an illegal alien and whether or not the kids are anchor babies. Simply stated, we seem to have another objection to established law. But I'd still like to hear the whole argument -- you know, the part beyond her stated argument -- outside the box if you will.
    '58 Airedale

RUSerious are you serious?
    Breaking the law is breaking the law. We have American citizens that break the law and serve the time as well as having their family broken up and seperated. So ,should we feel sorry for these men as well? And many of them have served in the military and helped secure this country. Should we allow them back into the society they betrayed? That is what PUNISHMENT IS! That is what incarceration is!

Deal with it!

If your husband is an illegal alien, then he should be deported. How many different people and how many different ways or different types of conversations and meetings or hearings need to be held to convince you and other pro-illegal people or organizations the way things are and the way our laws read?

We are already past thinking out of the box on this subject.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Well spoken Dixie!
    Thanks NB!!

Dixie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast